IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question
    Posted: 11 January 2015 at 3:42pm
Hello i have one question. I have offended my friend who is Muslim with inapropriate question about his Prophet. I must say i had not intention to offend him. My ignorance and low education about Islam caused this. My question is: can a Muslim forgive if someone say something wrong about their Prophet. I thank you for answer!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 12:31am

Salam/Peace,

Yes forgiving is one very important teaching in Islam, and prophet Muhammad PBUH give many examples about this. When he was back to Makkah he had the opportunity to take revenge to Abu Sufyan one of the most prominent enemy of him that killed so many of his supporter, companions and relatives. Abu Sufyan himself was scared to death, the Prophet didn't take revenge, he forgave Abu Sufyan and made friend with him.

Edited by semar - 13 January 2015 at 7:10pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Betty View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 4:24am
Thank you very much for your answer! And thank you for your time!
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:13am
"Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Quran, Sura An-Noor:11-22)
Betty View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 12:09pm
Beautiful! I have started learning about Islam and more i read more i feel i do not belong where i am now i feel i belong in Islam!
Betty View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 12:31pm
One more question i have! Am i alowed to read Quran even though i am not a Muslim?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:08pm
Yes you do, how peoples know Quran if they don't allow to read it.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2015 at 10:56am
Allah in ch 7 v 199 of Quran says hold on to forgiveness, command what is good and stay away from ignorant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic