IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Get To Heaven When You Die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xfrodobagginsx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfrodobagginsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Get To Heaven When You Die
    Posted: 17 April 2023 at 8:29pm
Please take the time to read this first post if you haven't yet.
jp the unitarian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jp the unitarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2018 at 2:25pm

You know it is strange I came to see islamists to see if they would believe in the God of the Bible, which is Allah (Yehovah) by the way. But sadly all is see is a group of unbelievers arguing and using the arguments of university unbelievers as their truth, it is sad indeed.

Is there original sin

original sin is a term invented by catholics and not found in the Bible. So let us look at the biblical account. When Yehovah created all he created it good in the beginning there was no talk of death

Humans and animals were not to kill to eat

Gen 1:29 And Elohim said, “See, I have given you every plant that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed, to you it is for food. (TS98)

Gen 1:30 “And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to every creeping creature on the earth, in which there is life, EVERY GREEN PLANT IS FOR FOOD.” And it came to be so. (TS98)

animals and humans were to eat the green herbs and fruit, not each other.

Adam and eve had a choice the tree of life or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The tree of life was for eternal life

Gen 3:22 And יהוה Elohim said, “See, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever...” (TS98)

easy isn't it when you are not trying to make the Bible a lie, with this tree they ahd the covenant of eternal life, that means life FOREVER.

Gen 2:17 but do not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for in the day that you eat of it you shall certainly DIE.” (TS98)

So this is what the Bible says, if Adam and Eve had eaten of the tree of life it was eternal life, but we lost that. Adam and Eve chose the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, notice it is not alled the tree of death, that is because this covenant does not cause instant death, but pour decisions of good and evil do. This is the din of Adam that cause death for all.

Why do we die ? Because we are not created by Yehovah, we are procreated and all of us children of Adam and by this we inherit the curse of death, and so does all creation sine Adam was created of the earth his curse goes to the ground

Gen 3:17 And to the man He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘Do not eat of it’: “CURSED IS THE GROUND BECAUSE OF YOU, in toil you are to eat of it all the days of your life, (TS98)

the ground which is what the earth and man and animals and all things in creation are made of now dies, because of Adam's sin. Simple this is why we and all things die.

Now for the creation of the earth could it have been created in 7 days?

Seriously are there any true believers here, could allah (Yehovah) have created the earth in 7 days. C'mon guys the creator Yehovah could have created this universe and 500 more like it in a microsecond had he willed it, are you seriously trying to disprove the creator with your unbeliever science, if yes then you have no faith in him.

There is no I say again no proof that the earth is millions of years old, our vest dating methods alwys come up erroneous, test that have been done show that the earth at the bottom of deep core samples has tested Younger than the earth at the top

, and all dating methods up till now are simply chosing the best result from all the errors that support their anti god view.

Go see this link it is long but full of truth about creation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBz1roiQR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7cRqbJb6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hk09uoDgm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqYPjA9VxA

the link above just kills the evolutionist theory carbon 14 in dinosaur bones and soft tissue from dinosaurs disproves millions of years theory

maybe now you will stop siding with the unbelievers.

Oh yeah I almost forgot where di the water come from for the flood?

In the beginning there was water below the firmament and above the firmament, when noah was on the ark God caused a rift to form across the continent which split the continent where the atlantic ocean is now. All the way down the atlantic ocean there is a crack that is still there today, it is estimated tahtall the water that was below the firmament, shot out of the crack under the tremendous pressure of the of the earth above it and spread out into the atmosphere all this water caused 40 days of rain bringing the estimated 20 feet of water that was in the atmosphere above. So we got 40 days of rain from the wter above and below the easrth.

asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:34pm

In the view of Islam (Quran and Hadits) that God is different from His creatures, therefore, Jesus is a human being given revelation by God (the same as the other prophets) which is to invite humans to worship only to one God. Jesus invited the people of Israel to be saved from sinning and also survived in the hereafter.

Some evidence that the Tawheed religion which was revealed to all Prophets before the Prophet Muhammad was intended for the people from them, for example:

The Prophet Noah was sent to the people of Rasib

The Prophet Hud was sent to the people of 'Ad

The Prophet Salih was sent to the people of Tsamud

The Prophet Shu'aib was sent to the people of Madyan

The Prophet Moses was sent to the people of Israel

The Prophet Isa (Jesus) also was sent to the people of Israel

And for the Prophet Muhammad as the last prophet is to realign the teachings of the previous Tawheed of all the Prophets, that is: "there is no God except Allah".

Thus, the basic teachings of the Prophets are the same which is to invite humanity to worship only to one God.

If there are still some people who do not follow the invitation of His Prophets, then leave it alone, because only Allah who has hidayah (guidance).

JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

1 John 5:10.
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
No other prohet has said this in their live time.

So, what's your interpretation of 1 John 5:10 ?? I can tell you right now, 1 John 5:10 is clearly saying Jesus is not God. I can also tell you that only God can give you eternal life and Jesus was sent to show the Israelites the way to this eternal life, or in other words, the secret to this eternal life is with Jesus and therefore the Israelites should believe in the words of Jesus.

The other prophets may not have said those exact words, but then, do you think Abraham, Moses, Noah, and the other prophets were chosen by God to lead the people of their times to damnation and not also to save them from their sinning ways and guide them to eternal life too??
sara majid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara majid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2018 at 8:47pm
Heaven in our religion Islam is a gift of the believers. The thing I love the most is that heaven can be achieved by good manners. Be kind to parents. Be kind to parents. There is a wonderful saying of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) that anyone who is not kind to his family cannot go to heaven.

For that it is beautiful. So the best and good way is being good to family
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 5:34am
Originally posted by JerryMyers JerryMyers wrote:

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx xfrodobagginsx wrote:

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Je-sus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father. Jesus is the on-ly way of salva-tion.

The Scripture NEVER said Jesus is the (universal) ONLY way to God nor did the Scripture claimed he is the ONLY way to salvation – ‘Jesus, the ONLY way’ was what the Church and Christian scholars perceived and preached. What the Scripture did say is, Jesus was the way, the truth and the life, which we can infer ONLY IN HIS LIFETIME just as Moses, Abraham, Noah and the other prophets were (the ways) in their respective lifetimes. If you disagree, then, who do you think was the way to God for the people in Moses, Abraham’s and the other prophets’ lifetimes ??

Jesus in saying he’s the WAY, was playing the same role as prophet Jeremiah, or any other prophets. In Jeremiah 42:3, Jeremiah had told his people – “Pray that the LORD your God may show us the WAY we should go, and the thing that we should do.” In the next verse, Jeremiah also said “I will pray to the LORD your God according to your re-quest, and whatever the LORD answers you I will tell you. I will keep nothing back from you.” – Jere-miah 42:4. In other words, God communicate to the people thru His Chosen prophets throughout the ages in their respective time periods, and in the case of prophet Jeremiah, he was the (only) WAY for his people to know God, and like Jesus, whatever God had told him, he will pass on to his people, or in short, his people knew about God only through Jeremiah and thus, prophet Jeremiah was the WAY for his people just as Jesus was the WAY for his people.

Jesus in saying he’s the TRUTH simply means there’s nothing false about him, as he was not seek-ing personal glory but he was seeking glory from the One who sent him – “Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one Who sent him is a man of TRUTH; there is nothing false about him” – John 7:18

Jesus in saying he’s the LIFE simply means he’s not just the WAY to know God but, he’s also the WAY to the eternal LIFE (or the kingdom of heaven) in his lifetime. In other words, the people of his times, need to listen and adhere to what he said (AND of course also believe in God Almighty) to enter the eternal LIFE. Christians today seem to have taken God Almighty out of the equation and preach only to listen and believe in Jesus Christ to have eternal life - that's NOT what Jesus himself preached.

So, yes, Jesus, in his lifetime on earth, is what he said he is - "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me”.

1 John 5:10.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No other prohet has said this in their live time.

JerryMyers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerryMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 3:12am

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Je-sus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father. Jesus is the on-ly way of salva-tion.

The Scripture NEVER said Jesus is the (universal) ONLY way to God nor did the Scripture claimed he is the ONLY way to salvation – ‘Jesus, the ONLY way’ was what the Church and Christian scholars perceived and preached. What the Scripture did say is, Jesus was the way, the truth and the life, which we can infer ONLY IN HIS LIFETIME just as Moses, Abraham, Noah and the other prophets were (the ways) in their respective lifetimes. If you disagree, then, who do you think was the way to God for the people in Moses, Abraham’s and the other prophets’ lifetimes ??

Jesus in saying he’s the WAY, was playing the same role as prophet Jeremiah, or any other prophets. In Jeremiah 42:3, Jeremiah had told his people – “Pray that the LORD your God may show us the WAY we should go, and the thing that we should do.” In the next verse, Jeremiah also said “I will pray to the LORD your God according to your re-quest, and whatever the LORD answers you I will tell you. I will keep nothing back from you.” – Jere-miah 42:4. In other words, God communicate to the people thru His Chosen prophets throughout the ages in their respective time periods, and in the case of prophet Jeremiah, he was the (only) WAY for his people to know God, and like Jesus, whatever God had told him, he will pass on to his people, or in short, his people knew about God only through Jeremiah and thus, prophet Jeremiah was the WAY for his people just as Jesus was the WAY for his people.

Jesus in saying he’s the TRUTH simply means there’s nothing false about him, as he was not seek-ing personal glory but he was seeking glory from the One who sent him – “Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one Who sent him is a man of TRUTH; there is nothing false about him” – John 7:18

Jesus in saying he’s the LIFE simply means he’s not just the WAY to know God but, he’s also the WAY to the eternal LIFE (or the kingdom of heaven) in his lifetime. In other words, the people of his times, need to listen and adhere to what he said (AND of course also believe in God Almighty) to enter the eternal LIFE. Christians today seem to have taken God Almighty out of the equation and preach only to listen and believe in Jesus Christ to have eternal life - that's NOT what Jesus himself preached.

So, yes, Jesus, in his lifetime on earth, is what he said he is - "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me”.
xfrodobagginsx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xfrodobagginsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

1) The Bible is not erroneous.
2) The quran says that the Bible is not corrupt.

https://carm.org/quran-says-bible-not-corrupt

The Bible was written by the actual eyewitnesses to the events. The quran was not. The quran wasn't written until hundreds of years later by a man who wasn't even there and contradict s the accounts of those who were actually there. Actual historians from Christ's day support the Biblical accounts. The quran contradicts the historical accounts of those who were actually there. The quran contradicts the Biblical, eyewitness events of those who were actually there, therefore the quran is false.

Yes I fully agree with you.

Like this is what said in the Quran.

Quran 16 : 103 And We certainly know that they say,Its only a human being who teaches the Prophet. The tongue of the one they refer to is foreign,and Quran is clear Arabic language.

Abrahamian teachings could come only from Chrstians or Jews. Because the local Christian community spoke Arabic and local Jewis community Judeo-Arabic,then contemporary context would suggest a teacher with a foreign tongue to be Jewis.
The Arabs said We know well that A mortal teaches him the Prophet.
The Arabs challenged Muhammad's claim to be a prophet based on his mortality.

So then if you believe that the Bible is not corrupt and is indeed God's word, you must believe Jesus when He said Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is the only way to the Father.  Jesus is the only way of salvation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic