IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sins  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premed96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sins
    Posted: 13 December 2005 at 12:00pm
Salaam by brothers and sisters;

I am wondering if I can get some advice for a friend. He is not feeling very well. He wants to stop sinning and ask for forgiveness. He is muslim and wants to start just praying, is there anything else that he can do? Any special prayers? Should he start fasting?
He is a very good person, but the devil has a great influence on him, and I want to help him.

Your responce is appreciated.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 12:07pm

Not lose hope in the mercy of Allah, He has power over everything, Allah can turn sins into good deeds in the hereafter[quran], fear Allah and better yourself, follow up a sin with a good deed.

And most importantly know that the shaitaan tries to make people ungrateful/unthankful to Allah, Shaitaan only does what he does(whisper and deceive) by the power of Allah (as he said "by Your power i will deceive them all except Your sincerely devoted servants") so be thankful and do a mending work(better yourself and the world around you)

Edited by Community
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 2:32pm

bismillah irrahman irrahim

assalamu alaikum

Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that Allah (swt) will forgive sins even if they were enough to fill the space between heaven and earth and know that if the whole human kind gathers to sin still it would not fill the space between heaven and earth

Only one thing to remind this brother that intention must be clear inshaAllah and only for sake of our lord, knowing the fact that our lord is close to us than our own selves and knows our deepest and darkest secrets but still we are been told that Allah swt loves us 70 times more than our mother and in another place that Allah swt has so much love for his ungrateful servant that if person feels it, it would be enough to burst his heart so imagine about the person who is striving in his way. So subhanAllah all we need to do is take the first step, our lord says in a hadith qudsi,  I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

Another thing inshaAllah read Quran try to read it with tafsir from tafsir.com, learn about our dear prophet and inshaAllah the change will surprise the brother himself inshaAllah

Wassalam

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 3:39pm

Allah sent down the koran in the clear arabic tongue, no need for tafsir(explanation) from people. Interpertations of the koran are enough explanation already(and the mistakes in translating because of reliance on tafsir by the interperters might be enough harm already)

Let us not urge people to seek guidance from others then Allah shall we?

Edited by Community
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:26am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

the word Tafsir reffers to the Mulsim understanding of the Quran done by Islams scholars peoples opinion is called ra'i, unless you are actualy reffering to the tafsir of the scholars at which point i would call your comments extremely ignorant and un islamic please get your terminology right.

And if by some twisted meaning you actualy mean the words of our prophet i would give you your first wraning on this forum.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:47am
Community - I was under the impression that only a prophet could
commnicate with God and not have Shaitan interfere. You seem to believe
that this is not true, and that even education is not required.

You seem knowledgeable and I doubt this is what you meant but that is how
it sounds from my side. Perhaps you could expound on your point?
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
abdulraheem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulraheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 3:30am

Premed,

May Allah swt forgive ur friends sins, if ur friend truly pray for forgiveness (Tauba) and keeps in mind that he will never again repeat those sins Allah will Inshallah forgive him.

Keep in mind that  Allah is  "Rahman and Raheem". These words  define the mercy of Allah.

Allah Hafiz.

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 5:02am

Wa Alaikum Salam

I would like to add a few points for your friend Premed.

His repentance must be sincere.

He should resolve not to commit them again. (meaning resolve not to miss a prayer again � if he does due to unforeseen circumstances - that is okay as long as it was not due to negligence or laziness.)

He should increase voluntary actions (praying Nawafil � voluntary prayers -Salah)

He should do a lot of good deeds whenever an opportunity presents itself. (even a smile is considered a good deed)

Keeping good companions - choose those who are following the teaching according to the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah. One seldom goes astray if his close buddies are on the straight path.

And Remember always that although Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the Most Merciful, Most Gracious His punishment is also severe.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide the Ummah and protect us from the evils within ourselves.Ameen

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic