IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Making my way in life through Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making my way in life through Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiamat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making my way in life through Islam
    Posted: 08 February 2015 at 2:42pm
Salam Alaykum sisters.
I'm from Colombia, I reverted to Islam in jan 2014. It's been a hard, slow process that maybe only reverted sisters from the west would understand, and I beg you to please not judge me for not doing everything a muslim is supposed to do yet.

I just wanted to share the joy of having prayed by my own will for the first time, as I had only done it before 3 times at a mosque. I do not know arabic or the prayers so I looked it up online and with the aid of a video, I made the "Asr" prayer. It felt good and I was calm after the prayer, more encouraged to do my duties.

I don't have any muslim friends in my city as I live in a country where the muslim community is practically non existant, so I would appreciate the support and understanding from sisters I can contact online.

InshaAllah, I will walk this path one step at a time.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 5:29pm
Wa alaikum salam,

Alhamdulillah, welcome to Islam and welcome to this forum.

Edited by icforumadmin - 09 February 2015 at 1:59pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by tiamat tiamat wrote:

Salam Alaykum sisters.
I'm from Colombia, I reverted to Islam in jan 2014. It's been a hard, slow process that maybe only reverted sisters from the west would understand, and I beg you to please not judge me for not doing everything a muslim is supposed to do yet.

I just wanted to share the joy of having prayed by my own will for the first time, as I had only done it before 3 times at a mosque. I do not know arabic or the prayers so I looked it up online and with the aid of a video, I made the "Asr" prayer. It felt good and I was calm after the prayer, more encouraged to do my duties.

I don't have any muslim friends in my city as I live in a country where the muslim community is practically non existant, so I would appreciate the support and understanding from sisters I can contact online.

InshaAllah, I will walk this path one step at a time.

Asalaamu Alaykum

All thanks and praise is due to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala Lord of the worlds.

He has guided you to His religion, Islam is the only recognised by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

As you are from Colombia I am guessing that you were a Roman Catholic. If you were then know that Roman Catholicism is a pagan Roman religion wholly involved in idol worship. I know this because I too was a Roman Catholic once.

My advise to you would be to take everything very slowly, like a child learning to walk, talk and grow. As you have taken the Shahada you have taken the most important step and the rest will follow In Shaa Allah with His help and guidance.

With regard to prayers what I did was to learn two short Surah's and pray with these until you learn more. Even before memorising the surah's I wrote down what I need to utter in prayer and  I held this piece of paper whilst praying or rather reading the words that we needed to say and reading off the paper. There are lots of videos on youtube in how to pray and what to say during prayer.

Another advise would be to read the translation of the Qur'an in a language that you understand. I recommend www.quran.com as they have various translations available. Then read the Hadiths from www.sunnah.com which you will find a link from the other website. Then try to read the seera or life of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) to understand the religion and how God Almighty chose a people who were the lowest of low and transformed them from idol worshippers to believe in the Oneness of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Finally I advise you to fast whenever you can as this will help you fast during the time of Ramadan. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) fasted every Monday and Thursday. He tells us that every act of worship is for our own benefit but fasting is solely for Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

If you have any questions at all please post them on this forum as there are so many knowledgeable brothers and sisters.

May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala strengthen your imaan keep you steafast n the Straight Path In Shaa Allah ameen.
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic