IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Humour
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - U.S. Worried About Living Up To Netanyahu Campaign  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Worried About Living Up To Netanyahu Campaign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Worried About Living Up To Netanyahu Campaign
    Posted: 19 March 2015 at 7:35am
WASHINGTON�Saying the Likud Party leader had set Israeli citizens� expectations extremely high in the run up to his reelection Tuesday, top-level sources expressed their worry Wednesday about whether the United States would actually be able to live up to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu�s campaign promises. �Given the ambitious list of security and spending initiatives that Netanyahu guaranteed Israeli voters on the campaign trail, I think it could be very difficult for the U.S. to come through on all of them; the pressure�s really going to be on America not to disappoint his constituents,� said U.S. State Department spokesman Eric Patel, explaining that, realistically, the U.S. would likely have trouble following through on Netanyahu�s repeated vows on the campaign trail to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon at any cost and continuing to thwart the creation of a Palestinian state. �He made a bold personal pledge to every voter that Israel�s military capabilities would be considerably bolstered under his watch, which is going to be real tough for us to accomplish. I�m afraid we might end up having to eat his words.� With Netanyahu�s extensive agenda laid out before the U.S., Patel added that America would likely just have to increase its annual $3.1 billion in aid to Israel a little further and hope for the best.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-worried-about-living-up-to-netanyahu-campaign-p,38248/
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2015 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-worried-about-living-up-to-netanyahu-campaign-p,38248/

You almost had me there! LOL
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2015 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

You almost had me there! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />

And me!
As it is Netanyahu is clearly the front runner for this year's "most extreme about face in the minimum time" award, and despite stiff world-wide competition is still the front runner for the "lying to the electorate to get yourself re-elected" prize.

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic