IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fear of Hell?-soothing words that helps  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFear of Hell?-soothing words that helps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fear of Hell?-soothing words that helps
    Posted: 10 December 2005 at 12:47am

I am sure many inspite of struggling hard to be good,repenting of their sins,doing things religiously etc still undersgoes fear of hell and judgement.You might keep wondering whats next after death? or how to get assured to enter heaven with God.

Let me put before you some assuring verses said by Jesus christ regarding this that can help you overcome if you put your trust in him.if you read it slowly and allow the words of Jesus to move into your soul with understanding,then you can have the soothing effect of it that slowly can bring assurance to you.there is no debate here.Just that christ words soothes the soul.

do no read with a baised mind ,it dosent have any effect if read like that. so experience this beautiful journey now towards God now.

Come unto me all who are weary and burdened, I shall give you rest (Matt: 11:28).

Jesus said I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:2-3)

Jesus said I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies (John 11:25)

"If the Son (Jesus) sets you free, you will be actually free." (John 8:36)

Jesus said "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:28)

Jesus said �For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.(Jn 3:17)

Jesus said "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. .(Jn 5:24)

Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Jesus said �Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.. (Rev 3:20)-say yes to Christ the lord. .(John 3:16)

Edited by gospelmap
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 5:09am

Bismillah, (In the Name of the One, the Eternal God, who has no partners or sons),

Allah, SWT, will guide us and forgive us without one single other human being in between if he so chooses.  And although we refer to him as "he", he is neither male nor female. 

To worship Allah, SWT, we need only live a peaceful existence remembering that Allah, SWT, created everything and praising it as we go along with such words as BISMILLAH, Ma'ShahAllah -- With God's blessing and intervention, Al-Hamdulilah -- All praise and glory to Allah, AstagfirAllah -- The forgiveness of Allah. 

Allah, Praise and Glory to Him, has a hundred names we can call him on from the Quran, and a thousand others as well.  We call on our Forgiving Lord without a priest, sheikh, or friend if we don't have one. 

Allah, The Glorious beyond measure, listens and hears and responds to us, so we have no fear except fear called Taqwa, fear of displeasing someone we love so much and wish to please with all of our hearts.

Ameen.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
pauline35 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2005 at 8:25pm
Dear Gospelmap,

Did you know that I have tried many time to read the Christian bible but I still find no faith in it?
Maryga View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 1:32am

Gospel man wrote: Jesus said �For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.(Jn 3:17)

No Gospel man Jesus never said that. Why do you attribute a lie to Jesus? And why do you demean God? God is far above the  attributes of procreation which He has attributed to every living creature.  God was never begotten nor does He beget! He is the Eternal, the Absolute and none is like HIM!

Jesus said: 019.030 :He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

019.031 :"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

019.032 :"(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

019.033:"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

019.034 :Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

019.035 :It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

019.036:Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

gospelmap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Maryga Maryga wrote:

Gospel man wrote: Jesus said �For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.(Jn 3:17)

No Gospel man Jesus never said that. Why do you attribute a lie to Jesus? And why do you demean God? God is far above the  attributes of procreation which He has attributed to every living creature.  God was never begotten nor does He beget! He is the Eternal, the Absolute and none is like HIM!

Jesus said: 019.030 :He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

019.031 :"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

019.032 :"(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

019.033:"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

019.034 :Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

019.035 :It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

019.036:Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

Dear maryga

The above refrences given by me are from the bible and not from the quran. The bible is written by the disciples  of Jesus christ what they heard from him in the very first century.hence  the information of what Jesus said and did are more reliable than the quran which comes 600 years later after the events.its like me writing about muhammed in this century will be useless because the events have already passed.hence I suggest that you honestly look into the bible which is inspired by the spirit of God through the disciples and you will find forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven and the greatest assurance in Jesus christ.amen

gospelmap View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 6:44am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Dear Gospelmap,

Did you know that I have tried many time to read the Christian bible but I still find no faith in it?

Dear pauline

I understand your struggle to belive something which you might have not properly understood.If you have any questions do write to me so that I will try to calrify it.Just want to say that Jesus loves you and he alone can save you from the result of sin and judgement to eternal life with God in heaven.

AhmedNagi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 7:26am

Al Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Baraaktuh

Dear Gospelmap,

I suggest you read the Quran too. You will find a lot of reassurance in it. It is a flawless book that is a miracle in itself. I don't mean to sound argumentative, but my honest opinion is that i should follow a flawless book that claims to be the word of God than a book carrying many contradictions in it making the same claim; because I believe God does not err.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2005 at 8:54am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Gospelmap, the bible can not be atributed to jesus as no link exists from the bible to him only the claim of the bible it self which is carbon dated to 400 years after christ.

further the word trinity does not exist in the bible, you will not find it anywhere some versions of the bible have added it in but at a much later date when this concept was first introduced into christianity.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic