IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Koran 2015  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Koran 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trondi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Koran 2015
    Posted: 12 January 2015 at 12:00pm
The Koran was written a long time ago. Times and circumstances were very different then.

With so many Muslims following the path of peace, wishing to persuade extremists within their faith to tone down their rhetoric, tone down their extreme interpretations of the Koran, is it not time for the text to be reviewed and revised for modern times and modern supporters of the faith.

It must be incredibly difficult for a Muslim teachers and preachers and parents to deal with some of the more militant / controversial statements within what is an astonishingly sensible guide for people even today.

Could a revision ever be a consideration by the Muslim community?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2015 at 10:58am
No, because Allah says in Quran in ch 5 v 3 that On this day Allah had completed our religion and chosen islam and forbids any innovation in religion.
ProudSlave View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudSlave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 1:58pm
The Mona Lisa looks a little out of style (by today's standards), should we change it? Maybe add a little makeup?

The Quran is the Word of God, who are we to be making revisions?!?!
ExplainPlease View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExplainPlease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 5:43am
Hi all.

I am new here. Can anyone tell me if non muslims are allowed to comment in this forum?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by ExplainPlease ExplainPlease wrote:

Hi all. I am new here. Can anyone tell me if non muslims are allowed to comment in this forum?

Non Muslims can comment here but be careful of the suicide bomber behind you.
La Ilaha IllAllah
CaesarAugustus View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaesarAugustus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2015 at 8:53am
Why in the Qur'an as it is today the order of the revelation for every chapter does not match with the chapter order in the book?
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Trondi Trondi wrote:

The Koran was written a long time ago. Times and circumstances were very different then.

With so many Muslims following the path of peace, wishing to persuade extremists within their faith to tone down their rhetoric, tone down their extreme interpretations of the Koran, is it not time for the text to be reviewed and revised for modern times and modern supporters of the faith.
Hi Trondi! Exactly which verses of the Quran you think need revision?

Originally posted by Trondi Trondi wrote:

It must be incredibly difficult for a Muslim teachers and preachers and parents to deal with some of the more militant / controversial statements within what is an astonishingly sensible guide for people even today. Could a revision ever be a consideration by the Muslim community?
Again, can you be little more specific about the 'more militant / controversial' verses. Thanks.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by CaesarAugustus CaesarAugustus wrote:

Why in the Qur'an as it is today the order of the revelation for every chapter does not match with the chapter order in the book?

Why? Do you think there is something wrong with it? If the author wants His book to be in the format as it is today seen in your hands, do you have an objection to it, someway or somehow?

Apart from above, personally speaking, I got the shock of my life, when I first time objectively opened the book to understand it. Right in the very first chapter after the introductory chapter of Al-Fateha, I found the book talking about its own authenticity. Wow! This is really a big issue this is a remarkable distinguishing feature that I got from this book during my quest for the comparative religious study. I am sure, others would find their own 'shocks' in some other ways, as per Allah's plan for an individual's guidance. It is now up to this individual, how he/she takes it. Best regards.

Indeed Allah knows the best.

Edited by AhmadJoyia - 05 November 2015 at 9:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic