IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - War on Islam Not ISIS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

War on Islam Not ISIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

SultanmuradII, was the Asad regime or the Iraqi regime kidnapping little girls and selling them to sex slavery?� Were they beheading journalists, videotaping them and posting them on the Internet for recruitment purposes?That is what the war is about.� It's not about Islam -- unless you believe that such atrocities are part of Islam.

This posts shows how much you have looked into what Asad regime has done and not only after the protests and uprising, and so straight off it doesn't bear well on your other claims. More strangely how easily you are willing to spread baloney propaganda. Has it not occured to you yet that main stream media doesn't always tell the truth and usually follows a biased and non-independent line, especially when it affects a foreign policy.

How you come up with the idea that beheading videos of journalists as a recruitment tool is plain silly, furthermore your great allies behead people daily (ie Saudi Arabian kings) and also your government keeps you in the dark about their clandestine operations of kidnapping people around the world and torturing to death in secret cells via lackeys only barely gets exposed on the media, but it's worse than what you oppose. So basically I see that your lack of awareness is just astounding and no wonder you can be duped in to wars so easily, shame.
sultanmuradII View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings sultanmuradII,I think it is because they see this as the way of islam coming to power in the world.Again I say, this doesn't scare people?What is it exactly that is coming to power?

Greetings Caringheart,

Now this is a plausible reason, however there is more to this, such as e.g merely helping those who are being killed because they no longer wish to have tyranical regimes over them, especially for those who are syrians and Iraqis. However if one doesn't know what is coming to power then why should they be scared? These are also people who want a better life according to their religion. And if you come to aid the tyrants and also drop bombs day and night on their families then those people will realy hate you.

your peice about the 'whites who are also killed, playing the victim, and look how the red indians assimilated' is in my opinion shameful and lacks basic understanding, but here I don't want to divert the topic anymore.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 6:27am
Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

Originally posted by sultanmuradII sultanmuradII wrote:

That a plight of people is a test with the reward and punishment in the hereafter, and that prayer may have other purposes such as being rewardable in itself, and that the creator does not intervene all the time or in a manner that you may expect, and that there are conditions for prayers to be accepted, and that many prayers maybe being accepted you just don't perceive them. Just a few of these points should make you wonder that you haven't understood Islam, or religion for that matter, in the slightest - before you started attacking it.

Belief in rewards or punishment in the "hereafter", without the slightest evidence that the "hereafter" even exists, is ridiculous. It is a fraud perpetrated on the ignorant and credulous as a means of obtaining power. There is also a complete lack of testable evidence that prayer has any efficacy whatsoever. All such rigorous tests, and there have been many, have come to the same conclusion. You seem to be happy with your delusions. That's fine. Unfortunately, too many of your co-religionists use those delusions as an excuse for murder and oppression.

Each of your posts highlight you have a blinded hatred that you can't take in what some one says and you instead answer your own theories. I clearly wrote that the creator may not intervene all the time so as in Judaism, Christianity and Islam prayers are not neccesarily answered, and people tend pray as a worship to gain nearness to their creator whether their prayer are answered or not, and this was mentioned as other reasons to your first narrow minded post that I responded to.

You then replied with something about rigorous tests on prayers!

It is easy to just attack and accuse and expect people to try and rebutt you, but when you present your side of the story, then in comparison we can see if what you claim as true is indeed so.

The reality of a hereafter is information received in revealed scriptures via Messengers from the creator of the universe, and so before questioning the 1001 things in the scriptures we need a basis to accept them in the first place ie the existence of the creator.

I take it you would say there is no evidence for that, I would say to you the world around us is the evidence in that it is impossible to have been as it is with out a cause, and that cause is beyond time and palce and any limits, that much we can conclude just from rational assessment of our world.

If there is a creator, then there atleast is the possibility of communication to mankind from him.

Where do you stand in this argument thus far?
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 8:35am

The reality of a hereafter is information received in revealed scriptures via Messengers from the creator of the universe, and so before questioning the 1001 things in the scriptures we need a basis to accept them in the first place ie the existence of the creator.

I take it you would say there is no evidence for that, I would say to you the world around us is the evidence in that it is impossible to have been as it is with out a cause, and that cause is beyond time and palce and any limits, that much we can conclude just from rational assessment of our world.

If there is a creator, then there atleast is the possibility of communication to mankind from him.

The concept of a "creator" is a fantasy created by the ignorant who had (and have) little understanding of physics and cosmology. It is no different from the beliefs of primitive man who prayed to the "Sun God" to ensure that the sun would rise in the morning. What's worse, is that this concept of a mythical creator has been further perverted (by all religions) into fabricated sets of directives aimed at consolidating and accumulating power and wealth into the hands of cynical rulers. They further perpetrate onto their ignorantly credulous followers the promise of paradise and fear of hell as a further mechanism of control.

As understanding of physics has advanced, religiosity has retreated. That is why fundamentalists, of all faiths, strive to ensure that their progeny is uneducated. We see this, for example, among the Hasidic Jews, the Amish, and the Taliban (although it seems that only the fundamentalist Muslims delight in blowing up schools).

You seem to want to accuse me of "hatred" towards Muslims. Perhaps you find that such accusations would help to justify the sort of violence urged in the Quran. But I don't hate Muslims at all. Rather I find fundamentalist Muslims to be pathetically ignorant and, too often, dangerously violent (ask the Yazidis, for just one of many examples).

It is the Quran that preaches intolerance and demands violence towards unbelievers. In contrast, nothing in my thinking demands that Christians, Jews, and others must convert, pay a tax, or die. Or be sold into slavery, like the Yazidis.

Edited by marcello - 13 October 2014 at 8:40am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2014 at 9:54am

if one doesn't know what is coming to power then why should they be scared?

Greeetings sultanmuradII,

What is there to be scared of?
These people who are coming to the battle are attracted to sheer brutality.  I am accustomed to men who shun the idea of killing, not flock to it, especially when it is barbaric killing.
We do know the kind of people who are seeking power.  They have shown us the kind of people that they are, and I see them as controlled by pure evil.
Nothing they are doing is redeeming.
(In what way have the Yazidi's or the Christians provoked them to the behavior they have exhibited in the extermination campaigns?  and men are drawn to join this behavior?  That is frightening... that these are the people that may come to have control over the common man... this is evil in control)

asalaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 13 October 2014 at 9:58am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

The concept of a "creator" is a fantasy created by the ignorant who had (and have) little understanding of physics and cosmology. It is no different from the beliefs of primitive man who prayed to the "Sun God" to ensure that the sun would rise in the morning. What's worse, is that this concept of a mythical creator has been further perverted (by all religions) into fabricated sets of directives aimed at consolidating and accumulating power and wealth into the hands of cynical rulers. They further perpetrate onto their ignorantly credulous followers the promise of paradise and fear of hell as a further mechanism of control.

As understanding of physics has advanced, religiosity has retreated. That is why fundamentalists, of all faiths, strive to ensure that their progeny is uneducated. We see this, for example, among the Hasidic Jews, the Amish, and the Taliban (although it seems that only the fundamentalist Muslims delight in blowing up schools).

You seem to want to accuse me of "hatred" towards Muslims. Perhaps you find that such accusations would help to justify the sort of violence urged in the Quran. But I don't hate Muslims at all. Rather I find fundamentalist Muslims to be pathetically ignorant and, too often, dangerously violent (ask the Yazidis, for just one of many examples).

It is the Quran that preaches intolerance and demands violence towards unbelievers. In contrast, nothing in my thinking demands that Christians, Jews, and others must convert, pay a tax, or die. Or be sold into slavery, like the Yazidis.

You have still to present your thinking and all you have done so far is blindly attack things you don't understand. What little you did mention exposed your narrow mindedness, eg your, going nowhere, "do unto others... " criteria which had no answer for adultery nor treason. You showed a complete ignorance on the meaning of prayers to religious people, and now you think that Muslims have not studied physics or cosmology.

So still waiting read your view on the where the universe came from and why it is the way it is ie the origin of this world and us. I say that rationally there must be a ultimate causer/creator who is beyond time space and limitations. You say ....?

And since you care so much about taxation and people being killed you could explain your criteria on judging what one should do about enemy combatants and foreign occupiers, and a criteria for who decides who should be taxed and at what amount. But I have a feeling you might avoid presenting much on these topics from your posts thus far, but I hope that you are a thinking man and not full of it, and will engage.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

� if one doesn't know what is coming to power then why should they be scared?
Greeetings sultanmuradII,What is there to be scared of?These people who are coming to the battle are attracted to sheer brutality.� I am accustomed to men who shun the idea of killing, not flock to it, especially when it is barbaric killing.We do know the kind of people who are seeking power.� They have shown us the kind of people that they are, and I see them as controlled by pure evil.Nothing they are doing is redeeming.(In what way have the Yazidi's or the Christians provoked them to the behavior they have exhibited in the extermination campaigns?� and men are drawn to join this behavior?� That is frightening... that these are the people that may come to have control over the common man... this is evil in control)asalaam,CH

You didn't learn anything from the baloney Kuwaiti baby incubator stories portrayed in the US media that was used to justify the invasion of Iraq in the first place and then again with the baloney WMD story years later, and now even when the yazidis on the hills turned out to be embarrassingly exaggerated, if one could put it mildy. But continued lies and then flying over across the world to kill people and impose oppressive regimes to serve your oil and miltary companies doesn't disturb you but the world is sick of it, and since 24years or so of bombing a nation with all sorts of weapons and turmoil you create and impose in a region, you expect people in that region to behave as they would living in comfort!

Even though Islam itself calls to much higher standards, and Muslims in general don't support any wrongs that any people do anywhere, however the focus on ISIS and the circumstances in which they act, is being used to try and villify Islamic ideas (especially of ruling by Islam etc).

For those who look fairly in to beliefs and people behaviour will see that Islam is superior God willing.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 10:46am

You have still to present your thinking and all you have done so far is blindly attack things you don't understand. What little you did mention exposed your narrow mindedness, eg your, going nowhere, "do unto others... " criteria which had no answer for adultery nor treason.

The Golden Rule says that we should treat adulterers the way we would want to be treated ourselves in that situation, i.e. we should butt out of their lives and leave it to those involved to deal with.  As for treason, nobody ever said that the Golden Rule was intended to cover criminal offences.  In that case, we have an inherent right to protect our own security; therefore any traitor who threatens our collective security should be punished.

Quote So still waiting read your view on the where the universe came from and why it is the way it is ie the origin of this world and us. I say that rationally there must be a ultimate causer/creator who is beyond time space and limitations. You say ....?

It's a big question.  The science of cosmology proposes lots of interesting theories, but no one really knows.

Meanwhile, maybe you'd like to tell us where your God came from and why He is the way He is. Wink
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic