IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a Bride  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Bride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 7:07am

Salams,

ZamanH u said somethings along the lines of:  you insisted that peoples in the west have been eaten by the western culture that against islamic value.  

I just retraced this from a post Samer said to you..  highlighting the above statements you made too.

Samer responded to this by saying:  So according to your assumption it's impossible to find a bride that meet your requirements. Why don't you just find her in India that according to you it's way more easy to find untouched man and women compare in the west.

Remember?

*Islamic Girl*
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 7:09am
ZamanH, it wasn't just you, it was just reading everyone's thread in general that made me respond the way I did, but do u remember saying something along the lines of my last post??
*Islamic Girl*
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam,

ZamanH, why you even bothered to find a bride for your brother here?

Walaikum As salaam,

YA ALLAH, Everyone is misunderstanding me. I am NOT looking for a bride for my brother in this forum. I am just asking your opinion whether we should approach a professional woman or a housewife type.

He will certainly marry a girl form the city of my parents i.e. Bhopal (we have been living there for generations).

Yap! as more and more responses that I see to your simple question, more I am realizing people's preoccupation about your sayings on other posts. And that leads to responding to a wrong question. I have noted it and therefore thought to jump in to rescue you with my own understanding for your question. See if I can succeed in it.

My preference goes with a working wife than a house wife. Plain and simple. I don't think that I should remind the pros and cons of the two. However, as regards to care and upbringing of the children is concerned, people in close family traditions and combined families, like you have mentioned are living from generations after generations at the same place, they don't have much to worry about as there are always elders in the home to take care of this aspect. Even if your brother opts to move to another location, elders from a family may be called in for help.   

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 4:20pm

Edited by firewall
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:58am

why do people have the mindset that women who is not a professional carreer woman, is more pure, untouched, husband-pleasing etc...

Question is about compatibility, its not about judging anyone.

actually there are many women who loves to be a housewife, but they need to work to support their family.

Their issues are entirely different from those who work outside home because of their preference/choice. Anyway, that is off the topic.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:31pm

Edited by firewall
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:19am
For happiness in marriage, piety of the partners alone is not enough. One good example is that of Zainab (R.A) marriage to Prophet's adopted son. Both of them were pious but the marriage didn't succeed/work out.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:22am

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic