IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complains about the avatars  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complains about the avatars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complains about the avatars
    Posted: 30 March 2005 at 2:13am

Salam!

I really need to make a personal complain regardin the avatars available, not a general one where the posts turn into a battle Cos I really don't want to make a big deal out of a simple opinion/suggestion that would lead to so many arguements.. A hint (The avatars scare me)

nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:15am

As-Salaamu Alaikum

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (SAW) said, "Those who make pictures will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, 'Make alive that which you have created."   [7:835 O.B.]

Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him): "I heard Allah's Messenger (SAW) saying that Allah said, 'Who would be more unjust than the one who tries to create the like of my creatures? Let them create a grain: let them create a gnat�. In an other quotation it is added: 'let them create a barley." [7:837 O.B.]

translation of the meanings of Sahih Al-Bukhari by Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan.

I do not want to argue either, rather I wish to ask - Are we Muslim's, or are we innovators?

I agree, most of the avatars are scary, the �one eye� for a start, is a symbol some use to represent the dajjal! If we obeyed Allah�s command, you would not have had to make a complaint, nor would I have needed to write these words!

Wa-Salaam

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:14pm

haven't looked at them yet

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 5:05pm

Salaam!

Thanks Nadir for acknowledging my fear, well I expected a moderator or administrator contacting me but so far I hear silence.

Seems I would have to open up and add up to what nadir has said may be I would get a response;

First of all the designer got me thinking; what are avatars? Why do we need them on this site?

I never went into details on what avatars are until this minute because all along from my experience like in yahoo avatars I thought they were images you customize, funny, attractive and can express your moods while you chat.

Guess what? Browse for the literal meaning of avatars and find out if it�s necessary on this website.

I would not deny the fact the person that created the avatars did a very tedious job ...but this person must really be in love with the eye and not just two eyes but one eye. Did you notice the number of one eyes' we gat? Dragon eye, Eye, Eye II, Eye storm, Stone fish, Taran, Techno eye, Authubillah!!!!!

I really wonder who approved the pictures. Is this a general website for the promotion of all religions or Islam? They even went ahead fixing a Red Cross symbol I know what it characteristically means but have we thought of the origin? We don�t even have our Islamic symbol (the moon and the star).  Other avatars look just like faces for a horror website e.g. the mask, bone head, Alien helmet, funky fish, white face, stone face etc what�s up with black and white negatives, is that how a basket looks? Did u even see the so called giraffe, horse and bird �it looks likes the intestine of the bird, the bear is not even cute, the butterfly looks like a dragon fly, the praying hands look as if they are erupting from molten magma with fire at the background Subhanallah!!!! I can�t go on and on, please see for yourself. Not even the most unattended websites have such avatars.

This is what I perceive and I am sure others see it in a different way and it�s up to you. I know we were given an option to browse for our choice but atleast the display on the site should be meaningful like fruits, trees, flowers and please not in negatives. It�s a pity I am not creative, but I am sure we can find someone out there that understands and can help If not we rather eliminate the whole avatar thing.

Thank you

Masalaam

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:51pm

Is there a gallery of the avatars somewhere, I tried to look yesterday but didn't see anything. I would like to have a look before deciding which one.

I saw the list in edit profile, must admit the titles are strange.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:29pm

Salam,

Angel,

Oh sure one can view the preview of the avatars, right beside the list u viewed, as you click on each avatar the preview appears by the window next to it........Hope you find it.

icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:10am

Asslamu alaikum chastebeauty,

We agree that the avatar collection are poor, that images was included on the forum software bundle. Insha Allah we will (if possible) remove the bad images and add the better one.

If some of you have a good images please pm the link to administrator or email to [email protected]. If you could please resize the image to 64x64 pixel before you send it.

Thanks,

Best Regards & Peace,

Admin
nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by chastebeauty chastebeauty wrote:

Salaam!

Thanks Nadir for acknowledging my fear, well I expected a moderator or administrator contacting me but so far I hear silence.

Seems I would have to open up and add up to what nadir has said may be I would get a response;

First of all the designer got me thinking; what are avatars? Why do we need them on this site?

I never went into details on what avatars are until this minute because all along from my experience like in yahoo avatars I thought they were images you customize, funny, attractive and can express your moods while you chat.

Guess what? Browse for the literal meaning of avatars and find out if it�s necessary on this website.

I would not deny the fact the person that created the avatars did a very tedious job ...but this person must really be in love with the eye and not just two eyes but one eye. Did you notice the number of one eyes' we gat? Dragon eye, Eye, Eye II, Eye storm, Stone fish, Taran, Techno eye, Authubillah!!!!!

I really wonder who approved the pictures. Is this a general website for the promotion of all religions or Islam? They even went ahead fixing a Red Cross symbol I know what it characteristically means but have we thought of the origin? We don�t even have our Islamic symbol (the moon and the star).  Other avatars look just like faces for a horror website e.g. the mask, bone head, Alien helmet, funky fish, white face, stone face etc what�s up with black and white negatives, is that how a basket looks? Did u even see the so called giraffe, horse and bird �it looks likes the intestine of the bird, the bear is not even cute, the butterfly looks like a dragon fly, the praying hands look as if they are erupting from molten magma with fire at the background Subhanallah!!!! I can�t go on and on, please see for yourself. Not even the most unattended websites have such avatars.

This is what I perceive and I am sure others see it in a different way and it�s up to you. I know we were given an option to browse for our choice but atleast the display on the site should be meaningful like fruits, trees, flowers and please not in negatives. It�s a pity I am not creative, but I am sure we can find someone out there that understands and can help If not we rather eliminate the whole avatar thing.

Thank you

Masalaam

Assalaamu Alaikum

Al-Hamdulilah

Dear Chastebeauty,

I liked your post, Masha Allah

Thanks for the tip on the literal meaning of Avatar, I�d never have guessed!!!

The administrator has certainly been exposed! Your so right Chastebeauty, this is a so called �Islamic website�, and yet the images they have made available, would not �sit out of place� on a demoniacal webpage.

And as for you, administrator, tame excuse, it doesn�t �wash with me�.

Guess this is a lesson for us, �they� are watching (as if we didn�t know that already).

Wasalaam

Nadir

p.s.

�You� do not scare me, however I know �you� are scared of us, that�s why �your� watching. Trying to see how we work, so �you� can manipulate/deceive us. If you think you are clever, come and pick on me, and leave the innocent (Angel & Chastebeauty) alone!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic