IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iran Agreement  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iran Agreement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran Agreement
    Posted: 04 March 2015 at 7:37am
On Monday at the pro-Israel American Israel Public Affairs Committee convention, Netanyahu previewed his Congress presentation. He pointed out that Israel is a small country in �the world�s most dangerous neighborhood.� Though strong, he said, his country is �vulnerable� and so �Israeli leaders worry about the survival of their country.�

He did not mention that Israel has about 200 of its own nuclear weapons, some on submarines, and he certainly will not say that before Congress.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2015/03/02/65600768-bf66-11e4-b274-e5209a3bc9a9_story.html
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 5:17am
< ="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" ="text/">< ="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" ="text/">Are you sure about the submarines?

Such things are very expensive and as such why would they bother when land based ones are cheaper and there is no threat of a first strike knocking them out?

They could even use surface ships, the enemies of Israel don't have credible navies.

P.S. I don't know why the picture share bit is here. I have tried to get rid of it.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 05 March 2015 at 5:18am
talhaahmed1983 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talhaahmed1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 7:18pm
Iran might want to do something about its like-minded Houthi rebels and here is the latest news from Yemen war zone that Saudi-led forces have been pushing deep into Yemen borders trying to destroy rebel facilities and arms stockpiles. I am now more concerned about Iran getting into another cold war, this time with Saudi Arabia. Not good for Middle East and Iran itself.Ground incursion led by Saudi Arabia might tamp down a rebel advance, but in the long run things can get worse in the regional politics. Iran will definitely flex its muscles.As for the battle that has been raging for the last three days, Saudi alliance has pushed back rebels in Aden and seized back the main airport, dealing a huge blow to Houthi fighters. I hope the situation will normalize with the intervention of Turkey and Pakistan as these two countries are strong military arms of Muslim countries (though there is only a loose alliance with no definite goal). But I am sure Pakistan will jump in if the situation worsens as Pak foreign officials have hinted to a possible despatch of troops to KSA in case the battle widens.

Edited by talhaahmed1983 - 31 March 2015 at 1:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic