IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christianity Vs Judaism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christianity Vs Judaism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christianity Vs Judaism
    Posted: 17 April 2005 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

...No, thanks! let me remain fool and unwise (atleast a door open to improve upon myself).

There is no copulsion in religion - at least in Islam.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Shams Zaman Shams Zaman wrote:

Dear Ahmed Joya

Sorry for the late reply. Well dear we all use different logics and different assumptions for various things. Christians have thier own, Muslima their own and Jews have their own. Its not always that your logic matches with the other. Similarly we may share the same religion but use different logic. For me the Shbbahas(RA) are equally authentic but a degree lesser to the Prophet's Hadiths. The Haduth did not came from the Angel Gabrail but from the Sahabbah so if you do not consider their quote as authentic perhaps the Hadith will also become un-authentic. Similarly if some scientific fact goes against your faith or logic you certainly will refute it. I disagree with the Darwin theory regardless of the point whether science consider it to be worthwile or not. Regarding the question of whether we are heading towards the end of this world or net or not you can just type Signs of Dooms day in your search engine and you will see what the Holy Prophet has fortold us in this regard. I am sure you will reach the right conclusion. Give me some time and I will translate it on a document to send it to you (Insha Allah). If I lived till that time.

Shams Zaman      Pakistan   ; ; [email protected]

Kindly let me know if I am wrong in any of my observations about your article. I have raised specific objections in your references on which you based your conclusion and would like to know your specific responses on them.

This is exactly what I meant from my comments that you also seem to agree with me but with different wording. Your quote "For me the Shbbahas(RA) are equally authentic but a degree lesser to the Prophet's Hadiths." However, I also gave the reason for this that Sahaba didn't claim to have the divine revelations that they could relate matters concerning to the creation of adam or "who ruled earth before adam". This kind of knowledge is exclusively from prophet Mohammad or Quran. There is nothing deregoratory about Sahaba in it. So unless it is a hadith of Prophet Mohammad that any Sahaba is referencing from, though I would not dare to say that the Sahaba is wrong, but to say that the hadith might be "weak". Hope this would clear up any misconceptions about me, if you had any. Hope to hear more constructive reply on my previous questions than invoking new ones. May Allah help us all. Regards

Your brother.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Let me introduce you to the 'Reality Channel - Knowledge is for the seeker - but wisdom is a God-given gift - Since you pretend to got both of them - Let me the first one to congratulate you.

No, thanks! let me remain fool and unwise (atleast a door open to improve upon myself).

As for your 'vision' of 'Terrorists, innocent Israelis, and the good Jews' - let some practicing Jew bring you out of your great perspective of Palestinian situation - No other than some Rabbis.

http://www.nkusa.org/index.cfm 

Your link seems to support my stance more than ever. Think, if any of these Rabbis happen to converse with you on this forum, how would you deal with him?

And once you finish listening to them - do yourself a favour by not believing everything CNN or Saudis propagandist tell you.

Got it. But, I think I am already under the debt of your knowledge about them.  

Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 2:19pm

Dear Ahmed Joya

Sorry for the late reply. Well dear we all use different logics and different assumptions for various things. Christians have thier own, Muslima their own and Jews have their own. Its not always that your logic matches with the other. Similarly we may share the same religion but use different logic. For me the Shbbahas(RA) are equally authentic but a degree lesser to the Prophet's Hadiths. The Haduth did not came from the Angel Gabrail but from the Sahabbah so if you do not consider their quote as authentic perhaps the Hadith will also become un-authentic. Similarly if some scientific fact goes against your faith or logic you certainly will refute it. I disagree with the Darwin theory regardless of the point whether science consider it to be worthwile or not. Regarding the question of whether we are heading towards the end of this world or net or not you can just type Signs of Dooms day in your search engine and you will see what the Holy Prophet has fortold us in this regard. I am sure you will reach the right conclusion. Give me some time and I will translate it on a document to send it to you (Insha Allah). If I lived till that time.

Shams Zaman      Pakistan   ; [email protected]

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:30pm

.... Knowledge without wisdom is useless; and in that sense, use your knowledge wisely. With your argumentive based knowlegde you may win over a debate but may not the "hearts". Think what is more important and decide for your own self. May Allah bless us all. Amen....

Let me introduce you to the 'Reality Channel - Knowledge is for the seeker - but wisdom is a God-given gift - Since you pretend to got both of them - Let me the first one to congratulate you.

As for your 'vision' of 'Terrorists, innocent Israelis, and the good Jews' - let some practicing Jew bring you out of your great perspective of Palestinian situation - No other than some Rabbis.

http://www.nkusa.org/index.cfm 

And once you finish listening to them - do yourself a favour by not believing everything CNN or Saudis propagandist tell you.

Know your enemy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:25pm

Dear Bro Rehmat,

Probably you are too far streching my opinion to make a case of "might" vs "morality". That was not my intentions. All I am trying to convey is to filter out the typical styreotype allegations against Jews as Jewish religion and treat them same as people living in a state which has a terrorist ideology for the expansion of their territorial land or as I called them "terrorist state". If we happen to  talk to some individuals in that state, we should be carefull not to list that individual as extremist or terrorist based on our image about that state. What applies to their state is not necessarily be true while dealing with the individuals in that state. I hope I have cleared myself. I feel that we should develop a sense of mutual respect for each other once we are talking to each other at an individual's level. Try to listen to their arguments and similarly convey them our own views about them. The first thing is to learn about the individual's own belief and faith and then talk to them about their idea of state actions. Asking more and "listen" than "saying" is the best rule that I have found with my own little experience. And if they happen to accede to your view, then instead of discouraging them by calling them .......(names)..its better to rather encourage them for their moral ethics to accept the basic norms of morality. This way we all shall be able to create more harmony among us than discord. One personal suggestion for you brother (if you like it then take it but if you don't then simply ignore it that it never existed). Knowledge without wisdom is useless; and in that sense, use your knowledge wisely. With your argumentive based knowlegde you may win over a debate but may not the "hearts". Think what is more important and decide for your own self. May Allah bless us all. Amen.

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 10:03am

....However, this may not necessarily be applied to the people (the individuals) living in it since long time (at least 50 years now); as we know that the children of initial settlers....

You mean you believe in might is right and not morality.

If settlers children lived for 50 years - What would you say about the Arab Muslim and Christian children who lived in the same land for 1300 year before these European settler invaded?

Was not the same logic the Christian missionaries used when they gave 'Fatwas' to European settlers to practice ethnic-cleansing of Native Americans - which resulted in massacre of 100-180 million people?

Oh, one thing more to support your theory - When the survival of Israel is inquestion - Jewish morality doesn't come into the picture - David Gurion.

Know your enemy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:01am
I don't disagree with your analysis for the evil designs of state of Israel. However, this may not necessarily be applied to the people (the individuals) living in it since long time (at least 50 years now); as we know that the children of initial settlers may not be called the settlers themselves. Hence may not be grouped together in the same basket, in general. However, I do take your statistics a grave concern and may term it a "Terrorist state" than "terrorist people". 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic