IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Breaking News!!!(Intelligent Design?)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breaking News!!!(Intelligent Design?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking News!!!(Intelligent Design?)
    Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:50am
Last Updated: Tuesday, 20 December 2005, 17:28 GMT
'Intelligent design' teaching ban
Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is widely accepted by scientists
A court in the US has ruled against the teaching of the theory of "intelligent design" alongside Darwinian evolution.

A group of parents in the Pennsylvania town of Dover had taken the school board to court for demanding biology classes not teach evolution as fact.

The authorities wanted to introduce the theory that Earth's life was too complicated to have evolved on its own.

Judge John Jones ruled the school board had violated the constitutional ban on teaching religion in public schools.

The 11 parents who brought the case argued that teaching intelligent design (ID) was effectively teaching creationism, which is banned.

We find that the secular purposes claimed by the board amount to a pretext for the board's real purpose, which was to promote religion
Judge John Jones

They complained the theory - which argues life must have been helped to develop by an unseen power - is tantamount to religious education.

The separation of church and state is enshrined in the US constitution.

In a 139-page written ruling, the federal judge said: "Our conclusion today is that it is unconstitutional to teach ID as an alternative to evolution in a public school science classroom."

Judge Jones said he had determined that ID was not science and "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents".

Citizens had been "poorly served" by members of the school board who voted for the ID policy, he said.

HAVE YOUR SAY
Students need to be taught both sides of the story so to speak
Zahra Al-Raweshidy, UK

"It is ironic that several of these individuals, who so staunchly and proudly touted their religious convictions in public, would time and again lie to cover their tracks and disguise the real purpose behind the ID policy," he said.

"We find that the secular purposes claimed by the board amount to a pretext for the board's real purpose, which was to promote religion in the public school classroom."

The judge banned any future implementation of the policy in Dover schools.

The lawyer for the parents said the ruling was a "real vindication" for those families who had had the courage to challenge the school board.

The school board voted for "intelligent design" last year, but was itself voted out of office last month, reports BBC science correspondent Roland Pease.

It provoked US TV evangelist Pat Robertson to warn the town was invoking the wrath of God.

Other school boards in the country were expected to follow the case closely to see whether they would be allowed to teach the theory alongside that of evolution.

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:08pm
Dawrin wrote that man evolved from apes and got where we are today from that. Most of the major religions teach god created man. yet thanks to some scummy atheists suing the school districts and gov. claiming religion should not be taught in public schools because they have no religion and don't want exposed to any either.all religion was banned from school curriculum. but they still taught evolution.So finally the courts step up and say nope cant teach that either because it violates peoples right to religion by pushing evolution and suppressing religion. about time they even the playing field. 
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:11pm

Dear Kenski,please change ur color?,it makes us negative...

Islamcity the board of Colors,

Edited by Suleyman
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:39pm
really? ok hows this?
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:41pm
I was not talking about being an clown?....
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:57pm
i was joking take care...i think i should buy a kitten to play, i get bored at these days...
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 2:13pm
No seriously, does red script have the same effect as say all capital letters?
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 10:14am
proved by scientific researches, i agree...

Edited by Suleyman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic