IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a Bride  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Bride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 11:47am

their marriege didn't work out because Allah has set their marriege as an example to muslims.

Nothing, whether its good or evil happens whithout Allah's consent, anyway. There were clearly differences between Zainab(R.A) and ZAid(R.A). I don't know why you don't understand piety and comptibility as marriage partners are two different things. Do you really think a woman should marry a impotent man if he is pious??

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

Do you really think a woman should marry a impotent man if he is pious??

well, in Islam, isn't giving nafkah to his wife is a prerequisite? it is. so Islam has set the best guidelines already.

Edited by firewall
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 11:58am

What is nafkah by the way??

Also, to be more articulate let me put it this way, my question was between two equally religious woman, one of whom works out of home and other does not, who will be a better wife??

Edited by ZamanH
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 4:07am

Assalamu alaikum, brother Zaman,

I think the answer to your question might be that the better wife would be the one who is happy and content with what she is.

A woman who stays at home, but wishes she had a career will not be happy.  A woman who stays at home, and is content with that lifestyle will be happy.

A woman who works but wishes she could stay home will not be happy.  A woman who works, and is content with that lifestyle will be happy.

So, the job here is to thoroughly question and get to know any prospective spouse to see what her hopes and dreams of the future are, what she is happy doing and so on.

Simply, the better wife will be the one who is satisfied with her role in life, no matter what that role is!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:19pm

Walai Kum As Salaam Ukhti Ummziba,

Thanks for your reply.

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 12:34am

Edited by firewall
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 11:15am

& thank you for thanking Ummziba. maybe i'm not worth to be thanks to.

As Salaam Alaikum,

C'mon, I am profoundly grateful to you for holding this dicussion with me. I didn't thanked you earlier because I thought I will do that in the end. That's it.

Also, I am sorry if you feel I was reacting angrily with you. You might be feeling that way because I might have been too much frank in those messages, as I am often tempted to not spending much time while composing my messages.

Zaman.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic