IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Misunderstandings regarding islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Misunderstandings regarding islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarjeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misunderstandings regarding islam
    Posted: 09 October 2014 at 2:13pm
Assalamoallaikum

This is sarjeel an engineering student and i am a newbie here. The main aim of my life is to remove all the misconceptions of islam which is coming into mind of non-muslims. So please pray for me so that i could accomplish whole of my task. coming to the point..
One of my non-muslim friend ask me...Was islam spread by the sword?

Can anyone clearify this statement????
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2014 at 11:11pm
Walecum As Salaam brother, islam is not spread by sword, after demise of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ), the companions migrate to different parts of world and the people there were so amazed to see their bbehaviour such as being polite, calm, helping others, not doing backbiting, nor staring at non permissible women, fair business etc,these qualities laid them to accept islam, Allah clearly forbids compulsion in religion in ch 2 v 256 of Quran.people don't represent islam, Quran and authentic teachings of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) represent Islam.

Edited by NABA - 09 October 2014 at 11:12pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 6:51am
Wa Alaikum Asalaam

There is proof that Islam was not spread by the sword. The proof is the millions of Christians living in places like Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan etc.
If Islam was spread by the sword then there will not be any Christians in these lands.
La Ilaha IllAllah
sarjeel View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarjeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 1:28pm
Jazaak allah khair.. Naba I am really impressed!!!!Smile
Well this man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOls9r_ITc is also said like you...

Plz clarify this statement too "Are women allowed in the mosque???"

Edited by sarjeel - 10 October 2014 at 1:35pm
sarjeel View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarjeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 5:10am
Assalamuallaikum..
Well i got my answer from this website http://infoadda.byethost11.com/was-islam-spread-by-the-sword/ about "Was islam spread by the sword" in more described way...

Edited by sarjeel - 14 October 2014 at 5:11am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 11:11pm
4 months ago Alhamdulillah I went with my family for umrah, the two topmost mosques Masjid Al Haram in mecca and prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) mosque in Madina, there were seperate arrangements for men and women to offer salaah, so these two blessed mosques allow women to enter how other mosques can stop women from entering.
sarjeel View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarjeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 12:23pm
Alhumdulillah.......... Thanks a lot NABA..........Clap
MarlaJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarlaJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 3:54am
Naba
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic