IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - --------------------------------------------------  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--------------------------------------------------

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

Abu Bakr said "Honor Muhammad by honoring the members of his family."

Hadith 347 in Riyadh Salihin.

Another beautiful hadith, but it also does not excuse the extreme acts of devotion that some Muslims indulge in.  The Sahabah would not have done such things.  We can honor the Prophet and his family by loving and respecting them, but not by over-praising them. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 12:32am

------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:36am
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

"Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect." (Surah 33, V 56)

Allah and His angels do this all the time, non-stop. As to humans, in this case, no show of respect to Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family is enough.

Umar, Amir Al Muminin use to give to Usama more than he gave to his own son, Abdullah. He said to Abdullah (more or less): Muhammad loved your father more than he loved me.

Again, I am not denying that we should send blessings on the Prophet.  That's why we recite Durood Sharif during the prayer. 

This is what Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) said in the Holy Quran:

"Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude" (Al-Imran, 3:144).

And this is what the Prophet himself said:

"
Narrated `Umar:

I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle."
"

sunnah.com/bukhari/60/115

Those who exaggerate in praising the Prophet are in fact disobeying him.  How can you love someone when you don't obey them?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 5:39am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:38am
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2014 at 5:51am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic