IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Get To Heaven When You Die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 12:28pm
By the way, if you actually study some of the flood stories in other cultures, you will find that they are completely different from the Biblical flood story.   

http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-10-17/#feature

Edited by islamispeace - 25 September 2014 at 1:06pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Just because "every" civilization (notice the quotation marks) mentions a flood story doesn't mean that there was a universal flood.  If the flood was global, then there should be a large gap in the historical record.  Yet, we know that Ancient Egypt has a continuous record spanning thousands of years.

Hmm, interesting... and true.....

Man was put on earth because that was God's plan from the start.  Once human civilization started on earth, death was already preordained for all of us.  Like I said, death has always existed in the earthly life.  It did not magically appear because of man's sin.

Hmm, interesting also...
I do not believe death was intended for man, as that would negate the idea of providing him a paradise wouldn't it?
I believe in the Genesis account which is attributed to have come through the teaching of Moses.

I am always pondering, how did we come to be on this planet, and you provide me with some interesting alternative thoughts.

It is interesting that you have a completely different idea of how man came to be on earth.
Can you remind me please, why you believe Adam was sent to earth?

I don't believe man can exist in biological form elsewhere in the universe.  I believe the earth was created specifically for this biological form.
I do believe there may be other 'earths'.... as Yshwe spoke of His 'many mansions' and how He 'goes to prepare a place'.
I also believe this earth may be a form of hell, or purgatory...
but to come, to the Creator, is to leave the biological form...
the biological from must either seek its way to the Creator, working its way through the levels of purgation... 'purging the dross', seeking purification,
or it must meet its end in its total dissolution, left behind as the dross.  As a transforming energy we are either on our way up, or on our way down.

I will today be seeking to learn if Yshwe ever addressed the issue of original sin.  He did say,

6 ... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

asalaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 25 September 2014 at 1:22pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Just because "every" civilization (notice the quotation marks) mentions a flood story doesn't mean that there was a universal flood.  If the flood was global, then there should be a large gap in the historical record.  Yet, we know that Ancient Egypt has a continuous record spanning thousands of years.

Hmm, interesting... and true.....

Man was put on earth because that was God's plan from the start.  Once human civilization started on earth, death was already preordained for all of us.  Like I said, death has always existed in the earthly life.  It did not magically appear because of man's sin.

Hmm, interesting also...
I do not believe death was intended for man, as that would negate the idea of providing him a paradise wouldn't it?
I believe in the Genesis account which is attributed to have come through the teaching of Moses.

I am always pondering, how did we come to be on this planet, and you provide me with some interesting alternative thoughts.

It is interesting that you have a completely different idea of how man came to be on earth.
Can you remind me please, why you believe Adam was sent to earth?

I don't believe man can exist in biological form elsewhere in the universe.  I believe the earth was created specifically for this biological form.
I do believe there may be other 'earths'.... as Yshwe spoke of His 'many mansions' and how He 'goes to prepare a place'.
I also believe this earth may be a form of hell, or purgatory...
but to come, to the Creator, is to leave the biological form...
the biological from must either seek its way to the Creator, working its way through the levels of purgation... 'purging the dross'
or it must meet its end in its total dissolution.  As a transforming energy we are either on our way up, or on our way down.

I will today be seeking to learn if Yshwe ever addressed the issue of original sin.  He did say,

6 ... I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

asalaam,
CH

Adam and Eve were sent to earth as punishment for disobeying God's command.  But like I said, they would have been placed on earth anyway, even if they had not sinned.  That was God's plan from the start.  So, their earthly lives were already preordained, and as such, so were their deaths.  Since they had to live on earth, death in the earthly life was a part of their destiny, and ours as well.     

Edited by islamispeace - 25 September 2014 at 1:07pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 9:28pm
Greetings islamispeace,

If we are not born with a sinful nature, then how do you explain that we are so easily seduced by temptations?

How do you explain the behavior of children to try to get away with whatever they can, and have to be taught to be truthful and not sneaky?

asalaam,
CH
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2014 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings islamispeace,

If we are not born with a sinful nature, then how do you explain that we are so easily seduced by temptations?

How do you explain the behavior of children to try to get away with whatever they can, and have to be taught to be truthful and not sneaky?

asalaam,
CH

We are born with the ability to choose between right and wrong.  That is very different from claiming that we are born with a "sinful nature".  We can be good just as easily as we can be bad.  That has nothing to do with Adam's sin.  It is not as if his mistake somehow got genetically passed on to us. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 1:40pm
I happened to be reading and came across this.

"Ever since Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden, every human endeavor has been a mixture of good and evil.
Every human being has effectively eaten of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

Isn't this the whole reason why, when we are born, we are faced with different choices... the choice between good and evil...
because evil was introduced to Adam and Eve long ago by lucifer, the fallen angel... satan... through knowledge... he took away their innocence, their purity of nature as the Creator designed it.

Yshwe once said to His disciples before a large crowd of people;

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

We must hold on to innocence.

in the scriptures it warns us that
'in their knowledge they became fools'
... thinking themselves wise and knowledgeable.

The introduction of 'knowledge' corrupted the creation at its first inception.

Blessed be God forever
xfrodobagginsx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfrodobagginsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 8:14pm
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 3:09am

http://quranandbible.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-fall-of-adam-and-eve-in-bible-and.htmlhttp://quranandbible.blogspot.com/2014/02/jesus-in-bible-and-quran.htmlHopefully, these articles should clear up your false beliefs, inshaAllah.No one in their right mind would believe that God would require a blood sacrifice for something that we didn't even do.� No one in their right mind would believe the doctrine of original sin.� Death has always existed alongside life.� Death didn't come into the world as a result of one man's sin, despite Paul's insistence in Romans 8. ��

Its not only Apostle Paul's insistence it came from Kings and Prophets before his time.

(Psalm 51:5) "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me." This is from a Psalm of David after his sin with Bathsheba. It deals with the sin of an adult, and shows the repentance of an adult (vs. 10-13). David does not say he was a "sinner baby" but rather that his mother conceived him in sin.

Read it again and see! David was born into a sinful world. Sin was all around him from birth, so he was 'brought forth in iniquity." The Jewish writers who wrote of this Psalm say the same thing.; David is saying that he was born into a sinful environment.
John 15:14 �What are mortals, that they could be pure, or those born of woman, that they could be righteous?�
Psalm 58:3 �Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.�
Job 14:1-4 �Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble. He comes out like a flower and withers; he flees like a shadow and continues not. And do you open your eyes on such a one and bring me into judgment with you? Who can bring what is pure from the impure? No one!�
Ecclesiastes 7:20 �Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.�
Romans 5:14 �Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.�
Proverbs 22:15 �Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.�
Isaiah 53:6 �All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned�every one�to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.�
Can We Blame Adam and Eve?

It doesn�t seem fair that we are reaping what Adam and Eve sowed but the truth is that we would have done exactly the same thing as they did. As the Scriptures truthfully say, �just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned� (Romans 5:12) �For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive� (1 Corinthians 15:22). From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is clear that each one of us is responsible for our own actions. We reap what we sow and we sow the death penalty by all rights. You could take the most righteous man or woman of God you know and put them in the Garden and they would make the same decision that Adam and Eve did. We can also not put all the blame on Eve because she was deceived. Adam went into it with his eyes wide open. He had no one to blame but himself. So Adam and Eve are not responsible for our sins�we are! We can not claim to be any better than they were or that we would not have made that decision to eat of the forbidden tree. We have the advantage of having the Book of Genesis and knowing what happened and what would happen. They didn�t! Was it Adam or Eve tapping you on the shoulder telling you to sin? No!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic