IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can i ask?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can i ask?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can i ask?
    Posted: 26 May 2009 at 10:12am
Also, Zina is not only the 'actual act' . . . it is of many levels, there is 'Zina' of eyes, hands, mind etc. Hence, reading such books would constitute Zina of the eyes etc. There are ahadith that say that the eyes commit adultery when they see something they are not supposed to see, etc.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Allah's Slave View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allah's Slave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 5:45pm
Ooh.. Thank you Allah Almighty.. And thnks to you to...
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 10:51am
1. These stories are acquired either by purchasing them or borrowing them. That is not permitted because it encourages those who print, publish and distribute them. Allah Almighty says, ��but do not help one another in sin and transgression�� (Al-Ma�idah :2)

2. These stories are obviously written by immoral people. Only promiscuous people who pay no attention to religion, morals or manners could conceive to write such things. Reading them is a means of propagating their deviant ways and evil customs among the people, whether it is their intention or not. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: �The likeness of a good companion and a bad one is that of the one who carries musk and the one who works the bellows. As for the one who carries musk, either he will give you some or you will buy some from him, or you will notice a nice odor from him. And as for the one who works the bellows, either he will burn your clothes or you will notice an unpleasant odor from him.� (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Imam Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar said: This hadith indicates that it is forbidden to sit with those whose company will harm your religious or worldly interests. (Fath al-Bari, 4/410)

3. These stories contain lies and exaggeration, and describe imaginary events which affect the reader in negative ways and also make each partner less content with the other.

4. There is no guarantee that these stories will not fall into the hands of children whose morals will be corrupted and who will be led astray or will think badly of their parents. Parents must keep in mind that they will bear the burden of their children�s sin when the child learns evil from them. There will surely come a time when regret will be of no avail.

For these reasons and others it is not permissible to read such stories. There is sufficiency in what is permissible so we have no need of that which is haram. What Allah has permitted gives sufficient pleasure, which Allah is pleased with and by means of which the individual and the society are protected from the spread of evil and immorality."

Source: www.islam-qa.com
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 9:24pm
if its like sex ed then its ok, thats waht i think

Edited by ak_m_f
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allah's Slave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 5:39pm
*...* maybe im just too small to get some attention.. but nvm.. let me just go straight.. is it haaraam to read story that tells about ppl having sex? It has no picture nor everything. Just words. Haaram or not?
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allah's Slave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 7:43pm
Can i ask something?

And whats the topic i should not ask about?

Im new in here. Pls give some advice.

May peace be upon of you all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic