IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Dream  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Dream
    Posted: 15 December 2005 at 6:32am
Salamu-Aleikum, brothers & sisters

I had a dream yesterday about my beard. I saw in my dream that I cut my beard with no reason, then I felt a sharp pain in my heart and started crying 'cause I kept the beard for the love of Allah (S.W.T), then I woke holding my beard and feeling relived and happy that it was just a dream, but it was soo real. Do you guys know the meaning of this dream?

My beard isn't long yet (Insha-Allah it will be soon) 'cause I just started growing it about 2 weeks ago, I haven't got a full all-around beard 'cause it hasn't grown yet, if you know what I mean, I just got light beard on the chins but I still kept it for the love of Allah (S.W.T) ( I don't really care what people think).

Edited by Imam
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 9:21am

-I saw in my dream that I cut my beard with no reason, then I felt a sharp pain in my heart and started crying 'cause I kept the beard for the love of Allah (S.W.T), then I woke holding my beard and feeling relived and happy that it was just a dream, but it was soo real. Do you guys know the meaning of this dream?-

Did you cut your beard without you having power over doing so?

Edited by Community
free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 10:31am

Assalaamu alaikum

Dear brother,

From the limited description you gave I would say your dream meant the following�..

The cutting of your beard with no reason, means that you brake away from your Islamic practice without due cause (ie we know that to maintain our practice is good for us, but we may be deceived into thinking that something else may offer us peace and sanctity).

With regards to keeping the beard for the love of Allah {SWT}, the pain that was in your heart tells you that it is not only for the love of Allah {SWT] that you wish to keep your beard, but for the benefit of your own-self, so as to bring peace to your heart.   

I do not wish to worry you, rather advise that we need to be aware of leaving our practice.

And all praise are due to Allah    

Kind regards
Antony

Imam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 10:33am

I think I did have the power.

@ free - is that bad? do you mean I left the fold of Islam?

Edited by Imam
free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:25am

On the contrary, I perceive this dream to be a very good thing.

The shaitan�s quest is to lead us away from Allah {SWT}, and His Divine Laws. I believe this is a warning (and a blessing unto you) about the level of the shaitan�s deception (ie The shaitan deceived you into leaving [however temporarily it may be] your practice without a cause).

The real blessing in this dream comes from the fact that you felt the effects of leaving your practice, in other words - Allah {SWT} has blessed you by instilling true belief in your heart, for you were/are/will be aware that there is no peace (in your heart) other than in the practice of Islam.

So, you see how lucky you are, and remember - All praise is due to Allah the Lord of all that exists.

Lucky you!

Kind regards
antony      

Imam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:05pm

I feel like crying with happiness & joy thank you brother may Allah (S.W.T) guide us All and protect us from the evil shaitan.

'Laa Hawla Walaa Quwwata illaa billaah'  (There is no power -
to refrain from evil - nor ability - to do good - except with Allah, the
Most High, the Exalted).

Edited by Imam
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:08pm

The only time Allah swt mentions the beard in the koran is when Mosa the peace is upon him came back to his people and they have started worshipping the golden calf when he was gone, Haroon alayhi assalaam said to Mosa his brother, "do not take me by the beard" because he saw Mosa was angry at his people for this idolworship and he feared Mosa would hold him responisble, now if the beard is such an epitome of faith then why is the only reference to it in the koran like this? 

They wear a beard thinking that is what makes them right but they will come to know.

free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 12:48pm

Please do not take what I have said the wrong way (as community has done); for my response has nothing to do with the length of your beard brother. I would greet a Muslim at a Masjid if he wore a beard or not, and that greeting would not include looking in a scornful manner at them if they choose not to wear a beard.

Rather what I have done when interpreting your dream is look at the bigger picture, your beard (in your life now, and in your dream) represents your Islamic practice (as a pose to simply a beard), for your have begun growing it as a part of that practice, have you not?

So please do not become hung up on the length of your beard due to anything I have said, for mine interpretation of your dream was strictly referring to the fundamental - Five Pillars of Islam. I am assuming you are relatively new to Islam? If so, I would advise that it would be wise to concentrate on those fundamentals, and trust that Allah {SWT} will guide you aright in the �lesser� aspects of Islam.

And All praise are due to Allah.

antony       

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic