IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
Hollywood’s Dirty Little Secret  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hollywood’s Dirty Little Secret

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hollywood’s Dirty Little Secret
    Posted: 30 November 2005 at 5:12am
I didn't think Hollywood had to be true to life.  
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:30pm

If far more entertaining to accuse the British queen of infidelity with the Scottish hero all those centuries ago rather than the reality of the situation.

History vs Hollywood slammed brave heart good.Edward I(long shanks)was very popular in his time.Edward II was believed to be a qweermo,but it was the princess who killed his boyfriend not long shanks.she was however guilty of infidelity (and did dispose her husband )but not with William Wallace.considering she was 6 at the time of William Wallace, and in the movie we are led to believe her son Edward III was William Wallace's son.well if thats true he didn't follow in his fathers footsteps.first thing he did when he ascended to the throne ? Invade Scotland! Man I love the history channel!

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:14pm

I know that Enemy at the Gates was hailed as the first serious Hollywood movie to look at the Eastern front of WWII. 

the eastern front had some of the most bitter fighting.and how can Hollywood mess that up?a love story?and sex scene? in the middle of a combat zone?.....why???????????????????????

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:09pm

Hollywood has never been really great with being accurate in history.  That's why the History Channel does Reel to Real episodes. 

absolutely right.history VS Hollywood.great show and its on my favorite channel too.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 5:51pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

You meen the King of England is not scotish i kind of enjoyed that twist ....j/k

It isnt so much that Holywood twists facts but that there is an agenda and real ideology behind it and its ver delibrate.

You now have many generations of people around the world with twisted unrealistic world view.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 12:24pm

I know that Enemy at the Gates was hailed as the first serious Hollywood movie to look at the Eastern front of WWII. 

Hollywood has never been really great with being accurate in history.  That's why the History Channel does Reel to Real episodes. 

They show the movie and then dissect the fact and the fiction. 

Look at Braveheart....Kingdom of Heaven and any of the Zorro or Robin Hood movies...

Hollywood likes to twist history for what it calls mass appeal.

If far more entertaining to accuse the British queen of infidelity with the Scottish hero all those centuries ago rather than the reality of the situation.

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 11:37am
British,Canadian and Americans and attacked Normandy.each was assigned different sections to hit.they weren't mixed together that doesn't mean Hollywood is trying to say the British and Canadians weren't there.they were and fought just as hard as the Americans.but the story took place in the American section.go 5-10 miles down the beach you might see Brits.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:23am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

more interesting things.

How Dirty Harry turned commie

Shot from a different angle

Iraq War Hits Home with Added Drama

Terror Tale to Screen

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic