IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can a non-muslim be the Mahdi?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can a non-muslim be the Mahdi?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Optimal Unity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimal Unity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Optimal unity y u blame islam for crimes??to know islam read Quran, Allah in ch 5 v 32 of Quran says if you kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if you have killed whole humanity if you save an innocent human being means as if you have saved whole humanity.Prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) was illiterate so how he could read books???
Please do not take offence I do not blame Islam for anything I don't blame Christians, Buddhist or the rest of this sick humanity.

All I am doing is pointing out that you can not be expecting the Mahdi or Christ to anoint the way of life that has resulted in what we see today, it must All change.

Correct Muhammad could not read the books yet he paid respect to them when he did not understand them he included the works in the Qur'an to please some of his tribes, when those stories are corrupt, they are mystical, do you really believe the snake (serpent) spoke to eve?

All I am trying to do is show you reasons why the real Mahdi will not be in favour of any one existing religion, a NEW way of LIFE which is the essence of Islam will need to be created and all secrets need to be revealed.

We can not move towards this with Jihadist who do not understand that the real Jihad is the one you have within yourself in your communication with Allah and his creation.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 3:38am
Optimal unity y u blame islam for crimes??to know islam read Quran, Allah in ch 5 v 32 of Quran says if you kill a human being unless for murder or for mischief in the land means as if you have killed whole humanity if you save an innocent human being means as if you have saved whole humanity.Prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) was illiterate so how he could read books???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimal Unity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by kodoo kodoo wrote:

Salam.

Welcome to the forum. I khope you like it here.

And sorry that I skimmed the post as it had few sources recorded in Islam (Holy Quran and sunni-shia hadith narrations). But, yes, as you said, people of all religions and faiths expect the saviour of the mankind.

Please see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWRBV19W1k

And I need to add that there, Muslims (except the Wahabi sect) believe in Imam Mahdi. Sunnis, shiites, sufis, etc. all believe in him. Because Prophetic narrations-prophecies regarding the 12 Imams/Leaders, the last of which being the Mahdi, is recorded in both sunni and shia hadith books. The difference is that shia and sufi Muslims have the names for twelve Imams and believe that the twelfth Imam; Mahdi, already came but is in occultation (he will reappear), whereas sunnis don't have any names for 12 Imams sadly, they don't know their Imams.

And I believe in 12 Imams, and accept the names that sufis and shias have, well the first eight of them. And I read their sayings in books such as, "Tuhaf al Uqoul". I suggest it.

But I don't believe in occultation. And I believe in Imam Mahdi appearing in the last age.

In any case, about the main question of the thread, I need to say that, I believe a non-Muslim can't be the Mahdi (guide of the nations).

Because, if a person believes in God, Prophethood (including its seal, Muhammad pbuh&hp) and Hereafter, he is a Muslim.

And, it is impossible that, God, whose decrees are logical, sends someone as a leader and guide to his servants and later sends someone else as the Mahdi (Mahdi means guide btw) who does not accept the previous guide(s). Thus, Imam Mahdi (peace be upon him) can't be among the people who do not accept the previous guides, such as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny). Thus, he can't be a non-Muslim; Jewish, Christian or anything. And he can't be a Muslim who does not accept the previous 11 Imams either.

I hope I make sense.

However, we can't say that, a person belonging a faith can't be the saviour of all faiths.

Lastly, Jesus and Mahdi are two different characters/movements which we believe, when they reappear, will act in harmony to establish peace and justice on earth.

Please listen to this real Christian brother:

http://www.nasrtv.com/modules/video/singlefile.php?cid=13&lid=8178

Welcome again to the forums. ma salam
Salam, thank you for the welcome and your discussion points...

Indeed I have seen the video and I am well versed in the foundational beliefs of Islam, however I do not get bogged down in the details, this is not a time where details mean as much as when Muhammad (pbuh) was stating them, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism are religions far removed from being close to the truth of Allah/God.

What I like to do when I see a difficult question like the one I presented is put my self in the shoes of th Mahdi even God at times and ask if I was the Mahdi what would I do and how would I see the World I was here to guide.

Would I condemn all the Christians?

Would I condemn all the Buddhists?

Would I condemn all the Hindus?

Would I condemn all the Zoroastrians?

Is only one of my religions the truth, why did I bother creating all of these religions if only one was the truth.

Now Muslims say we are the last we have the last Prophet who showed us the right path. Then why is Islam going against the path, why all the terror, killings, beheading and injustices to each other. No! There is something wrong with wanting to be right.

I would go as far as to say the greatest sin in this time is the ignorant desire to want to be right before God and his creation.

Muhammad (pbuh) came to unite the tribes and issue instruction, why would the Mahdi be any different, do you think he should take the same path as Muhammad (pbuh) certainly the need to unite humanity and provide guidance on how to reconcile this mess we are in would be part of his direction, but why would he tell 5 Billion people you were all wrong and all Muslims are right, that is definitely what is not going to happen, in fact all of humanity is wrong, as we would not be in the mess we are in otherwise.

That does not mean that the directions of Muhammad are not valid, it just means that Muhammad anointed all the holy books but did not understand them, you can not use the Torah and the Gospels without knowing their meaning.

I would go as far as to say you cannot truly submit to God until you state I believe in the one true God and Muhammad is his messenger. I believe in all the prophets and Christ the saviour.

So you see you can be the Mahdi and not be Muslim, being a Muslim is not by name or saying it is by the truth in your heart to recognise God and his will.

Thank you again for the welcome, I hope I can add to the conversation here...
kodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2014 at 3:45am
Salam.

Welcome to the forum. I khope you like it here.

And sorry that I skimmed the post as it had few sources recorded in Islam (Holy Quran and sunni-shia hadith narrations). But, yes, as you said, people of all religions and faiths expect the saviour of the mankind.

Please see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWRBV19W1k

And I need to add that there, Muslims (except the Wahabi sect) believe in Imam Mahdi. Sunnis, shiites, sufis, etc. all believe in him. Because Prophetic narrations-prophecies regarding the 12 Imams/Leaders, the last of which being the Mahdi, is recorded in both sunni and shia hadith books. The difference is that shia and sufi Muslims have the names for twelve Imams and believe that the twelfth Imam; Mahdi, already came but is in occultation (he will reappear), whereas sunnis don't have any names for 12 Imams sadly, they don't know their Imams.

And I believe in 12 Imams, and accept the names that sufis and shias have, well the first eight of them. And I read their sayings in books such as, "Tuhaf al Uqoul". I suggest it.

But I don't believe in occultation. And I believe in Imam Mahdi appearing in the last age.

In any case, about the main question of the thread, I need to say that, I believe a non-Muslim can't be the Mahdi (guide of the nations).

Because, if a person believes in God, Prophethood (including its seal, Muhammad pbuh&hp) and Hereafter, he is a Muslim.

And, it is impossible that, God, whose decrees are logical, sends someone as a leader and guide to his servants and later sends someone else as the Mahdi (Mahdi means guide btw) who does not accept the previous guide(s). Thus, Imam Mahdi (peace be upon him) can't be among the people who do not accept the previous guides, such as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny). Thus, he can't be a non-Muslim; Jewish, Christian or anything. And he can't be a Muslim who does not accept the previous 11 Imams either.

I hope I make sense.

However, we can't say that, a person belonging a faith can't be the saviour of all faiths.

Lastly, Jesus and Mahdi are two different characters/movements which we believe, when they reappear, will act in harmony to establish peace and justice on earth.

Please listen to this real Christian brother:

http://www.nasrtv.com/modules/video/singlefile.php?cid=13&lid=8178

Welcome again to the forums. ma salam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimal Unity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Jesus Christ (pbuh) will come back but not as prophet as an ummati under prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh), because Allah in Quran in ch 33 v 40 says that prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) is not your father but he is khitabun Nabee which means last prophet, so Jesus Christ (pbuh) was the prophet of Allah.

The only thing is I don't think Jesus would be impressed with the sate Islam is in to call himself Muslim, nor Christian for that matter of fact, the World is in chaos every religion I awaiting to be validated by his return, I am confident he would not pick a side, no matter what any book says.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:20pm
Jesus Christ (pbuh) will come back but not as prophet as an ummati under prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh), because Allah in Quran in ch 33 v 40 says that prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) is not your father but he is khitabun Nabee which means last prophet, so Jesus Christ (pbuh) was the prophet of Allah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimal Unity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote Various prophecies of these religions are gathered, as follows;
�Surely I am coming soon.� Amen. Come, Lord Jesus
When is "soon"? All those who have given a more precise date have miserably failed in their prediction so far.

Greetings from Godot: Airmano

I'd volunteer to be the Antichrist if only he would promise to turn up. It would be a mighty thing to be brought down by the saviour of mankind himself.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2014 at 6:02am
Quote Various prophecies of these religions are gathered, as follows;
�Surely I am coming soon.� Amen. Come, Lord Jesus
When is "soon"? All those who have given a more precise date have miserably failed in their prediction so far.

Greetings from Godot: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 15 October 2014 at 6:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic