IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can someone explain what Iran is doing?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can someone explain what Iran is doing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 4:56am
Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

what causes more destruction - atom bomb or nuclear bomb?

how can anyone forget how u.s. miserably attacked hiroshima and nagasaki in japan by an atom bomb which caused wide scale destruction and whose after-effects still prevail.

that u.s. which used an atom bomb on japan wants to teach iran not to make a nuclear bomb?

Dropping those bombs was completely justified and saved hundreds of thousands American lives. Without those nukes many more lives would of been lost.

ops, u r just giving an excuse !

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 5:28am

My understanding is that Iran elects their leaders after they have been screened by the religious authority.  The people pulling the strings of power behind the scenes are religious. That makes Iran a Theocracy. 

If your screen name wasn't what it is or if I weren't the passionate Afghan with an absolute allergy to anything and everything US, promise you on my scout's honour, we would have become the best of friends.

You are dead right they create an illusion of Democracy. 

I wish we had a movement here in the West to become more Democratic.

Who needs power pimps in this day and age of communication? Ever thought of Electronic Democracy? It will be there one day. Thirty years ago how many of us would have thought that we would live without the sacred dollar bills?

I'm not a Muslim, but provoking a war, seems well, un-Islamic. 

Great man, who is provoking a war? The wolf with the largest air force in the world or the poor lamb with a few canister of oil still left under his floor?

Or, is it also possible that no one is provoking a war and the Washington and London pups are just barking at Iran for her control in Bagdad and thus of all the Production "Sharing" agreements Paul Bremmer put in place for a pliant Iraqi government to ratify?

Sure like any religion it has its fanatics who would hide behind a religious facade to promote hatred and violence to further their ambition driven agenda.

So, all the wars and violence in our world are promoted by some Muslim fanatics? They are the only ones in our entire universe with ambition driven agenda? London and Washington follow uncle Billy Graham's gospels?

Surely the Iranians know that a direct conflict with the US/Israel would be, as ak_m_f noted, suidical. 

Great analysis or, shall we say, fantastic anal y sis? Really? My boy sometimes times just change. We are now facing the Sunset powers. It would be wise to at least muffle this one a little, even I can smell your empty threat.

As the recent invasion of Iraq proved, these nations have the power and the will to invade and occupy other nations.

Come on, pray, tell me what has the invasion and occupation of Iraq proven?

So I wonder what the advantage is?  The US is bogged down in Iraq.  From my observations of the US, starting another war would be unpopular.

Is Iran ready for war?  Iran is just being painted by your media to be war ready. The drums are being beaten elesewhere, not in Teheran.

If so they better have a way to neutralize America's air superiority. Someone did that when they were trying to invade Iran in 1979.

If it came down to a purely ground based war, I think Iran could defend itself. Sorry, Iran won't have to defend herself on her own. This once, half of Turkey, all of Pakistan + Afghanistan and around 55% of Syria will jump in. We will not count the Saudi and the Gulf disencanted lot at this stage. Today west stands exposed and the Muslims have come to know where they stand. Poor Karzai and Pervez Mush could only act as far as they have for the uglies of the world.

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like Iran still needs time to be able to defend itself from the US. Its still a couple of years away from possessing nukes.  Its air defenses are still a work in progress.  But it does have a significant CW and BW capability.

All great western minds can only measure what is known only to them. God bless you and your calculations!

Overall, the best Iran can hope for is a draw.  More likely a war with the US will result in a invasion/occupation. Come on then, what are we waiting for? Invade, please, uncle OBL has been waiting for this moment for I don't know how long!

I still don't see the logic behind Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's anti-Israel remarks. Could you please quote hom verbatim? Do you really know what he said or are we just trumpeting the Fox News?

I believe OBL made the same mistake. He thought that he could get the US out of the middle-east by provocation and attacks on the US.

Wrong number. He in fact wanted the US to be exactly where she is today

This is the same mistake the Palastinians made by electing a terrorist organization to it's government. There will never be peace for Palistine with these actions. Never.

It's okay for everyone else to elect their terrorists, gun runners, shady arms dealers, oil stealers, baby killers - but anyone in the Muslim world does that, it's the end of the universe.

Could you just tell me, the most reverend abd the wise One, what was the problem when the ALGERIANS elected a government by a 92% vote just a few years ago?

Why must the west be always so scared of anything democratic going on in the Muslim world.

Did it not start with an elected Iranian government in 1953?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 3:09pm

No, not an excuse. That's called the Western Logic of Covenience. Didn't they invade Eyerak to save lives?

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#0033cc size=3>No, not an excuse. That's called the Western Logic of Covenience. Didn't they invade Eyerak to save lives?

<!-- Signature -->

Whisper the sextual abuse of Prisoners in guantanamo bay was also justified, imagine marines raping US citizens in the street, Thank God they raped the prisoners instead

Edited by ak_m_f
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 2:31pm
Seem's obvious to me that it is the United State's that is hellbent on making war with Iran.  Have so many people forgotten the words,"Stick's and stone's can break my bone's,but WORDS can never hurt me".? Why is America so ready to kill over WORDS??!! Oh,and about Iran having nuclear power..what is the big deal? Korea has made big threats against against the U.S.,but that goes ignored.Seem's like the current administration want's to wipe out ALL Arab nations...I dont know any Korean muslim's,do you?
Moonie
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 3:30pm

Seem's like the current administration want's to wipe out ALL Arab nations...I dont know any Korean muslim's,do you?

Oh there are about 200 in Korea but they are not in North Korea...

part of the differences here is that Westerners tend to think the short term. Other people look at the long-term. I remember talking to a friend from another country. He said he is not worried about Israel. As there is little chance it will be around in a couple of hundred years. Just by numbers alone�

Minus the destruction the US government causes it is almost humorous to watch them jump at these little countries. We have Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Iran.. And then Chavez in Venezuela.. Now the Latin American countries are more finding their voices to tell the US to stuff it with their policies.

I remember after 9/11 one talk show host on the radio said �Find Osama Bin Ladin in Afganistan? We cannot even find the 10 most wanted in this country!�

I agree with Whisper. OBL has achieved exactly what he wanted.

I think what is interesting is that for US, most people were brought into the real world with 9/11, that we are interconnectedness of the world. We tend to be isolated and the last war on US soil was 160 years ago. Some don�t mind it if others are dying. Just not us is the mentality.Wars are alright if its not your house being blown up, your livlihood destroyed, your land screwed up.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:34am
Put yourself in Iran's shoes.  You got Afghanistan full of U.S. troops on one side and Iraq full of U.S. troops on the other.  Both with no weapons of mass destruction that eventually fell to the U.S. war machine.  What do you do if you're Iran?  Develop those weapons as quickly as possible.

On another note, the U.S. military is stretched to thin and the Iranians would put up a much more fierce resistance if invaded.  It would make Iraq look like pillow fight(although you can get seriously hurt in a pillow fight).

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 2:27am

Absolutely dangerous man, Megatron. In fact almost worse than our good old Oscar Wilde. Please don't say things like that, our Amreekis are already well shaken. We see all manner of abuse hurled at the rest of the world.

Any Celtic streak in there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic