IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Finger of Glorification.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finger of Glorification.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finger of Glorification.
    Posted: 29 November 2014 at 11:57am
Assalam alaikum,
 In his "Shajarat 'l-Kawn", Sidi Muhiyiddin Ibn Arabi, may Allah be Merciful to him, said: "Verily Adam, peace be upon him,when the light of our Master Muhammadu, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, was created and placed in his forehead, the Angels were facing him, sending blessings and peace upon the light of Muhammad, peace be upon him, (as Allah Ta'ala says: 'Verily Allah and His Angels send blessings upon the Prophet...').
 Adam, peace be upon him, could not see it, so he said: 'O Lord, I would love to gaze upon the Light of my son Muhammad, peace be upon him. So transfer it to a limb from among my limbs so that I can see it.' Thus, he transferred it to the index finger of his right hand. He then gazed upon this light shining in his forefinger (misbahta).

He then lifted it and said: 'I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah'. It is for this reason that the index finger is called forefinger (misbahta), which means the finger of Glorification.

Edited by Abu Fauzi - 29 November 2014 at 12:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic