IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will Muslims accept Jesus as thier saviour.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Muslims accept Jesus as thier saviour.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 11:09pm
Assalamalecum,No, we muslims accept Jesus Christ (pbuh) as prophet of Allah, Jesus Christ (pbuh) was muslim (ch 3 v 52 of Quran).
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.

38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Smile

Jesus called out with a loud voice, �Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.�e]">[e] When he had said this, he breathed his last.

47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, �Surely this was a righteous man.�

LOL

So apparently, the so-called "inspired" Gospels are not sure exactly what the "centurion" said!  Go figure...

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 11:39am
Greetings islamispeace,

... different writers... different interpretation... different time and place... different word of mouth...
still the same essential message Smile  carried far and wide.
asalaam and blessings.

Edited by Caringheart - 19 July 2014 at 11:40am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 12:24pm

Greetings islamispeace,

... different writers... different interpretation... different time and place... different word of mouth...
asalaam and blessings.

What a load of tripe!  It is not a "different interpretation" and so on.  It is a flat-out contradiction between supposed "inspired" documents.  The "centurion" either referred to Jesus as the "son of God" or as "a righteous man".  Your gospels can't even agree with each other on simple matters such as this.  Big%20smile 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Greetings islamispeace,

asalaam and blessings.

What a load of tripe!  It is not a "different interpretation" and so on.  It is a flat-out contradiction between supposed "inspired" documents.  The "centurion" either referred to Jesus as the "son of God" or as "a righteous man".  Your gospels can't even agree with each other on simple matters such as this.  Big%20smile 

Contradictory testimony at a trial usually leads a to mistrial.  When "witnesses" cannot agree on even simple issues, then what credibility do they really have?  What good are many "witnesses" if one says one thing and another says another thing?  Shocked

Power of GOD View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power of GOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 2:33am

Greetings islamispeace,

asalaam and blessings.

Contradictory testimony at a trial usually leads a to mistrial.  When "witnesses" cannot agree on even simple issues, then what credibility do they really have?  What good are many "witnesses" if one says one thing and another says another thing?  Shocked
 The only thing that contradicts Jesus is the quran Muhammad has got his so called revalation without any witnesses that his so called angel was seen by other why must he always go the cave to receive his so called revelation where nobody can claim he was a liar 
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 7:10pm
Does anyone believe that they can earn their own way into heaven?
(I found myself asking myself this today, do muslims really think they can earn their way into heaven?  Do they think they can ever be 'good enough'?  Can any of us?  None of us can achieve the level of purity necessary to be in the presence of God.)
I know myself, that I can never be good enough.  I know that I struggle with impatience... I am not always as non-critical, non-judgemental, or forgiving as I ought to be... I tend to envy others when I see they have what I have not...
In many ways, every day, I must ask God to forgive and strengthen me in these things... to help me be thankful for the blessings I do have.  I strive every day to count and give thanks for my blessings, rather than my sorrows.

The sacrifice of Yshwe humbles us... so we come to see and accept that we can never earn our own way into paradise... not in our own power... it is not in our power to do this alone...
only through the power of God which strengthens us, and the grace of God which has given us forgiveness for the things He already knows we are too weak to overcome on our own...

27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

asalaam and blessings.

Edited by Caringheart - 21 July 2014 at 7:11pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:02pm

Does anyone believe that they can earn their own way into heaven?
(I found myself asking myself this today, do muslims really think they can earn their way into heaven?  Do they think they can ever be 'good enough'?  Can any of us?  None of us can achieve the level of purity necessary to be in the presence of God.)
I know myself, that I can never be good enough.  I know that I struggle with impatience... I am not always as non-critical, non-judgemental, or forgiving as I ought to be... I tend to envy others when I see they have what I have not...
In many ways, every day, I must ask God to forgive and strengthen me in these things... to help me be thankful for the blessings I do have.  I strive every day to count and give thanks for my blessings, rather than my sorrows.

The sacrifice of Yshwe humbles us... so we come to see and accept that we can never earn our own way into paradise... not in our own power... it is not in our power to do this alone...
only through the power of God which strengthens us, and the grace of God which has given us forgiveness for the things He already knows we are too weak to overcome on our own...

27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

asalaam and blessings.

Trying to change the subject, eh?  Come now.  Why do your gospels contradict each other?  What good are your "witnesses" when they provide contradictory testimony?

As for your new question, Muslims believe that faith and good works go hand in hand.  However, ultimately it is faith that saves us.  Good works without faith in Allah will not lead to Paradise.  It will ultimately come down to Allah's mercy on us.  He is Al-Rahman, Al-Rahim.  We rely on His mercy to achieve salvation.  He does not require a blood sacrifice to forgive.  His mercy far outweighs His wrath.  It takes a sincere heart and sincere repentance.  If we have these, then Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) promises us that He will forgive us our sins and shortcomings.  He knows we are not perfect.  That is how He created us.  But, He has endowed us with the ability to choose right from wrong and truth from falsehood and given us the guidance to help us make the right choice.  The problem is too many of us choose to disobey him or follow false doctrines (one example is false doctrine of Christianity).   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic