IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:58am

Here's one for your collection lord  serv of etus.

Speech should be free at the point of delivery, but be careful what you say or you might have to pay for it later.

fehmi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fehmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:59am

A great percentage of businessmen who lead the world economy and influence such big governments as America are Jews. For instance, the so-called Islamist Turkish government, as well as the former ones, obviously fear Israel. In Turkey, we have seen them make strong statements about Israeli atrocities and then retract them in obvious fear of the Jewish lobby in the U.S. as well as Israel itself.

And you say Muslims should stop thinking that Jews are capable of doing harm to Muslims.

Besides, you should have some more confidence yourself and do not try hard to change the way Muslims think.

I have encountered many people on the net and elsewhere who think such ridiculous negative things about Turks and Muslims in general. I do not feel so strongly about their ridiculous thoughts. Allah does control the world despite all seeming signs to the contrary, and I have confidence about His control.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 7:57am

(Rezz:)  �Humour (or lack of it) is a personal thing.�

I do quite agree. 

�I've repeated the joke to many Muslims who have laughed because it was "brilliant political commentary".

How fortunate for you. 

"It is said that the ability of a community to laugh at itself is an indication of its confidence.�

This seems plausible.  Perhaps, then, you should consider becoming part of the community.

"Wouldn't you agree?"

As usual, I agree up to a point.  And then it�s full stop.

"And isn't the whole point of "free speech" having the freedom not to be "agreeable"?"

Yes.  That is why I posted the statement (#16).  Was the irony, which I fully intended, not obvious?   Most of the time I am an Anglophile and rank your George Orwell, among others, at the top of my list of favorites, or should I say favourites?

Finally, at least I perceive that thou, Lord Colin, didst not miss the irony of my statement (#16) and saw fit to elaborate upon the theme (#17).  Good show. 

____________________________________________________________ ___

The following is inspired, for lack of a better word, by the notorious and often ill-understood statement by Karl Marx concerning religion being the opiate of the people.

Irreligion blocks the serotonin re-uptake of the intelligentsia.

Servetus 

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 2:17pm

This one does not actually deserve a number of its own, but I have often wondered, when walking the streets of London:

Who is Bill Stickers and when will he finally be arrested?

Servetus

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2006 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

This one does not actually deserve a number of its own, but I have often wondered, when walking the streets of London:

Who is Bill Stickers and when will he finally be arrested?

Servetus

Bill Stickers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Bill Stickers was a brand of clothing in the UK in the 1980s with slogans such as "Bill Stickers is innocent", derived from a commonly seen notice in English cities saying "BILL STICKERS WILL BE PROSECUTED", as a warning to stickers of bills, otherwise known as fly posting.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 8:53am

Thanks, Angela.  I didn't check Wikipedia and thought that maybe I was the only one to wonder about Bill Stickers.  

Democratize this (the US economy)!  All decisions presently taken, or made, by the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank should henceforth be presented as proposals and be submitted to the American plebiscite (i.e., masses) for a full vote .

Servetus 

Edited by Servetus
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 9:34am
You're welcomed Serv, I do my best to stay informed of those "important" social issues.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:49pm

# 20

Anyone who does not accept the Pax Americana (peace according to terms specified and enforced by the Washington/Tel-Aviv Axis) is a hatemonger and potential evildoer.

Serv

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic