IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To wear hijab or not? I am scared.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To wear hijab or not? I am scared.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeekilicious18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To wear hijab or not? I am scared.
    Posted: 04 November 2014 at 11:57pm
Hi. I have graduated high school and diploma course (like IB, AS/A levels but I'm done with BTEC HND). I am now doing teacher training short course teaching English that requires to travel to teach. And I love praying. I have never missed a prayer in my life.

I am just a 20 years old who's exploring life. Literally, even my mum is letting me stay independently back at my home town while my family is living abroad to give them trust that I could travel on my own for teaching. Yeah, we've migrated but since I've done with my school, I could come back to my hometown to learn how to earn my living.

My family is seeing that I am living a whole new senario and I am blessed that my relatives are offering to support me if there's any help needed. It take guts to make a change. I am half way to fully grown. So here's the thing, since I love praying and teaching English requires travel, not every country has a private surau everywhere. It's like you know, I feel like I wanna wear hijab when i started teaching when I'm 22. So, if not every country has a private surau, I could feel like I went to the mosque happy.

In my hometown, I went to pray at a tourist mosque without wearing hijab, which is alright I guess, I'm not sure if it's important to wear hijab to a mosque. But I need to pray. Again, I travel and not all countries have private surau, I just want to be happy entering a mosque wearing hijab.

But I just feel insecure wearing it. I am not 100% surrounded with muslims friends ALL the time. *sigh* I don't know, to wear it or not to wear it.

Besides, being an English teacher needs to be casual. And I have baby face. I also feel like when I wear hijab makes me feel and look mature. Friends say I am 20 but I look like 12-16. I am so confuse.

I mean is it really wajib to wear hijab? Growing up is so hard and it's only been 2 months living alone and I'm already missing my mother and do we really have to live alone in the future cause there's times I wanna be in my mother's armpit forever, as embarrassing as it sounds.

I miss going to middle and high school, it was so much fun back then. Adulthood has so many responsibilities, it's almost I'm emotionally drained.
borong View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 10:33pm
Wear without any fear... u will be among those who follow Allah order
borong View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 10:35pm
Wearing hijab is compulsory for a Muslimah so there should not be any doubt to wear or not wearing Hijab
yuniisan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuniisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 7:41am
Its wajib to wears hijab. A hadist says if u dont wears ur hijab for a walk out of ur house,its same as u guide ur father,brother and ur husband to the hell :'( how scare it is..naudzubillah,
May allah gives u a hidayah

Edited by yuniisan - 23 February 2015 at 7:42am
mami View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2015 at 8:36am
assalammualaikum sister,
A young relative asked me the same question. And I said: do it for the sake of ALLAH, as ALLAH SWT request that women be covered and not showing off her beauty.
I also told her, to obey ALLAH is not just about wearing the scarf, is also about the dress code as a whole, e.g. no short blouse and tight pants, and to have a beautiful character as well.
Many Muslimah dress according to place and function, eg. simple colours/style when at work, and colourful when going outings, etc. If you are not very busty, you can wear scarf short, and if no big buts you can wear shorter blouse.
Always be grateful that you know and have the true faith, carry it with confidence. Many women in America and Europe get a glimpse of peace from other Muslimah, that they lack,until they learn and revert to Islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic