IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your advice, please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your advice, please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:44am

All Praise is due to Allah
The All-Hearing, All-Seeing

Be! And I was -- Created to be
Be nought but what Allah created me to be

So the world wants to destroyeth me!
Tightening the noose not allowing me to breathe

No one wishes to listen carefully
So I am trampled on by others whom are allowed to be

No company have I found with thee
Nought but people occupied with their own destiny

So, Be! And I was -- Created to be
Be nought but what Allah created me to be

All Praise is due to Allah
The All-Hearing, All-Seeing
And last but not least, the All-Knowing

Edited by free
free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:48am

O Creator
Please protect me from the evil one
Whom hath surrounded me with the world
And whom now jesteth at me in fun

O Protector
Thou are aware of what all have done
Thou are aware of the trap of the world
And the sorcery that has been spun

O mine Lord
Mine only Protector from the evil one
Thou are aware I wish no part in the world
A world that hateth me for fun

O Expediter
The world deceives from the only peace
Please won�t You allow me the freedom
So my spirit can take the course in between

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 12:11pm

Whether your judgement allows you to believe me or not, �Tookie� Williams will testify those of this world do not, you see they hath to play the judge, disbelieving in Resurrection where is the All-Seeing Judge. In ignorance they ever send out the wrong message, that your repentance will in no way be accepted!

Some people wanted him to die because of the people he supposedly killed. I find it hard to agree with his execution, but i find it even harder to be living in a world with people who can not let go of their sense of revenge.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 3:05pm

The tookienator is back

btw check this out
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1120921538/The_Terminator_Has ta_La_Vista_Baby_Jesus
free View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 4:23pm

"If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry."

Dalai Lama

"To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in somebody else. Rather than speaking badly about people and in ways that will produce friction and unrest in their lives, we should practice a purer perception of them, and when we speak of others, speak of their good qualities."

Dalai Lama

The above words are addressed to mine self, for my journey hath taken a roundabout route. Are there not many places we come together? Only for a bit of pride to cause friction & bother. The closer thou draw to the Seal of the Prophet�s, the more satisfied are all with that in their pocket.

May peace be upon you all, and follow the seal of the Prophet�s.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 1:00am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

I was merely trying to point out to you that that is not the case.  The division in the Ummah started as soon as the Prophet (pbuh) took his last breath (probably even before that but not by him).  How can the division that started at that time have been created by the west?

Division in general started during the time of the prophet and he had to deal with it. The demise of the Islamic Khalifah was at the hands of non muslims. It is not rational to put the downfall of the Khalifah in 1924(?) to a genralised division in the Ummah 1300 years earlier.

Free,

I have not decided if i should reply to your posts yet as i am finding it hard to make the effort when the person asking the Questions has shown disrespect towards me. You create a new user name every second day almost and you continue to do this even after knowing that it is against forum rules as i informed you my self.

Rami was asking me to become of him, I was merely stating I would rather choose bin Laden

I did no such thing, i advised that you read a few articles which would have given you background knwoledge of all the things i mentioned, if you chose not to that is your choice but i cant be blamed for asuming a person would at least research something he is criticising.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
abdulraheem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulraheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 3:22am

As salaamu alaikum

A.J,

Alhamdulillah that u discovered the true religion Islam. Just my advice is to keep Allah in ur heart and pray for ur right path.

May Allah bless u, and keep u on this right path.

Allah Hafiz

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 10:52pm

Originally posted by free free wrote:

Dear Khadija,

If I may return to something I hath not covered properly, don�t you see I am I trying to understand their philosophy?

�They also deny they can be out plotted by a Higher Force�; however, that higher force is Allah, not Osama bin Laden or any other human here on earth. �

And how true your comment, an example is the past Prophet�s {SAW}, Moses, Lot, and also Noah � they were all dependent on nought but the Lord, whom destroyed their enemies without a war. I am of the opinion Bush should forget about his law, for he hath a greater enemy - that of the Lord.

I hope this may bring forth ease in your heart, the devil will fall we just hath to keep to our part.         & amp; nbsp;  

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM Brother Free,

I, too, am a new revert living in the US.  I live in a part of the country where I don�t have an Ummah�no mosque�no Islamic center.  I, too, have learned about Islam from studying on my own with the precious Noble Qur�an at my side.  I, too, look at the Ummah and see the problems you are talking about.  I, too, feel isolated and as if I am simply going to lose it some days.  I didn�t know I could cry so much but I seem to be doing so much of that lately.  I look out at the world and the Ummah and ask myself how is it possible that Allah could send down such a perfect account of the Straight Path for mankind, and the Prophet (pbuh) could have worked so hard to give us such a wonderful example of how to follow Islam yet the world, and even the Ummah, seem to be in such a state of utter disarray?  How is it possible?  I see so many injustices�so much fighting yet no forgiving�so much greed and taking yet no giving�such a clamoring for power yet no humility�

One of the things I had to come to terms with just this week is how I let what I see affect me.  Do I let the negative side of what I see affect me in a way that I become in some sense, like by my harsh judgment, just like it?  I have cried so many tears these past few days and begged Allah to help me with this.  I, too, need and Ummah.  I, too, want unity in Islam.  That is why I came to IC.  I need this place. 

Allah said to hold on to the rope He extends to us.  If we look out into the world, we can get confused and think that there are many ropes not just one.  Sure, the world has many ropes and there are plenty of people to say �Here, this is the right one�grab a hold.�  I see the problem now�for me at least.  I know that as long as I look to people to find that rope, I will risk not grabbing the right rope.  People are fallible.  I know that what I must do it live in this world but always with my heart and my head seeking the Rope Allah has promised me and not the ropes of this world.  Yes, some days it is hard to do that alone but that�s only because I forget that I�m never truly alone.  Allah is always with me.  I have the precious Noble Qur�an and the Hadith within arms reach at all time.  No scholar is perfect but there is a lot of wonderful writings out that by Muslim scholars who despite their imperfections have dedicated their lives to seeking the Rope of Allah. 

It is not that we can be perfect in our efforts that matters, but rather, that we always continue to seek Allah for both guidance and forgiveness while we are in this world.  We are promised tests and told to hold tight and to be patient�not to panic no matter what happens in this world. 

Yusuf Ali Translation of Sura 2, Ayat 177: It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces toward East or West; but it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day and the Angels and the Book and the Messengers; to spend of your substance out of love for Him for your kin for orphans for the needy for the wayfarer for those who ask and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer and practice regular charity; to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient in pain (or suffering) and adversity and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth the Allah-fearing.

I pray that Allah guides me to His Rope and keeps me close so that I can hold tight.  I also pray that as I hold on I don�t get tired, that I am able to be patient and ever learn to be more patient, and especially that I trust in the Strength of His Rope enough not to panic.  I know that Allah says in the end days, people will be running around in a panic, not caring about others.  But I pray, no I beg, Allah to lead me to righteousness so that I will not panic no matter what adversity comes my way.  I pray this not only for myself, but for all of the Ummah.  Ameen.

I am a human, and as a human, I need certain things.  Allah talks about those things in the precious Noble Qur�an, community is one of them.  I know I don�t have a perfect Ummah.  Some might say I don�t even have a real one.  Some may even say I don�t deserve one because I�m not this or that.  But that�s just the world talking.  Allah knows best.  I do have my own little Ummah.  It�s made up of IC and a circle of sisters and brothers that I keep in contract with via the internet.  They are not in my personal space here on this planet, but they are here for me when I need them and sometimes I don�t even have to say I need them...somehow, ALHAMDULILLAH, they just know.  We don�t always agree on every thing, but for what we lack in perfection, we make up in forgiveness.  MASHALLAH!  ALLAHU AKBAR!

ALLAH HAFIZ

WA ALAIKUM ASSALAM

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic