IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sins  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sins
    Posted: 16 December 2005 at 9:30am

You want to be like a child then i will treat you as a child, your comments are not relevant to this thread so i urge you to take it somewhere else.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 9:08am

Salam

Brother Community, please, I beseech you to start another thread.  Your comments are not relevant to this thread topic.  I so want to make comments on what you are saying but out of respect for Brother Premed96, I feel this is not right�

Can�t a moderator do something about this flagrant violation of the forum rules?????

PAZ

Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 8:37am

Bad scholars or good scholars, i will work to end the whole trial by leaving nothing except the koran. whoever wishes to take away to his Lord may do, i am completely done with the trials that come from the hands of these scholars, to be misinterperted by people and used in some perverse way. Had it only been the koran and no other religious books alot of injustice would not exist because the koran would be taken as a base of judgement without these perverse attempts to chain the koran up through taking the words idolized scholars over the words of Allah.

The word of Allah is not allowed to be interperted by anyone, and it is allowed to be interperted by everyone. But the words of scholars have no legitimacy of being written down,  "hadeeth" is arabic for a spoken narration, it was never ment to be written down in the first place since the prophet ordered the burning of all sayings when he heard them being written down, let alone the works of those after him no matter how much people idolize them. The reason why is self evident for those who have two eyes.

Edited by Community
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

Listen, i am prepared to stand by what i say and prove anyone wrong who believes i am wrong.

And what if you are wrong ? will you accept? I am not.

It seems to be that you don't accept rami's point of veiw but clearly mark him wrong. How is he wrong ?

He believes you need others with claims that the prophet said things which can never be proven since he is not with us, and that we need scholars to explain the koran for us, basically he commands people to put others between them and Allah. And he even dares to call those who do not accept this as not being upon the way of the prophet or the rightly guided. And this insolence needs to end.

Do you think you can explain this, please ? I understand the first part before the comma, but the sword bit I'm lost (and i guess that its not literally a phyically sword   well I hope its not  

If he is not a coward by preaching what he is not prepared to die for then it is a physical sword. The tradition of the prophet is fighting with the sword, and i wish to bring the sunnah back to this sick ummah.

[/QUOTE]
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 8:26am

Assalamu Alaikum

Brothers Community and Rami, it appears to me that you have completely derailed poor Brother Premed96�s thread when he came to us with a noble request for information to help his Muslim friend whom is living in sin.  I strongly beseech you to start another thread on the issue of scholarly works and their relevance to Islam.  First, doing so will allow Brother Premed96 to, Inshallah, received the advice he truly desires to receive without the added stress you two have added to this thread.  Second, a separate thread will make room for other to feel free to add to it.  I for one have some input; however, I believe it is unfair to Brother Premed96 to add it here thereby taking the focus off his request for help.  With that said�

Brother Premed96, Jazak Allah Khair for the love, caring and concern you have for your brother Muslim.  Inshallah you will be guided to help you friend in ways that with comfort him.  Ameen.  It is true that only Allah can bring about change in us and that is why we seek out his guidance, mercy and forgiveness and why we give all praise to Him. Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen.

One of the things that I try to keep in mind is that Allah tells us in the Qur�an that He is Merciful and Oft-Forgiving so we should seek Him often and ask forgiveness regularly.  However, He also tells us that once we have asked Him for forgiveness, we should not have doubts or worries regarding His forgiveness.  In other words, we should not dwell in the past and live in shame once we have truly asked Him for forgiveness.  Reading this in the Qur�an was such a vital part of my growing faith and deen in Islam.  Since I was by no means a spring chick when I reverted to Islam this year, I had a world of weight on my shoulders before I took my Shahadah regarding the life I had lived, but Allah washed me clean once I did my Shahadah.  Allah gave me a glorious gift when I entered Islam and I know that to then go back and feel shame over what He has so graciously forgiven me for is an insult to His Mercy and Forgiveness.  Feeling shame when we have sinned is a form of haya (Islamic shyness), it pushes us to ask for forgiveness; however, to feel shame after we have sincerely asked Allah to forgive us is not haya but rather the work of Shaytan who is forever trying to find ways to keep us from accepting the Mercy of Allah Hafiz. 

I pray that your friend will be blessed with Islamic haya InshAllah.  Ameen.

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 6:38am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Community,

There are several people who do not understand the difference between the genuine ulema and ulema-e-soo, or the bad scholars. It seems you are also a victim of the same problem.

There are many Quranic translations and their tafsirs that are banned in Saudi Arabia - because it does not suit the authorites there. In the same way there may be many Quranic translations and tafsirs Printed from Saudi arabia that have the potential to mislead the readers.

If people misinterpret, misunderstand and miscommunicate any knowledge, it does not primarily mean we should reject the very system of understanding this deen through correct sources of that knowledge.  eg, if people have started misusing the sharia it does not mean the error is in the sharia. If people twist or misinterpret hadith or ayaat from the Quran does not mean we should discard these.

You and many others in this ummah want to discard all the scholars just because of many ulema-e-soo we have seen in almost all ages. Unfortunately, such people are missing on a huge treasure of knowledge that they can never arrive at - through self study - in a single lifetime.

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 5:42am

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

Listen, i am prepared to stand by what i say and prove anyone wrong who believes i am wrong.

And what if you are wrong ? will you accept?

It seems to be that you don't accept rami's point of veiw but clearly mark him wrong. How is he wrong ?

And how is it that you are right ?

And where is or did rami twist things? Because I didn't see any indiction.

Quote And the best way is the way of the prophet, the sword.

Do you think you can explain this, please ? I understand the first part before the comma, but the sword bit I'm lost (and i guess that its not literally a phyically sword   well I hope its not  )

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 4:35am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

This whole conversation bemuses me, at the end of the day inshaAllah all of us are trying to please our lord. so does any of us has an authority r certificate from Allah (swt) r our dear prophet Muhammad (saw) that makes us so arrogant that we know 100% that we r right n the others r on wrong?  even bcos of some knowledge that our lord has given us we think there is more evidence of us being right, then is this the way to propagate it? if u insult a person, make fun of them there is no chance in the world u make them listen n ponder over what u said.  at the end of the day our deen is not just about us alone being on the right way, it is our duty to spread the truth bcos it is right of our dear lord to be known and to be worshiped and this is not the way

Now coming to point community made about only following Quran and hadith, I for one strongly believe that these two sources are which u cannot deny, must and have to obey.  rest of the things u take from scholars n u say no to some.  Now Quran alhamdulillah Allah (swt) will keep it safe till the end of times, ahadith? how did we get them? through "scholars", so according to ur own theory they cant be trusted, so what do we do? I mean no point looking too far for implication, how do we know bout salah becos there is no ayah about how to perform salah, is there? so how do we perform it? 

just trying to make a point brother, these people went to alot of trouble to gain the knowledge, about hadith scholars it is said that they use to travel to c people who narrated the hadith to ask about the credibility of people n check every thing out. me and u and many other people in whom Allah (swt) put thirst of knowledge, we should know how it is, alhamdulillah I do it to please my lord, if some1 doubts my intention, it hurts (ok being less dramatic it feels bad) so how can we do something to others we dont wana take ourselves.

I am not sure how much u hav read tafsir ibn kathir but ayaat which need further explanation than meanings, one of most used ravi he talks about is ibn abbas.  I am sure u know that we should not judge any1 b4 knowing them n these people we know them through their work.  reading tafsir u get this immense feel of how much this person loves his lord, is in awe of his lord.  but at the end of the day if u dont wana trust them atleast dont say bad stuff about them. simple rule u cant say anything good r bad about a person u dont know much about. I pray from Allah for hadaya for all of us inshaAllah.  n please forgive me if u felt bad about anything i said.

wassalam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic