IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how do you disprove god?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how do you disprove god?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2015 at 10:21am
good response chris,
I agree with your swan example, and relent that the dawn aspect is a prediction, not an explanation. That would be more of a why does the tide come in and go out...well it's because of allah. That's easily disprovable, because we can test for it ,and observe and see that's not the case. In fact there's an explanation that doesn't require allah, and it's a lot more simple, then a magic being that's infinite, and no one can see or test for. But nonetheless, I will maintain, that there is a way to prove it. There is a method. Therein is what I'm pointing out. That there is no method of proving allah exists. In that, Allah, is no different from a pink unicorn.

As far as humanity is concerned, there is only one method we have come up with, that has a high degree of success, in finding the truth. That is.....the scientific method. There is nothing that has created as much knowledge of what the truth is, other then that. If you say Islam, or christianity, or hinduism is the truth...that's BS. And i'm gonna call every muslim on this board out on that. What does islam have to say about gravity?, or sonic booms? or the speed of light? absolutely nothing. Islam is worthless as a path to truth. Because it has never explained anything. It makes up stuff, and provides no proof for it.

As for evolution, its actually really easy to disprove. You just need to find a new specie, that has no genetic commonality with anything in existence. That would show that evolution is false, and that complex organisms can just come into existence without pre-existing species. Unfortunately....that not the reality. Every thing has a gentic commonalities with everything else.

Omer
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by omer omer wrote:

That would be more of a why does the tide come in and go out...well it's because of allah. That's easily disprovable, because we can test for it ,and observe and see that's not the case. In fact there's an explanation that doesn't require allah, and it's a lot more simple, then a magic being that's infinite, and no one can see or test for.

Yes, the "I have no need of that hypothesis" line.
But that's no disproof of a deity, only the disproof of a *necessity* of a deity.
Occam's razor is a thing of likelihoods, not certainties.

Quote ..That there is no method of proving allah exists. In that, Allah, is no different from a pink unicorn.

I agree with that, but it's difficult if not impossible to bring that to anyone who already include divine revelation within their epistemology.

That the uncertainty lies in that the *human* assessment of a particular message as divine (and hence inerrant, unquestionable) seems often to be skipped over somehow.

As far as humanity is concerned, there is only one method we have come up with, that has a high degree of success, in finding the truth. That is.....the scientific method. There is nothing that has created as much knowledge of what the truth is, other then that.

Even if that truth is partial or approximate, to a good degree we know *how* partial and approximate. And it keeps getting tested and refined, something just not present in most faith systems.
This, I hold against them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic