IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Issues with Sister in law  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with Sister in law

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namiarmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with Sister in law
    Posted: 19 February 2015 at 9:51am
This may be long. LOL.

I have been married for a year now. My husband and I live with his mother and sister. I have been getting along with them fairly well. My sister in law in a couple of years younger with me and recently started working after graduation with my encouragement. My husband and my mother in law were against it but i convinced them as I was also working before marriage. Its been about 6 months since she started working and since a couple of months she has been on her phone non-stop, every minute she's home. Be it weekday or weekend.

She confided to me a few days back that she has made some friends at work. Men. Not that its a bad thing. but i am suspecting something else as who speaks to your friends in your closed bedroom. shes on phone ALL NIGHT too.She dresses better to work now than she used to before and comes home late at night while she used to come home by 6-7 max.

I am also not against her wanting to marry someone she likes but her friends are non-muslim.

I spoke to my husband about this and he agrees he needs to speak to her but she told him to Butt-out and that its not his business. same to her mother as well.
So they just left her alone.

I am worried as i feel guilty since i persuaded everyone to send her to work and she is doing exactly what she should not be doing.

What do i do?
lindseynicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindseynicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 3:04am
This is a real fact of joint family that there is some issues in that with the person which do not cooperative in nature. Women always have these types of problems because they need sometime to understand the nature of every family member. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic