IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My most recent study  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My most recent study

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My most recent study
    Posted: 07 April 2015 at 8:42pm
Watch
The Fight for Yemen
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/frontline-fight-for-yemen/

Thoughts:

Yemen -
You ask me, What is wrong with islam?
They teach their children hatred, that is what is wrong with islam.
Children should not be taught hatred, ever.
What kind of future does this bode, when children are taught hatred?

- teaching the children to curse others
- teaching them to call people names, like 'dogs', and 'pigs'

As a child growing up, I was taught not to call names.

Deeper thoughts:

'and in those days will one third of the people of earth be killed'
Is it not clear that we are in those days?

Revelation 9
14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
the four corners of the river ?  Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Syria ?

15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.

18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
modern weapons of war

19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

If we added up all the killing in all the nations going on in the world in this present day...  How many??  a third part of men?

Revelation 17
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

all the kingdoms of islam ?  ... Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, Turkey ?

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Rome ?
the whore... peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues... the Catholic church ?

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
and the ten horns of the beast will hate the church and make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire...
aren't the islamists burning the churches all throughout the mideast? ... serving the beast ?

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
islam is fulfilling the will of God by serving the beast

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
the vatican, once strongly allied with kings and governments ?

Edited by Caringheart - 07 April 2015 at 8:47pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

WatchThe Fight for Yemenhttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/frontline-fight-for-yemen/Thoughts:Yemen -You ask me, What is wrong with islam?They teach their children hatred, that is what is wrong with islam.Children should not be taught hatred, ever.

I also watched that Frontline piece last night about Yemen. Your above comment underscores your inherent bias against Muslims and Islam. How can a less than 3 second clip of young children reaping slogans cast aspersions against an entire Yemeni population, as well as, Islam? Seems a bit unfair in my estimation.    
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

WatchThe Fight for Yemenhttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/frontline-fight-for-yemen/Thoughts:Yemen -You ask me, What is wrong with islam?They teach their children hatred, that is what is wrong with islam.Children should not be taught hatred, ever.

I also watched that Frontline piece last night about Yemen. Your above comment underscores your inherent bias against Muslims and Islam. How can a less than 3 second clip of young children reaping slogans cast aspersions against an entire Yemeni population, as well as, Islam? Seems a bit unfair in my estimation.    

Greetings abuayisha,

It is true my statement comes across as judging all as one... I actually do not, but I have seen too much of this.

... and if my statement was based on this one program, but it is not... I have seen this among children of Egypt, Pakistan, Palestine, and other places in the mid-east

To teach hatred to children is wrong,
and that is the concern I was expressing.
What kind of adults can we hope for these children to become, when they learn hatred?  When they learn to curse others for being different?  When innocence is stolen?  When they repeat such things?
This is a poison to any future of peace.
It is a grave concern.

Children learn what they live, and even a 3 second clip of young children saying this is a reflection of the culture they live.
I say, even one is too many.
I would have the same concern if I heard such words coming from the mouth of any child... which I fear is not too far off.
Evil is propagating in the world, and humans have a tendency to repay evil with evil.
Our only hope is in protecting the innocence of children.

I appreciate your comment.
It is true, it is wrong to disparage islam only... any religion could be used in this way.. to disparage others.
We must be careful to follow our scriptures, and to be sure that our scriptures do not teach this behavior.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 08 April 2015 at 1:11pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 1:07pm

Greetings abuayisha,It is true my statement comes across as judging all as one...

Indeed, and that's an understatement. I think such slogans which are directed at cameras are meant to make a political statement, and in all fairness, in my estimation, one should examine what social political problems or policies which have caused such vocal outcries. What a gross oversimplification and inaccuracy to attribute such slogans to Islam, or Muslim parents teaching children hate.    

Edited by abuayisha - 08 April 2015 at 1:08pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2015 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Greetings abuayisha,It is true my statement comes across as judging all as one...

Indeed, and that's an understatement. I think such slogans which are directed at cameras are meant to make a political statement, and in all fairness, in my estimation, one should examine what social political problems or policies which have caused such vocal outcries. What a gross oversimplification and inaccuracy to attribute such slogans to Islam, or Muslim parents teaching children hate.    

Hi abuayisha,

I'm sorry, I was still thinking this over, and I just edited my comment, then found your reply already here.  Smile

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 08 April 2015 at 1:13pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic