IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is there a 'GOD'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a 'GOD'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 10:38am
Quote The Saint:
For example the victory of Romans over Persians. Can there be anything clearer as a prediction?

A probable event to happen anyway and a lousy timing.
...And you call this a "clear prediction" ?

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 09 October 2015 at 10:38am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 7:30am
Neither you nor me where around when it all started. I'll stick to the simpler explanation that the laws of nature were always there instead of the unnecessary additional assumption that a once again "eternal", unknown God created them in the first place.

That is not an addition and certainly not unnecessary. God Almighty is central to the whole creation and the laws we are talking about!

Sure neither of us were there when it all began. But to me it is simpler and more sensible to believe that the creation is not an accident. And that you and I are just not a tittly fraction of an accident. And that a far more intelligent being created everything as per a master plan.

Mohamed did probably exist (I'd give it about the same probability as Jesus being crucified), but I more than strongly doubt that he was a (true) messenger of anything.

It is such a pity that you developed these notions without a shred of evidence. OTOH, to support my view the evidence is massive.

Just take your own logic to the bitter end. For Christians it is outright a provocation to claim that Jesus was not crucified and resurrected.

A provocation to whom? Christians? No, that is not correct. Christians, couldn't care less whether Jesus actually lived. Except for lip service they do not care about Jesus PBUH at all.

But Muslims adore Allah SWT and Muhammad PBUH and Jesus PBUH. Also, it is no provocation to believe what one does.

Christians say that Jesus PBUH was the son of God. But Muslims claim without diminishing respect for him, that Jesus PBUH was a great messenger who was saved from the ignominy of crucifixion by God Almighty.

Why not applying zero tolerance here as well and declare war on all those blasphemous creatures who say otherwise ? It would be only fair, wouldn't it ?

Blasphemous are those who show Jesus PBUH as a rockstar, a bank robber in movies.

That's what I meant by "sulky" the other day. It is always the others fault:

Ah!Ha! So that is what you mean by sulk! What about your sulks below? You are accusing me of what you are doing exactly. However, the responses are as follows, which you overlook or ignore, again and again, or you are, I am sorry to say, quite dumb.

The Banu Qurayza being slaughtered? Their fault, they deserved it.

Yes, they were traitors and deserved to be punished. Btw, are you from their tribe?

Invading Egypt, North Africa, Spain and Byzantine? Oh, only self defense.

Colonialists are hardly in a position to point fingers at others, particularly at those whom they colonised and brutalized! You should be ashamed.

The daily terrorists attack on infidels? Only fair, you've been unpleasant as well
The Islamic state? This is not the true Islam, not our problem

Of course, it has nothing to do with Muslims. They are most likely a product of CIA and Mossad.

Dodgy websites, no checking of the facts? Only good people with honest intentions .....

Compared to your evils and crimes, their sins are like a tea party to a bloody massacre!

All you show here is the ugly side of the "true religion"

It is really so sad you are blind to your own ugly self!
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 7:35am
A probable event to happen anyway and a lousy timing.

Bah! A probable event! You obviously do not know your history. Or, you are a trickster! A deceiver!

...And you call this a "clear prediction" ?

I call it a clear prediction because a Roman victory after a defeat was highly unlikely.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic