IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - --------------------------------------------------
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--------------------------------------------------

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: --------------------------------------------------
    Posted: 10 September 2014 at 6:05am
------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 7:04am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 5:02pm
'greater Love hath no man than that he lay down his life for another'
- the words of Yshwe

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

No man took His life, He gave it for our sakes....

'nevertheless Lord, not My will, but Thine be done'

41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 3:02am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 7:06am
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 3:07am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 7:07am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

"No one believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."

These words have no parallel.

Greetings Muslim75,

It is a good teaching.  You are nearly correct, there is only one parallel, because those words come directly from Yshwe Himself.  They have been stated only slightly differently for muslims.  Smile

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.  - the words of Yshwe(known as Jesus)

It is from which we derive the 'Golden Rule' which we, among my people, were all taught as children...  'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'.  Smile

asalaam and blessings to you,

CH

Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 1:23pm

This is love:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of Mine. And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil
(praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him."  (Bukhari)

Greetings Muslim75,

I found a couple of things interesting in this....

I wonder who would be defined as 'a pious worshiper'?
What about the Christian that attends church every day, and prays every day, and lives a righteous life? 
What about the Hindu that bows down every day in deference to a higher power than himself, and lives a righteous life?
Are these not all pious in their worship?  And who is to say they do not worship the same higher power?
I think only that higher power Himself can say.

Now the rest of that teaching I like...

that when we love the Creator we see things with His eyes, and hear with His ears, and act with His actions...

it's not about Him loving us though.... (do you know any parent that has conceived a child, that does not then love that child?)....

it is about us choosing to love Him, to show our love for Him with our honor.

and I like the part that teaches that a believer should hate death...
a believer should never desire the death of another, but rather desire to see them have every chance to be saved from eternal separation from the Creator....

but neither do I believe they should fear death... for the death in this world, if we have lived it right, will mean eternal life with the Creator.
The only fear should be for the one who does not love the Creator and live according to His ways.

asalaam and blessings,
CH
Blessed be God forever
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 3:28am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 7:09am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2014 at 7:42am

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of Mine.

But Jesus said (in Matthew 5:43-48):
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Muslim love extends only to fellow Muslims.  As Jesus points out, there is nothing special about that.  Even the pagans love their own people.

Christian love is unconditional and universal, even for those who show hostility toward you.  Christian love is harder, and better.
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic