IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - important thing to ask .  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

important thing to ask .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osamahk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: important thing to ask .
    Posted: 10 July 2014 at 6:13am
i have question and i want a question .i am muslim boy . from hong kong .(pakistani)
let start . i seen many many muslim couple fighting or not giving right to the womenexample my friends has got married 2years before . he had got a son now. his wife is a housewife . his husband dont let him work . also her husband parent always scout at her.her husband parent dont like her.. she do all the work at home .she dont even get a more than 5to10 min for her to rest . (last time when i go to her home , i help her to finish her housework ) and when her husband comes home.she was resting(slept) .he waked her up and ask her to give him water . why dont he get the water by himself?from that day . i stopped friendship with him.
my question starts now
1)why muslim wife cant work outsids??i didnt seen anywhere written that muslim wife cant work.
2)why do muslim wife need to obey their husband? it should be equal. if muslim wife need to obey their husband . then muslim husband should obey their wife too. everything should be equal . a man has a heart and a women had it too. how would the women feel if she dont have her right??
3)who can muslim marrys to?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 11:46pm
Assalamalecum,Allah in ch 4 v 19 of Quran says it is unlawful for you to inherit women under compulsion, live in kindness with them,so yes women can do work outside, Allah in ch 2 v 187 says that husband and wives are each other's garments so definitely husband and wife should respect each other.prophet Muhammad S.A.W ( pbuh ) himself did household work which showed us how to live with wife.we muslims can marry only believing women.Allah in ch 2 v 222 of Quran says don't marry the unbelieving woman until she believes, a believing slave is better than unbeliever even if she allures u, don't marry the unbelieving man until he believes, a believing slave is better than a unbeliever even if he allures you.
kodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 6:00pm
Though you are right about his rudeness on waking her up for water, I also find it rude when others learn about and interfere the matters of families.

In any case, about your questions:
1- Muslim women can work outside, just like the Muslim men, on the conditions that the work does not require them to indulge in haram.

However, for a married lady, it is a must that she gets her husband's permission in order to work.

AND ONE IMPORTANT THING HERE IS; a woman can state IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT that her husband can not prohibit her from working. And the husband can not prohibit her then. Same applies for polygamy (she can state in the marriage contract that he can't marry another) and every other issue as well. THE WOMAN CAN STATE THESE THINGS IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT. But, if she does not, then, she is to convince her husband for such things.

Please see this humorous yet informative clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYJSVw8p6g

2- Muslim woman has responsibilities towards her husband. But Muslim man has responsibilities towards his wife also. It is not one sided. They have mutual rights. You can study it here:

http://www.al-islam.org/islamic-marriage-syed-athar-husain-sh-rizvi/mutual-rights-and-behavior

http://www.al-islam.org/principles-marriage-family-ethics-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/part-2-duties-men

3- Muslim men can marry Muslim women and the women of the scriptures (i.e. Jews, Christians, Sabians). Muslim women can marry Muslim men.

And also for your other queries you can refer to http://www.islamquest.net (This website is available in many languages including Urdu)

I hope it helps. ma salam

Edited by kodoo - 21 October 2014 at 6:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic