IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Letter to Iran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letter to Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letter to Iran
    Posted: 12 March 2015 at 8:19am
The U.S. media have been sadly incurious about the origins of yesterday�s unprecedented Open Letter of 47 Republicans to the Iranian leadership seeking to block the president�s likely deal with Iran. The press has portrayed the letter as the work of Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, a 37-year-old freshman senator so new to the limelight that the New York Times got his name wrong on first impression. But as a Times commenter writes, �Does anyone really believe the �freshman senator from Arkansas� wrote the letter? No.�

See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/2015/03/israel-fingerprints-republican#sthash.fdINHIbR.dpuf
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 4:57pm
Does agreeing with Netanyahu's position make someone out to be a patsy of Netanyahu? 
This article seems to be suggesting that the senator only took this action because he 'got paid' to do it.
Are they suggesting that Netanyahu himself wrote the letter?

And, lets not overlook the fact that 47 senators signed on to it.
Isn't it just possible that a junior senator was willing to go out on a limb because he believed in his cause, and would receive a valuable contribution for doing so?
If this is a newbie, a young idealistic senator, and particularly from the state of Arkansas, which in my opinion is a state which still seeks to adhere to high ideals and principles... then it would not surprise me at all.
and yes, most people do not take big risks unless they see value in the payoff... whether that payoff be monetary, or moral... so I don't think it is right to slant the issue as this article has done.... that is... 'if anything is in favor of anything Jewish, then it must have been done by the Jews'...

What if that opinion had been held when blacks were fighting for their rights?  What if every time a white person spoke in favor of 'black rights' it was said and believed that 'Ohhhh.... there must be a black person behind it somewhere, pulling the strings'?
Can people act merely on their own strong moral convictions?

jmo,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 12 March 2015 at 5:05pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 7:30am
The thing with international agreements is that they have little value to anybody once the conditions of such are no longer good for both parties.

I'm sure that Iran has, like any nation, broken and thrown away lots of agreements especially during it's revolution.

If Iran manages to negotiate a settlement with the US that works and allows for better trade etc then the US will stick to it for as long as if it was signed by every single US citizen.

Foreign policy and diplomacy are much more about pragmatism than ideology. The price of oil is far more important than anything else.

< ="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" ="text/">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic