IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feeling Helpless  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeling Helpless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helpsister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling Helpless
    Posted: 13 August 2014 at 7:12pm
Salaam Alaikum sisters,

I'm having an issue and I really want to let it out. I'm currently away doing a summer internship at a very well known company. I'm a senior and have done different internships in the past and I've worked hard to get to this point and have tried to constantly have faith and pray to Allah. Ever since I started college, I've been on a very rocky road in terms of committing sin as I always find myself in and out every once in a while. This summer I have managed to remove myself from that sin and during Ramadan, maintain steady prayer and faith and closeness to Allah (S.W.A) and my goal is to continue to keep it that way. However, the situation at work ( my internship) is proving to waiver my faith. The industry, particularly this company, is very cutthroat and I would like them to offer me a full-time job by the end of it. However, today I cried for a good 30 mins because I can't help but feel that I may have not proven myself enough to get that job offer. And it sucks because in my eyes, me not getting the job would mean that I have failed. I can't help but think that all my classmates would think I'm dumb and unsuccessful because of that. On the other had, I try to keep reminding my self that Allah (S.W.A) is in control of my destiny and to have faith that whatever happens is Allah (S.W.A) will. But the fear of not getting this job offer makes me want to lose my mind;I can;t stand the thought of it. I'm trying really hard to keep my sanity by not letting shaytan enter my head and fill me with hopeless and despair. I want to be able to keep my head held high and be able to accept what ever Allah(S.W.A) has decreed for me and stop causing myself grief by worrying about what might happen. It's just so hard and I don't know what to do. I need help!! :( [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley19.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Helpsister - 14 August 2014 at 5:06pm
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 12:15am
I am men, but I have a little suggestion for you.

Regarding the job, be relax, take it easy, you shouldn't to get the job because to make your friend/classmate proud of you. Don't think to much about friend / classmate opinion about you, just be yourself. Just by being yourself and  thinking that all that you do for yourself you will have less burden and will be more confidence, and insha Allah you will be perform better.

Just a little note that to do something just to get "WOW" from your friends/classmate in Islam is consider  as RIA ("show-off") and it is forbidden.

Edited by semar - 15 August 2014 at 12:17am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 12:22am
It seems to me that you place too much importance in matters of this dunya. Pray all the prayers on time, read the Qur'an and the Hadiths and make Du'a all the time and your mid will re-connect with Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

The job itself is not important. If it's in a haram area then don't even think about it, you will have plenty more job opportunities and you are young Maa Shaa Allah.

Make Du'a that you will marry a man who will look after you In Shaa Allah.
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic