IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Free time  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free time
    Posted: 21 December 2014 at 3:48am
Assalamualaikum all
may this question find all of you in good health
I am writing it as i found very good response from all of you. I am a new revert sister. I want to know what can i do in my free time? I memorize Quran, write blog, have a job, also doing some research but what else sometimes can i do in my free time?
All suggestions will be great help
Allah hafiz
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2015 at 7:27pm
Walaakum Salaam. You could attend halaqa classes and volunteer at the mosque. you could also volunteer in your local community like feed the homeless etc.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 10:09pm
Walaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

Sister Tureen, you have got a good question and i pray that this question be a guidance for we muslimahs.

Free time - imemdiately reminded me of this hadith

But most people are unaware of the importance of this blessing and are neglectful of their duties towards it, namely to fill it with acts of gratitude and obedience towards Allaah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �There are two blessings which many people do not make the most of and thus lose out: good health and free time.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6412.

This hadith teaches us importance of using our free hours. Most of us, especially , women, use our freetime in unislamic acts or indulging in those acts disliked in Islam. Unislamic acts like - listening to music, playing cards. And those acts disliked in Islam are gossiping { thanks to the great invention - Telephone/cellphones/internet} , watching telivision, going out unnecessarily.{ while a women is much preferred to remain in their homes }

Anyways, we should try our best to refrain from these unislamic and disliked acts of islam. Now the question comes, then how shud be use our free hour !

You already memorize Quran, write blog, do research - Masha Allah. May Allah swt accept your efforts and reward you. But sis, i see you gaining knowledge but you did not mention as how you spread it.{ perhaps you write it in your blog}. Why don't you use internet to spread Islam. Make beautiful powerpoint presentations, share them. Or as suggested by a sister volunteer at mosque, even be active at Islamicity :) This would keep you busy and take most of your time.

Also sis, if it interests you, why don't you try sewing. Its sunnah of our women in Islam. Try to make different food.----

All these i pray shall be helpful to you , insha Allah.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2015 at 5:45am
Have some fun?
Tureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 6:45pm
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. JazakhAllahkhairan.
How can I use Internet to spread Islam ? And should I make presentations and upload in Youtube?
(And also am doing all these things hiding from my family..I would love to serve homeless once I am fully independent.)
Regards,
Allah hafiz
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Tureen Tureen wrote:

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. JazakhAllahkhairan.
How can I use Internet to spread Islam ? And should I make presentations and upload in Youtube?
(And also am doing all these things hiding from my family..I would love to serve homeless once I am fully independent.)
Regards,
Allah hafiz

You could try preaching to those who are not Muslims.

Try some atheist forum.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2015 at 1:03am
Dear Tureen,

Congratulations on accepting Islam. May Allah keep you steadfast, and may His religion be easy for you.

My advice to you would be not to burn yourself. If you have free time and good 'girl' friends, chill out :) Yes, I mean do something relaxing - like pursuing a hobby. What did you use to do before you were a muslim? Do something which is not offensive in Islam but at the same time does not have to be a serious religious activity either.

Go easy on yourself. If you tire yourself too much, you might lose steam by overdoing it and fall short of energy to go a long way. So beware of that.

And, stay around :)

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic