IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What  is the Anti-Christ in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the Anti-Christ in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the Anti-Christ in Islam
    Posted: 28 January 2015 at 6:47pm
"The Mahdi will make a peace agreement with the Jews and the West for 7 years. The reign of Mahdi lasts 7 years, in which he establishes Islam"

Do muslims not realize that this fits perfectly the description in the Biblical scriptures of the anti-Christ?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

3:93 All food was lawful unto the Children of Israel, save that which Israel forbade himself, (in days) before the Torah was revealed. Say: Produce the Torah and read it (unto us) if ye are truthful.

Isn't this an example of how laws of men encroached on the Law of God?

Um, no.  This is referring to the prophet Jacob (peace be upon him), who had forbidden himself some of the lawful food for a specific reason.  The scholars are unsure if it was because he was ill or because he abstained because he did not like those foods.  However, what is certain is that this food was not prohibited but later on, the Jews wrongly considered them prohibited for themselves as well.  This verse does not say that there are no dietary restrictions in the Law of Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He).  There definitely are, as other verses make clear.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2014 at 10:08pm
3:93 All food was lawful unto the Children of Israel, save that which Israel forbade himself, (in days) before the Torah was revealed. Say: Produce the Torah and read it (unto us) if ye are truthful.

Isn't this an example of how laws of men encroached on the Law of God?
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 9:14pm

Greetings islamispeace,

Sorry you don't understand.
Muslims also have the concept of higher jihad... or a higher law to govern over the lower.

asalaam,
CH

You're the one who doesn't understand.  The "higher jihad" entails fighting one's inclinations to sinful behavior.  Muslims do not forsake the law for the "higher jihad".  It goes hand in hand with it.  The success of the "higher jihad" is incumbent upon obeying Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) and that means obeying His Laws.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 8:50pm
Greetings islamispeace,

Sorry you don't understand.
Muslims also have the concept of higher jihad... or a higher law to govern over the lower.

asalaam,
CH
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 9:31am

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

"Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds."

I thought I would address these two things also.

You do understand that 'the sword of my mouth' is a reference to God's Word... the scriptures...

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

As to the second;
you understand that it is a reference to the consequences of following evil ways (i.e., allegorized as Jezebel)
those who are sexually promiscuous suffer the consequences of those actions in the form of sexual diseases... diseases which also cause infertility and miscarriage, not to mention abortion.  People suffer the consequences of immoral actions... ('a bed of suffering', loss of children and child bearing capability)

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them�bring them here and kill them in front of me."

I guess that's also "allegory", eh? LOL

Jesus: "Kill them!" 

Christians: "What, do you mean literally?"

Jesus: "Er, no.  I was just being facetious."

Christians: "So, how should we kill them?"

Jesus: "Er, kill them with kindness.  Yeah, that's it.  Kill them with kindness!"

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 9:28am

Actually, I do not seek to find fault with the islamic religion. 

Accepting Paul has nothing to do with my view on islam.  In fact I see much of what Paul taught as being very much in line with muslim thinking.
I don't need to fault islam to hold to my belief in Yshwe.  In fact if I were ever to reject Yshwe I would still not accept islam as the correct path.  I feel that I can see very clearly how islam was prophesied.  I am rather inclined towards Buddhism.  I think Yshwe taught much as the Buddha taught.

asalaam and blessings to you,
CH

I've come to this in my mind more than once

The trouble I see with islam
Islam stands on deconstruction
Whereas, Christianity builds on Judaism
islam in order to stand, must deconstruct
therefore it must stand on rubble
Christianity and Judaism stand on a firm foundation... neither tears down its foundation

as regards the dispute over Paul;

Yshwe Himself was one who taught that the laws of man were of no matter...
Yshwe Himself, in the pharisees eyes, broke the law... because He was showing that He, God's Law, is higher than the things which men regarded as God's law.
He 'worked' on the Sabbath, healing men
He and His Disciples ate with 'unwashen hands'
Yshwe was showing that He was higher than the laws of men...
so we have to ask and determine for ourselves, was Yshwe a false prophet?
This is why He so angered the Jewish religious leaders and people...
He behaved as above their laws... the laws they proclaimed as from God Himself... but were they laws of God, or laws of man... given by Moses for the good of men.
Wasn't Yshwe trying to show that while the laws of Moses were important, there was a higher Law meant to govern mens hearts... hearts first.
It wasn't Paul who changed things... Paul taught as Yshwe taught.

LOL This is just more baloney.  I think many Jews would disagree with you that "Christianity and Judaism stand on a firm foundation... neither tears down its foundation".  Anyone with eyes to see would realize how ridiculous this statement is.  Christianity is so different from Judaism that the early Christians felt it necessary to break away from the Jews, who emphasized loyalty to the law.  Christians, especially the Gentile Christians, felt they had no need for the law, and who could blame them, since Paul obviously gave them a free pass.  He even allowed them to eat food sacrificed to idols!  How's that for "deconstruction"! Big%20smile

The special pleading that Christians used to break away from Judaism can be seen in your post as well.  The Laws of Moses "were important" they say.  Oh but Jesus allegedly said that there was a "higher law" as well.  Therefore, even though the Mosaic law was "important", the special Christians don't need to follow it anymore.  Well, how convenient! 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2014 at 8:16am

Actually, I do not seek to find fault with the islamic religion. 

Accepting Paul has nothing to do with my view on islam.  In fact I see much of what Paul taught as being very much in line with muslim thinking.
I don't need to fault islam to hold to my belief in Yshwe.  In fact if I were ever to reject Yshwe I would still not accept islam as the correct path.  I feel that I can see very clearly how islam was prophesied.  I am rather inclined towards Buddhism.  I think Yshwe taught much as the Buddha taught.

asalaam and blessings to you,
CH

I've come to this in my mind more than once

The trouble I see with islam
Islam stands on deconstruction
Whereas, Christianity builds on Judaism
islam in order to stand, must deconstruct
therefore it must stand on rubble
Christianity and Judaism stand on a firm foundation... neither tears down its foundation

as regards the dispute over Paul;

Yshwe Himself was one who taught that the laws of man were of no matter...
Yshwe Himself, in the pharisees eyes, broke the law... because He was showing that He, God's Law, is higher than the things which men regarded as God's law.
He 'worked' on the Sabbath, healing men
He and His Disciples ate with 'unwashen hands'
Yshwe was showing that He was higher than the laws of men...
so we have to ask and determine for ourselves, was Yshwe a false prophet?
This is why He so angered the Jewish religious leaders and people...
He behaved as above their laws... the laws they proclaimed as from God Himself... but were they laws of God, or laws of man... given by Moses for the good of men.
Wasn't Yshwe trying to show that while the laws of Moses were important, there was a higher Law meant to govern mens hearts... hearts first.
It wasn't Paul who changed things... Paul taught as Yshwe taught.

Edited by Caringheart - 10 October 2014 at 8:23am
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic