IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - --------------------------------------------------  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

--------------------------------------------------

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

As a Muslim, we are told to believe that those previous revelations were from Allah. We are also told that the Quran is the Final revelation from God and that the previous scriptures were altered.

Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

Can you tell me where in the qur'an it says the 'the previous scriptures were altered'?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 4:09am

------------------------------------------

Edited by Muslim75 - 09 January 2015 at 12:12pm
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 4:14am

Edited by Muslim75 - 09 January 2015 at 12:14pm
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 4:21am

Edited by Muslim75 - 09 January 2015 at 12:14pm
Muslim75 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 4:23am

Edited by Muslim75 - 09 January 2015 at 12:15pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Hasan,

Can you tell me where in the qur'an it says the 'the previous scriptures were altered'?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart

Have you not read a translation of the Qur'an ?

Greetings Muslim75,

I have read a good deal of the qur'an, but have not completed it.
The passages that muslims quote, I do not find to say that the earlier scriptures were corrupted.  In fact I find that the qur'an confirms the earlier scriptures ... telling people that they should 'consult the people of the Book'.
What I have found the qur'an to criticize is that the 'people of the Book' (or I think more accurately, the Jews) were not following(or practicing) what their scriptures tell them.
Have you read, and studied, the qur'an fully?  Or do you only know what you have been taught in this regard?

Could you please cite specific passages?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 30 November 2014 at 10:23am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

As a Muslim, we are told to believe that those previous revelations were from Allah. We are also told that the Quran is the Final revelation from God and that the previous scriptures were altered.

Hasan
Greetings Hasan,Can you tell me where in the qur'an it says the 'the previous scriptures were altered'?Shukran and salaam,Caringheart

Amigo,
short memory or you just like me to do the looking up work, anyway it is good I am the one getting reward, God willing, :)
"So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good."5:13
"O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book." 5:15

There are more, but I guess it answers your question.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

�the Quran and the books contained in the "Bible" like Torah, Psalm, and Gospel are God's books, His revelations, Hadith is not God's revelation rather narrations of the companions of the prophet, word of men and thus of course need to be looked differently.

The Qur'an tells you word per word, and in the early stages of revelation that whatever word was spoken by Muhammad was revelation (see Surah 53).

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) tells you that when his Companions are mentioned, you must hold back.

The sources of the knowledge of Islam are 3: the Qur'an, the Hadiths and the special knowledge of Sufi saints. From these 3 sources come all the libraries filled with the books this religion boasts of.
/

AssalamAlykum,
Al Quran was sent as a revelation to the prophet. It is word of God, and we treat it as such. Hadith were narrations of people other than the prophet, they were not the words of God. And since there was a danger of some hadiths being fake, as there were and still are a very strict code of classifying and labeling them was followed to this day.
Sura 53 talks about revelation of the Quran and Pophets's (pbuh) journey to the heavens.

Jazakallah,
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 November 2014 at 3:07pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic