IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Misunderstandings regarding islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Misunderstandings regarding islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robman32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2015 at 1:14pm
Hi,
I can help you here as I am a Christian considering becoming a Muslim.
My parents hate Muslims and think very low opinions of Islam, but to be honest, that's the media for you in the UK.
Neither of them have ever spoken to a Muslim in a friendly way, just polite in public if they have to speak so they look normal.
I think of us all as equal, and it makes me feel sick how people can judge so fast and compare normal Muslims to terrorists that make up probably 1% or less of all Muslims.
Its just unjust in my opinion.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 11:38am
To know islam read Quran, Allah in ch 5 v 32 of Quran says if you kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if you have killed whole humanity if you save an innocent human being means as if you have saved whole humanity.Allah in ch 28 v 83 of Quran says Allah will grant home of hereafter only to those who don't want mischief in the land.Allah in ch 49 v 13 of Quran says Allah created mankind from a couple and divided into different regions and colours so that we can recognise each other n love not hatred, the best amongst you is the one who posess righteousness.
Samuel View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 1:06am
I would like to help you deal with the question of Islam spread by the sword but maybe you are looking for help on the wrong forum as i tried to show you some information that was valid to the point and accurate but showed there can be a clear case for this or at least the admission that a lot of islams success is clearly linked to military success with all that entails and that the roots of this military helped spread can be found in the Quran itself for those that want to read it. I also advised you to read widely not just those sites that agree with you but also those that don't so you can get a properly valid opinion and learn to debate with those that disagree with you properly, BUT the post never made it. A one sided forum where honest answering if not the in back clapping and agreed line not allowed does not seem a real forum for learning but rather a propaganda spreading agent. I also found a question of mine being ignored after several attempts to brush it away with responses that never actually answered it and now that I have dealt with the brush offs and reiterated the question its gone dead too. I will have to find my answers on a forum that actually wants to discuss issues openly and honestly and encourages learning through true debate.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 5:38pm
Salam,
Islam came to Indonesia and Malaysia that the most populous Muslim country in the world with not sword or blood at all.
Many local tradition still intact till now, many budhis temple and hindhu temple still intact till now.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Samuel Samuel wrote:

I would like to help you deal with the question of Islam spread by the sword but maybe you are looking for help on the wrong forum as i tried to show you some information that was valid to the point and accurate but showed there can be a clear case for this or at least the admission that a lot of islams success is clearly linked to military success with all that entails and that the roots of this military helped spread can be found in the Quran itself for those that want to read it.

Fighting for the survival of a fragile and nacent Muslim community can't be taken has hostile policy to spread the message.

I also advised you to read widely not just those sites that agree with you but also those that don't so you can get a properly valid opinion and learn to debate with those that disagree with you properly, BUT the post never made it.

I am really sorry, I also can't help it if it doesn't appear on the forum!

A one sided forum where honest answering if not the in back clapping and agreed line not allowed does not seem a real forum for learning but rather a propaganda spreading agent. I also found a question of mine being ignored after several attempts to brush it away with responses that never actually answered it and now that I have dealt with the brush offs and reiterated the question its gone dead too. I will have to find my answers on a forum that actually wants to discuss issues openly and honestly and encourages learning through true debate.
I am really, I don't get a bit about your argument here. Can you be little more precise and clear. Thanks and best regards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic