IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Purdah and the Woman  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purdah and the Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purdah and the Woman
    Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:52am

I deleted couple of lines at the end of my post in this thread where I quoted a hadith, "Prophet ( peace be upon him ) told us to seek knowledge even if we had to go to China". I found out that the hadith was not authentic.

However, there are other authentic hadith on acquiring knowledge.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:46am
Rami, thank you for your understanding me. And you have been patient in replying to my anger and frustrations. All I think we women want is for you our brothers to speak out for us more. I don't care about being a modern woman in the western term and wearing sexy clothes and being at the top of the mans world in a big corperation which it the western idea of feminism. My idea of feminism is that every woman or girl gets and education, has the right to choose her husband, has the right to be treated with kidness and respect, has the right to decide whether it is good for her and her family to work or stay at home, and has the right to live in peace and safety without physical or emotional harm. These are very basic things that I think you would agree that all women deserve. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:39am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Sister alhamdulillah you have clarified your position but your original post was not clear, please take care in your wording of things.

i would also advise not believing every article you read espetialy written by people who have something against our faith they usualy are biased in there reporting of events.

i suspect the people of islamicity did not read the article carefully beffore posting but just posted it becouse of the title which seemed Islamic, allahu alam.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:26am
Rami, I said they are saying it is Sharia. The men who would pass these laws and call themselves sheiks say it is Sharia. Shouldn't they know more than me a convert that doesn't speak hardly a word of Arabic? So if they say it is Sharia, they beleive it is and that is the problem. And people that don't have as much knowledge don't know what to beleive. I then said that I don't think it is Sharia because I don't Think Allah would have wanted the opression of women so I don't beleive it to be true. However, the fact that some men use the name Sharia to make rude and archaic laws is true and people need to admit that  and do something about it. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:19am

And this is nothing but typical american gunhoe atitude, shoot your mouth of first ask questions later.

The article makes claims of these issues being recent, they are not i have heard this beffore a few years ago, word for word with the convert story.

Jenni you and others were the first to claim this is shariah then later you restricted your meaning of shariah and now you are saying it is not shariah.

I am outraged at the move by the Maylasian government to implement Sharia law that is interpreted by corrupt men to opress women.....Sharia usually means women get the worst treatment and thier rights are not protected.

Hence my reply to that post that your terminology is wrong.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 9:54am
Angela, thank you!! Somebody actually gets it! I wish Rami would too. It upsets me when people never accept resposibility for the wrongness done in the name of Islam. As an American I am allways ready to point out the many problems of this morally bankrupt society and also to point out the good things about America as well. People need to be realistic, not just defend thier Muslim brothers because they are Muslim. And when they are wronging someone, they should speak out against it!!peace
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 8:45am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

It is strictly prohibited in islam to touch the wealth of a women espetialy from a previous marriage or the dowry of the wife, so freezing her assets as such is a violation this.

Rami,

That is all fine and good.  But this is the exact wording of the article.

Since the 1980s, they say, women's position vis-�-vis Muslim men have gradually eroded. The latest is a new Islamic family law that makes divorce and polygamy easy and allows husbands to lay claim to the wife's properties, even to the extent of freezing the bank accounts of former spouses and their children.

Obviously, this is not Islamic law.  This is what Jenni is yelling about.  Shariah courts are enforcing laws that are UN-Islamic.  These are the Laws of Men, not the Laws of God.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 7:45pm

Herjihad

I thought i read in one of your posts something to the effect of the (shariah?) laws are wrong simply becouse they were developed by men, i cant find that comment so i have to assume i misread what you said. If that is the case i am sorry i said you hate men.

I have nothing to do with Islamicity site excpet for being a moderator, i am not a member so i dont know anything about the main site.

i found the article by doing a google search on the title she gave.

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=31637

i would not trust anything this article says. For starters the issues it raises and the examples it gives are not new even though a person would assume so reading this article.

It is strictly prohibited in islam to touch the wealth of a women espetialy from a previous marriage or the dowry of the wife, so freezing her assets as such is a violation this.

Edited by rami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic