IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question of importance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question of importance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question of importance
    Posted: 08 August 2014 at 6:46am
Hello all.

This will be my only post on your board.

My question/theme is this.

Why is it that the Three great religions kill each other, we all believe in God, and we differ on who he is, and we have aggression towards each other. All three parties are guilty.

So we sit here and we stand and we fight each other.

My question is this, we all are close to God in some way because we believe, but what about people who don't believe in any God? Why are the Three great religions not getting together to fight this enemy?

If atheism gets it's way all of us will lose our God. Then what? Keep that in mind next time you take up arms.

God bless you all.

Good bye.

Edited by Sarek - 08 August 2014 at 6:57am
Laleh View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 9:29pm
Greetings and Peace Sarek.
Really that is a great topic for discussion. Too bad you may not plan to return to participate in the discussion. After all this is a discussion forum :)

In The Quran,  Christians and Jews are referred to as "people of the Book". In fact, Islam if practiced correctly encourages co-existence of the people of the religions in peace. It is imperfect individuals that misinterpret and start the incorrect practices.

If you are Christian or Jewish, what is your take on this thought?
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Sarek Sarek wrote:

If atheism gets it's way all of us will lose our God.

This is the sort of ignorant prejudice that drives me crazy!

If the Christians get their way, then Muslims will have to accept Christian dogma and abandon the teachings of the "heretic" Muhammad.
If the Muslims get their way, then Christians will have to accept Muslim dogma and abandon the "heretical" concept of the Trinity.
If virtually any religion gets its way, then that religion's dogma becomes the law of the land, and all other religions will have to accept it, or face accusations of heresy.

And atheists?  We have no dogma, so we don't care. You can believe whatever silly superstitions you want as far as we are concerned, as long as you don't try to impose them on us.

We have far more to fear from you guys than you have from us.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

If atheism gets it's way all of us will lose our God.

This is the sort of ignorant prejudice that drives me crazy!

If the Christians get their way, then Muslims will have to accept Christian dogma and abandon the teachings of the "heretic" Muhammad.
If the Muslims get their way, then Christians will have to accept Muslim dogma and abandon the "heretical" concept of the Trinity.
If virtually any religion gets its way, then that religion's dogma becomes the law of the land, and all other religions will have to accept it, or face accusations of heresy.

And atheists?  We have no dogma, so we don't care. You can believe whatever silly superstitions you want as far as we are concerned, as long as you don't try to impose them on us.

We have far more to fear from you guys than you have from us.

Righhhht, because atheists are "humanists" and wouldn't hurt a soul...

...well besides atheist mass murderers like Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot etc., etc. (cough)...
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Power of GOD View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power of GOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 1:32pm

Hello all.

This will be my only post on your board.

My question/theme is this.

Why is it that the Three great religions kill each other, we all believe in God, and we differ on who he is, and we have aggression towards each other. All three parties are guilty.

So we sit here and we stand and we fight each other.

My question is this, we all are close to God in some way because we believe, but what about people who don't believe in any God? Why are the Three great religions not getting together to fight this enemy?

If atheism gets it's way all of us will lose our God. Then what? Keep that in mind next time you take up arms.

God bless you all.

Good bye.
IF WE JUST DO WHAT JESUS SAID THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS IN THIS WORLD.

Efephians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Then everybody who wants to be saved listen to other relegions and reject Jesus's words so every one who have came after Jesus is a thief and a robber who have robed the humans of thier true way to salvation.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Why must the folowers of Jesus fight on earth if thier kingdom is not on earth.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, �My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.�

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law." (Romans 13:8). The law had much to say about interpersonal relationships. To sum it all up, all these commandments would fall under the single command, "Love your neighbor". If one truly loves his neighbor, then he would treat his neighbor according to the many commandments of the law.

This is certainly still true today. Under the law of Christ our relationships with others could be summed up the same way, to love our neighbors as ourselves. For example, we are to "bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). We are told to "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, just as God in Christ has forgiven you. Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you..." (Ephesians 4:31-5:2a). Also, Jesus told His disciples that the greatest commandment after loving God is to "love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 19:19). Paul quotes these words of Jesus later in the context (Romans 13:9b). We fulfill the law of Christ with respect to our relationships with others only when we have this unselfish, active goodwill toward them.
The Commandments and Our Neighbors
"For this, 'You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not covet,' and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in the saying, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong toward a neighbor, love therefore is a fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:9,10).There were both Jews and Gentiles at the church in Rome. The Jews knew the Law of Moses well. Paul points out to them that loving people the way Jesus said we should is not an entirely new concept. The Law of Moses had taught pretty much the same thing.

Something else; it is suggested that we owe it to others to treat them this way. We are to consider love as a debt we owe to others. I should never place myself in the position of owing someone something because I have mistreated them and justice demands I make it up to them. There is no circumstance which allows me to be dishonest or hateful. We are told to "respect what is right in the sight of all men" and never to take "your own revenge" (Romans 12:17-21).

With reference to the commandments of the Law of Moses, the Law of Christ certainly elaborates upon them. For example, Jesus not only condemned adultery, but also lust. He taught that his disciples were not only to refrain from murder, but also from hate (Matthew 5:21-22; 27-28). Jesus taught us to be perfect, or complete in our love for others. He said if we only love those who love us in return, we are no different than unbelievers. Instead, we are to be perfect, loving the just and the unjust, just like our Father (Matthew 5:43-48).

Motivation to Treat Others Righteously
"And this do, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. The night is almost gone, and the day is at hand. Let us therefore lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." (Romans 13:11,12).

It is time to wake up to the spiritual realities of our positions as it relates to eternity. It is not the time to go through life in a spiritual stupor as many seem so intent to do. It is time to wake up because the gospel of light is entering into a dark world shedding its light everywhere. Its promise of eternal salvation is closer to being realized by men and women of faith today than it was yesterday, and each day moves us closer to eternity. God now commands men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30) as the gospel of grace finds its way through the world.

Christians should always live with the awareness that discipleship is serious business. Sadly, many still sleep, ignoring the approaching eternal darkness that awaits them if they do not seek the light today. Our motivation to obey God, including those commands to love others, is that salvation is now closer than when we first believed.

We are to live righteously with respect to others, never placing ourselves into moral indebtedness to others because we have sinned against them. In this sense, we are "owe nothing to anyone" with but this exception: we owe them our love.

"Will that be cash or charge?"

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

Now behold, one came and said to Him, �Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?�

So He said to him, �Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.�

He said to Him, �Which ones?�

Jesus said, ��You shall not murder,� �You shall not commit adultery,� �You shall not steal,� �You shall not bear false witness,Honor your father and your mother,� and, �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.� 

The young man said to Him, �All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?�

Jesus said to him, �If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.�

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me" (Matt. 19:20-21).

And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up." Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me" (Mark 10:20-21).

And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth." When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me" (Luke 18:21-22).

If we must look at the world today you will wonder is there anyone that will go to heaven cause no one is obeying GOD'S law not even one.

Edited by Power of GOD - 13 August 2014 at 2:24pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 2:22am
It depends on faith if ur faith in Allah is strong like a root there is no fear of loosing help of Allah,but if u observe about christianity, christian means the one who follows Jesus Christ (pbuh), Jesus Christ(pbuh), in gospel of John ch 16 v 12-14 says the coming of prophet Muhammad S.A.W (pbuh),tteaching the word of Allah I.e Quran so all things lead to truth I.e islam.moreover ron sir I don't know y u waste time in this forum when u r proud of ur atheism.
Power of GOD View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power of GOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

It depends on faith if ur faith in Allah is strong like a root there is no fear of loosing help of Allah,but if u observe about christianity, christian means the one who follows Jesus Christ (pbuh), Jesus Christ(pbuh), in gospel of John ch 16 v 12-14 says the coming of prophet Muhammad S.A.W (pbuh),tteaching the word of Allah I.e Quran so all things lead to truth I.e islam.moreover ron sir I don't know y u waste time in this forum when u r proud of ur atheism.
 John 16
The spirit of truth will glorify Jesus and all Muhammad have done nothing but descredit Jesus by demoting him to a prophet and not the son of God Muhammad was no spirit of truth he was a selfish war lord and a infidel human been who claimed he was a prophet of Allah and discredit his name Jesus was without sin and Muhammad was a sinner you can't even compare Muhammad to even one of the Bible's prophets.

12 �I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.A)'> 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth,B)'> comes, he will guide you into all the truth.C)'> He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Righhhht, because atheists are "humanists" and wouldn't hurt a soul...

No, not all atheists are humanists.  Unfortunately.

Quote ...well besides atheist mass murderers like Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot etc., etc. (cough)...

As I keep telling you, there are good and bad people in every group.  Atheism is no exception.  However, none of the mass murderers you mentioned committed their crimes because of, or in the name of, atheism.  That's the difference.  We have no ideology that tells us to kill believers wherever we find them.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic