IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - --------------------------------------------------  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--------------------------------------------------

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

Muhammad (saws), and this is a famous Hadith, once called a Sahaba to him. The Sahaba did not come because he was praying. When at last he came to Muhammad (saws), the latter rebuked him. He said he should have stopped his prayer and responded to him (saws).

What do you think the Kaaba points to ?

Which hadith is this?  Can you provide the reference?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 8:21am

That is the Ottoman Sultan you are talking about. The one whose name was mentioned in the khutbas every friday throughout the Muslim world. He would do things unislamic when the only law in the empire is the law of Islam. That is unlikely.

What difference does that make?  Does the fact that he was the Ottoman sultan change the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told us not to over-praise him?  If the blessed Prophet prohibited his companions from even standing up in respect of him, then do you really think that he would approve of us crawling at his grave?   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 2:03pm

------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:34am
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 2:42pm

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:34am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 3:07pm

Meanwhile here are parts of another Hadith. Not the same, but still (Hadith of Tirmidhi among others).

Ubay Ibne Ka'ab Radhiyallahu Anhu Reports That Ubayy said: ya rasulallāh innī ukthiru al-salāta `alayka fa kam aj`al laka min salātī "O Messenger of Allah, I make much salawat upon you as a habit. How much of my prayer should I devote to you?"
The Prophet said: "As much as you like."
Ubayy said: "A quarter?"
The Prophet said: "As you like, but if you add to that it will be better for you."
Ubayy then mentioned a third, then a half, then two thirds, and always the Prophet answered: "As you like, but if you add to that it will be better for you."
Finally Ubayy said: yā rasulallāh innī urīdu an aj`ala salātī kullahā lak - "O Messenger of Allah, I want to devote my entire prayer (i.e. du`a) to you."
Whereupon the Prophet said: "Then you will be freed from care and your sins will be forgiven."

But this hadith was graded as weak:

http://sunnah.com/urn/677630

Furthermore, requesting blessings upon the Prophet from Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) is different from over-praising him.  The hadith I mentioned about how the Prophet disliked that the Sahabah would stand up for him is mentioned in Tirmidhi, and it was graded sahih:

Narrated Anas: "There was no person more beloved to them than the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)." [He said:] "And they would not stand when they saw him because they knew that he disliked that."

http://sunnah.com/urn/629720

Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 1:00am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:35am
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 1:04am

Edited by Muslim75 - 21 December 2014 at 5:36am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 6:40am

Graded weak by Darussalam.

I will look into it Inshallah Ta'ala. Meanwhile here is another Hadith. Still not the same, but still:

Yes, this is an excellent hadith and it reminds us that iman is not complete unless we love the Prophet more than we love ourselves.  However, this still does not mean that we can over-praise him, because he specifically warned us against it.  The hadith I mentioned previously shows how important this teaching is, since even though the Sahabah loved the Prophet dearly, they would not stand up for him because they knew that he disliked such a practice.  So how much more so would he dislike it when some Muslim crawl at his grave? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic