IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Polygamous Boundaries  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polygamous Boundaries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
emanresu View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emanresu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polygamous Boundaries
    Posted: 29 August 2014 at 5:23am
I am in such a relationship; there should be boundaries and limits.  If she is a fiancee, she is still non-mehram.  Texting/talking on phone should not be happening.  Especially at 1AM.  
Nusfa View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nusfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 7:49pm
If she didn't agree to his having a second wife and still he takes another wife and does such things then?
Rofexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 7:33pm
Abu Lauren or Father of Lauren, Taliyya's question was addressed to those in polygamous relationships. From your response we can infer that you are not. So your answer is null and void!!

As-salam Alaykum Taliyya, I am not in such a marriage, so I don't want to give you my opinion.

You can wait for someone to respond who is in such a marriage or you can do your own research. If I were you I would take the second route

So for this I would like to give you this link, to start your process, this link is very refreshing and eye opening.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/altmuslim/2012/09/why-is-polygamy-allowed-in-islam-how-is-it-best-practiced/
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 3:39am
Did you agree to him having a second wife? If you did, then surely there's nothing wrong with what he's doing.
taliyya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliyya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2014 at 2:40pm
 Assalamu Alaikum. I have a question for those in polygamous relationships. What kinds of boundaries or regulations did you set for the relationship? My husband is engaged. He talks to her over the phone while he's at the house. She texts him as late as 1:30 a.m. And he gets up to reply. I asked him to please not contact her while he's at home. He didn't see what's wrong with it even though he did reluctantly promise not to do it. Am I out of line or what? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic