IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2005 at 10:45am

The good lawyer writes laws and agreements; the better lawyer devises ways to legally circumvent them; the best lawyer does both and takes his or her seat in the US Congress.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2005 at 2:32pm
Hahahaha
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2005 at 10:55am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

As i understand many scholars do not think the one eye of the dajjal is a literal description of him but an indication of him being spiritualy blind thus he only promotes materialism. Which is different from Muhammad asad's view as well as his teacher rashid rida (a freemason, something most scholars are aware of) who is by no means a sheikh or scholar. They did not consider the Dajjal to be a person while on the otherhand what i mentioned earlier is not in contradiction to the neumorous ahadith which state that he is.

If you take not the most famous ahadith about the dajjal ( which is an account of a man who met him, although we do not know if the account was a dream or an actual event but which our prophit confirmed the account to be true) which has a detailed description of his apearance mentions nothing about his being physicly blind in one eye while the ahadith which do are from the sayings of rasul allah himself about which many have said they should not taken literaly.

Are you familair with the works of Shaikh Imran Hussein he explains this spiritual aspect of the ahadith very well.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:37am

Rami (you are quoted below in blue):

"As i understand many scholars do not think the one eye of the dajjal is a literal description of him but an indication of him being spiritualy blind thus he only promotes materialism."

Thank you.

"Which is different from Muhammad asad's view as well as his teacher rashid rida (a freemason, something most scholars are aware of) who is by no means a sheikh or scholar."

The plot thickens.  I don�t remember the man's name, rank and serial number [insert smile].  I only recall that the learned convert to Islam, translator of the Quran, and apparent master of early Arabic, Leopold Weiss-cum-Muhammad Asad considered him worthy of the title (if we are even referring to the same person, in this case).

"They did not consider the Dajjal to be a person while on the otherhand what i mentioned earlier is not in contradiction to the neumorous ahadith which state that he is."

It has been some time now since I read Asad�s book -I left it in the book shop and was not so impressed that I wanted a copy of my own- but it seems to me that his interpretation was rather deep, allowing, in the end, and at least by implication, both a literal and metaphorical interpretation, simultaneously.

"If you take not the most famous ahadith about the dajjal ( which is an account of a man who met him, although we do not know if the account was a dream or an actual event but which our prophit confirmed the account to be true) which has a detailed description of his apearance mentions nothing about his being physicly blind in one eye while the ahadith which do are from the sayings of rasul allah himself about which many have said they should not taken literaly."

I can�t say I fully understood this.  Could you please elaborate? 

"Are you familair with the works of Shaikh Imran Hussein he explains this spiritual aspect of the ahadith very well."

Not at all.  Could you please provide a link, assuming that his works are available online and in English?  I remain somewhat interested in this subject.    Thank you.

Serv

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:42am

The staunchest defenders of the facial veil are famous Hollywood celebrities: immediately after their plastic surgery and before their bruises have healed.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 4:51pm

There is an �minence grise but it is not the American Vice President.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 11:21am

A permanent Islamic member (state or commonwealth) should be included on the UN Security Council and said member should be granted full veto power.

Do you know why the 5 permanent members sit on the security council? Because they are the ones who stood up and fought and defeated the AXIS in WWII. All of those nations earned the right to be there. Paid for in the blood of their people.Those positions were not handed out like candy.For example Russia lost 12 million people china lost 22 million. England and the US won many,many decisive battles.France was occupied and suffered terribly also.All these nations earned their spots. What did Iran do? Or any Muslim country for that matter.What Muslim army defeated any axis army?No Muslims at Guadalcanal,Kirsk,or Normandy.

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 11:49am

Don't say that Kenski.  The Soviet Union was atheist only in propaganda.  Muslims were all over Russia, I'm sure there were muslims in the Russian army, even if they were forbidden to practice.  I'm also quite sure that Muslims were part of the people who fought the Desert Fox and Italy's invasion of Northern Africa.  Most of their countries were as yet unestablished as we know them now.  They did not have the massive armies of the Allies of WWII.  But, the gesture would do well to show the 2 billion Muslims that the world considers them important. 

And on a side note?  Who gave the French their seat?  They surrendered...twice! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic