IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Witr Prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Witr Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:24am

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Sister,the issue is same and i don't know how to tell;this is my problem in english...no problem...Take care:)

Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 8:44pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

The above proof isn't exactly proof because it doesn't say anything about the tashouds and when and where to recite them in the prayer.

I think it will be tough finding such a precise hadith, which explains in detail how the witr prayer (or any prayers for that matter) is performed.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 7:43pm
It's all good.  I know how to perform witr according to sunnah now.
brother93 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brother93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:02pm
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in the hadeeth narrated by al-Haakim (1/304), al-Bayhaqi (3/31) and al-Daaraqutni (p. 172), and which was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

According to this hadeeth the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Do not pray Witr with three rak�ahs that resemble Maghrib.� What he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant, as the scholars have explained, was that we should not sit to recite the first Tashahhud in a manner that resembles Maghrib. See Fath al-Baari by Ibn Hajar, 4/301. al-Haafiz said: Its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari and Muslim. See also �Awn al-Ma�bood, commentary on hadeeth no. 1423; Salaat al-Taraaweeh by al-Albaani, p. 97.
AMIN2002 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMIN2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:06pm
As-Salaamu 'Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu,

Dear Sister,

Very detailed description of the WITR Prayer. Ma'sha Allah.

HOWEVER...

sad to say you DON'T cite/quote THE SOURCE of the information you provide. (!)

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE for ANY MUSLIM
(following the Prophetic Tradition (as-Sunnah) and the Manhaj (Methodology of the rightly-guided "Salaf" (Generations))
to ACCEPT ANYTHING you have just mentioned
Because Islam is based on "science" (correct Methodology) every statement requires CITATIONS/ REFERENCES (for verifiable/checkable sources/proofs used)

IT IS FORBIDDEN for ANY MUSLIM(A)to simply follow "blindly" what someone advises or recommends
(With all respect, WE don't even know you YOU ARE sister! We have not got your credentials/ or who=which reputed scholar you have studied under)
The Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallalahu 'aleihi wassalam) and the methodology of the as-Sahaba (Companions) is such:
It is NOT PERMISSIBLE (LAWFUL) for anyone to talk or act without SOUND KNOWLEDGE.

So sister,
please kindly state your sources (so your readers can "verify" if the knowledge/info you offer is SOUND (SAHIH)

Jazaak Allahu Khairan

Follow
AMIN2002 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMIN2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:31pm
As-SAlaamu 'Aleikum akhi,

Dear brother Suleyman,

I fear that in your effort to make your point YOU sadly SEEM TO HAVE MISSED A GREAT POINT STILL...

From my humble understanding of God's religion and the prophetic tradition
IT IS NOT LEGISLATED (PERMISSIBLE/LAWFUL) for any Muslim to speak, act or interpret anything without SOUND KNOWLEDGE.
"� The best of speech is the Book of Allah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (sallalahu 'aleikhi wassalam). The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation (bid'ah)is a going astray." (Reported by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh).

Please brother (no offence meant here) stick to Sound (Sahih) knowledge and do not pretend to know better.
Interpreting your own way around Islam by picking and choosing isolated verses from Qu'ran is that the Sunnah (the methodology of the Prophetic tradition) ?

Jazaak Allahu Khair,
smallkhadem View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smallkhadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2016 at 10:30am
Full dua qunoot from here 
TafiNami View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TafiNami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 7:01am
I try to memorize Dua Qunoot. But at now what should I do in witr prayer?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic