IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Get To Heaven When You Die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

And about the Quran:

...several companions of Muhammad served as scribes and were responsible for writing down the revelations. [Note: 'Companions' means they were writing the Qur'an as it was being revealed]

And then Uthman burnt them all !
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2018 at 6:42pm
Greetings MIAW,

I have found those hadiths which I mentioned.

Narrated by 'Umar bin Al-Khattab

I heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat Al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and I listened to his recitation and noticed that he recited in several different ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him during his prayer, but I controlled my temper, and when he had completed his prayer, I put his upper garment around his neck and seized him by it and said, "Who taught you this Sura which I heard you reciting?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me." I said, "You have told a lie, for Allah's Apostle has taught it to me in a different way from yours." So I dragged him to Allah's Apostle and said (to Allah's Apostle): "I heard this person reciting Surat Al-Furqan in a way which you haven't taught me!" On that Allah's Apostle said, "Release him, (O 'Umar!) Recite, O Hisham!" Then he recited in the same way as I heard him reciting. Then Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed in this way," and added, "Recite, O 'Umar!" I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed in this way. This Qur'an has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever (way) is easier for you (or read as much of it as may be easy for you)."
sahih-bukhari, Vol. 6, book 61, number 514

What do you say about these;

"Ubayy entered the mosque and, hearing a man recite, asked him who had instructed him. The man replied that he had been taught by the Prophet. Ubayy went in search of the Prophet. When the man recited. Muhammad said, 'That is correct.' Ubayy protested, 'But you taught me to recite so-and-so,' The Prophet said that Ubayy was right too. 'Right? right?' burst out Ubayy in perplexity. The Prophet struck him on the chest and prayed, 'O Allah! cause doubt to depart.' Ubayy broke into a sweat as his heart filled with terror. Muhammad disclosed that two angels had come to him. One said, 'Recite the Qur'an in one form.' The other advised Muhammad to ask for more than this. That was repeated several times until finally the first angel said. 'Very well. Recite it in seven forms.' The Prophet said, 'Each of the forms is grace-giving, protecting, so long as you don't terminate a punishment verse with an expression of mercy, or vice-versa - as you might for example say, Let's go; or, let's be off.' " (Tafsir of Tabari.).

"A man complained to the Prophet, Abdullah taught me to recite a Sura of the Qur'an. Zaid taught me the same Sura and so too did Ubayy. The readings of all three differ. Whose reading ought I to adopt?' Muhammad remained silent. Ali who was at his side replied, 'Every man should recite as he was taught. Each of the readings is acceptable, valid.' " (Tafsir of Tabari).

"Umar said, I heard Hisam b. Hukaim reciting Surat al Furqan and listened to his recital. On observing that he was reading many forms which the Prophet had not taught me, I all but rushed upon him as he prayed. But I waited patiently as he continued, and, collaring him when he had finished, I asked him, 'Who taught you to recite this Sura?' He claimed that the Prophet had taught him. I said, 'By God! you're lying!' I dragged him to the Prophet telling him that I had heard Hisam recite many forms he had not taught me. The Prophet said, 'Let him go. Recite, Hisam.' He recited the reading I had already heard from him. The Prophet said, 'That is how it was revealed.' He then said, 'Recite, Umar', and I recited what he had taught me. He said, 'That's right. That is how it was revealed. This Qur'an was revealed in seven forms, so recite what is easiest.' "(Tafsir of Tabari). (See also Mishkat vol.III pp. 702-705). Also, Al Baizawi (in his commentary on Suras 3:100, 6:91, 19:35, 28:48, 33:6, 34:18, 38:22, etc.) suggests variations extant in his time. (Mizanu'l Haqq, page 261).

"Umar bin Al-Khattab and Hisham bin Hakim were from the same tribe, therefore, this difference was not just a matter of dialect. Muslim leaders are exaggerating when they say there is only one version of the Qur'an. From the very beginning there were several versions. "

asalaam alaykum,
Peace and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
xfrodobagginsx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfrodobagginsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx xfrodobagginsx wrote:

1) The Bible is not erroneous.
2) The quran says that the Bible is not corrupt.

https://carm.org/quran-says-bible-not-corrupt

The Bible was written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events. The quran was not. The quran wasn't written until hundreds of years later by a man who wasn't even there and contradict s the accounts of those who were actually there. Actual historians from Christ's day support the Biblical accounts. The quran contradicts the historical accounts of those who were actually there. The quran contradicts the Biblical, eyewitness events of those who were actually there, therefore the quran is false.

Yes I fully agree with you.

Like this is what said in the Quran.

Quran 16 : 103 And We certainly know that they say,Its only a human being who teaches the Prophet. The tongue of the one they refer to is foreign,and Quran is clear Arabic language.

Abrahamian teachings could come only from Chrstians or Jews. Because the local Christian community spoke Arabic and local Jewis community Judeo-Arabic,then contemporary context would suggest a teacher with a foreign tongue to be Jewis.
The Arabs said We know well that A mortal teaches him the Prophet.
The Arabs challenged Muhammad's claim to be a prophet based on his mortality.

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father.  Jesus is the only way of salvation. 
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 3:12am

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Je-sus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father. Jesus is the on-ly way of salva-tion.

The Scripture NEVER said Jesus is the (universal) ONLY way to God nor did the Scripture claimed he is the ONLY way to salvation – ‘Jesus, the ONLY way’ was what the Church and Christian scholars perceived and preached. What the Scripture did say is, Jesus was the way, the truth and the life, which we can infer ONLY IN HIS LIFETIME just as Moses, Abraham, Noah and the other prophets were (the ways) in their respective lifetimes. If you disagree, then, who do you think was the way to God for the people in Moses, Abraham’s and the other prophets’ lifetimes ??

Jesus in saying he’s the WAY, was playing the same role as prophet Jeremiah, or any other prophets. In Jeremiah 42:3, Jeremiah had told his people – “Pray that the LORD your God may show us the WAY we should go, and the thing that we should do.” In the next verse, Jeremiah also said “I will pray to the LORD your God according to your re-quest, and whatever the LORD answers you I will tell you. I will keep nothing back from you.” – Jere-miah 42:4. In other words, God communicate to the people thru His Chosen prophets throughout the ages in their respective time periods, and in the case of prophet Jeremiah, he was the (only) WAY for his people to know God, and like Jesus, whatever God had told him, he will pass on to his people, or in short, his people knew about God only through Jeremiah and thus, prophet Jeremiah was the WAY for his people just as Jesus was the WAY for his people.

Jesus in saying he’s the TRUTH simply means there’s nothing false about him, as he was not seek-ing personal glory but he was seeking glory from the One who sent him – “Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one Who sent him is a man of TRUTH; there is nothing false about him” – John 7:18

Jesus in saying he’s the LIFE simply means he’s not just the WAY to know God but, he’s also the WAY to the eternal LIFE (or the kingdom of heaven) in his lifetime. In other words, the people of his times, need to listen and adhere to what he said (AND of course also believe in God Almighty) to enter the eternal LIFE. Christians today seem to have taken God Almighty out of the equation and preach only to listen and believe in Jesus Christ to have eternal life - that's NOT what Jesus himself preached.

So, yes, Jesus, in his lifetime on earth, is what he said he is - "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me”.
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 5:34am
Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Je-sus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father. Jesus is the on-ly way of salva-tion.

The Scripture NEVER said Jesus is the (universal) ONLY way to God nor did the Scripture claimed he is the ONLY way to salvation – ‘Jesus, the ONLY way’ was what the Church and Christian scholars perceived and preached. What the Scripture did say is, Jesus was the way, the truth and the life, which we can infer ONLY IN HIS LIFETIME just as Moses, Abraham, Noah and the other prophets were (the ways) in their respective lifetimes. If you disagree, then, who do you think was the way to God for the people in Moses, Abraham’s and the other prophets’ lifetimes ??

Jesus in saying he’s the WAY, was playing the same role as prophet Jeremiah, or any other prophets. In Jeremiah 42:3, Jeremiah had told his people – “Pray that the LORD your God may show us the WAY we should go, and the thing that we should do.” In the next verse, Jeremiah also said “I will pray to the LORD your God according to your re-quest, and whatever the LORD answers you I will tell you. I will keep nothing back from you.” – Jere-miah 42:4. In other words, God communicate to the people thru His Chosen prophets throughout the ages in their respective time periods, and in the case of prophet Jeremiah, he was the (only) WAY for his people to know God, and like Jesus, whatever God had told him, he will pass on to his people, or in short, his people knew about God only through Jeremiah and thus, prophet Jeremiah was the WAY for his people just as Jesus was the WAY for his people.

Jesus in saying he’s the TRUTH simply means there’s nothing false about him, as he was not seek-ing personal glory but he was seeking glory from the One who sent him – “Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one Who sent him is a man of TRUTH; there is nothing false about him” – John 7:18

Jesus in saying he’s the LIFE simply means he’s not just the WAY to know God but, he’s also the WAY to the eternal LIFE (or the kingdom of heaven) in his lifetime. In other words, the people of his times, need to listen and adhere to what he said (AND of course also believe in God Almighty) to enter the eternal LIFE. Christians today seem to have taken God Almighty out of the equation and preach only to listen and believe in Jesus Christ to have eternal life - that's NOT what Jesus himself preached.

So, yes, Jesus, in his lifetime on earth, is what he said he is - "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me”.

1 John 5:10.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No other prohet has said this in their live time.

sara majid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara majid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 8:47pm
Heaven in our religion Islam is a gift of the believers. The thing I love the most is that heaven can be achieved by good manners. Be kind to parents. Be kind to parents. There is a wonderful saying of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) that anyone who is not kind to his family cannot go to heaven.

For that it is beautiful. So the best and good way is being good to family
JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

1 John 5:10.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
No other prohet has said this in their live time.

So, what's your interpretation of 1 John 5:10 ?? I can tell you right now, 1 John 5:10 is clearly saying Jesus is not God. I can also tell you that only God can give you eternal life and Jesus was sent to show the Israelites the way to this eternal life, or in other words, the secret to this eternal life is with Jesus and therefore the Israelites should believe in the words of Jesus.

The other prophets may not have said those exact words, but then, do you think Abraham, Moses, Noah, and the other prophets were chosen by God to lead the people of their times to damnation and not also to save them from their sinning ways and guide them to eternal life too??
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:34pm

In the view of Islam (Quran and Hadits) that God is different from His creatures, therefore, Jesus is a human being given revelation by God (the same as the other prophets) which is to invite humans to worship only to one God. Jesus invited the people of Israel to be saved from sinning and also survived in the hereafter.

Some evidence that the Tawheed religion which was revealed to all Prophets before the Prophet Muhammad was intended for the people from them, for example:

The Prophet Noah was sent to the people of Rasib

The Prophet Hud was sent to the people of 'Ad

The Prophet Salih was sent to the people of Tsamud

The Prophet Shu'aib was sent to the people of Madyan

The Prophet Moses was sent to the people of Israel

The Prophet Isa (Jesus) also was sent to the people of Israel

And for the Prophet Muhammad as the last prophet is to realign the teachings of the previous Tawheed of all the Prophets, that is: "there is no God except Allah".

Thus, the basic teachings of the Prophets are the same which is to invite humanity to worship only to one God.

If there are still some people who do not follow the invitation of His Prophets, then leave it alone, because only Allah who has hidayah (guidance).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic