IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Comforter shall guide you into all truth  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Comforter shall guide you into all truth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Realisticdreamz View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realisticdreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Comforter shall guide you into all truth
    Posted: 13 September 2014 at 9:52pm

Again you do not understand the meaning of Anti-Christ. He is called the Anti-Christ because he is not against just Christ but because Isa (Alyhi Salaam) defeats him.

The Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa SAllam) taught us that ALL Prophets of God Almighty preached against the Anti-Christ because nobody knew when he will arrive to cause havoc on earth. The time has now come because Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is the final Prophet and Messenger.

Muslims DO believe in Christ, we are the only true followers of Christ. We follow the true teachings of Isa (Alayhi Salaam), that is to believe in ONE God Almighty and to follow the laws and regulations which God sent down.

The description of Ad-Dajjal is ridiculous to you because you have this preconception of who he is. Well actually there is no description of Anti-Christ in Christianity.

So if you shed your hatred and prejudice of Islam then you too will see the light. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> [/QUOTE]

Actually, the scripture talks about the Anti-Christ with description as the one who denies that Jesus (Yeshua) is the Christ, Messiah and is the Son of God, born in the flesh by God's Holy Spirit... he who denies Jesus... denying who Christ is and His identity is denying Christ, or that He is the Christ. He was more than just a prophet. Although Christians know there is only one God, the Father, and Creator of all things, His Holy Spirit was in Christ, unlike any prophet.

2 John 1:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.

1 John 2:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

And Jesus said their were already Anti-christs in the world when we walked the earth. He is the only Christ, Messiah and when He returns it will be unmistakable so that we are not deceived into believing Christ had returned:

Matthew 24:23 �Then if anyone says to you, �Look, here is the Christ!� or �There!� do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

26 �Therefore if they say to you, �Look, He is in the desert!� do not go out; or �Look, He is in the inner rooms!� do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

If Muslims loved Christ, then why do Muslims persecute and kill Christians, those who love and follow Christ? Certainly God did not give the Prophet or the Islam religioun "permission" to kill those who follow Christ. The name Christian means to be a follower of Christ. Yet, I realize not everyone who claims to be a Christian actually is.

Respectfully, just trying to elaborate using Biblical scripture to respond to the subject.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Power of GOD Power of GOD wrote:

Originally posted by truthnowcome truthnowcome wrote:

Where do you came from to tell us the Quran is the good news you are muslim quoting from the gospel that good news will be quran is that some kind of a prophecie that you concocted in your briliant mind and on the other hand you claim that the gospel is corrupted and unreliable so don't try and fool yourself by making that alligations everlasting good news the Quran I would have believe you if you had said everlasting bad news cause the Quran is bad news for the whole human race cause Muhammad wasn't near any kind of god or any kind of angel he made himself god of islam and he fooled all his believers.

Like one thing Dajjal islam's so called anti-christ where on earth has Muhammad came upon the looks of this creature and how can you have anti - christ if you don't have a christ or neither believe in christ it is like you already got the anti-dope but there is no disease or ilness, muslims do not believe in Jesus as the Christ so what is the need for muslims to have a anti-christ muslims are st**id they can't even see that they are draged by the satan.
The only anti christ that is visible now is islam so open your eyes of your mind the quran is bad news.

Peace unto you!

Power of god, you new here, welcome to the truth!

I can see you are having trouble understanding what I have posted there.

What "GOSPEL" are you talking about that I say is corrupted? Please explain!

Br Zainool

I do not having trouble from what you have posted here the thing how can you quote from the gospel and make false prophecies about Muhammad in the gospel and with same breath muslims claim the bible is corrupted.

Peace unto you!

I never said the "Gospel" is corrupt, neither did I say your "Bible" is corrupt.

That goes to show you did not read my post. The "Gospel" Jesus (S) preach is not one and the same. The Bible is a "collection of Books" and Jesus never preach the "Bible".

Here is a copy and past of what I have said:

<>

THE WORD �BIBLE� AND ITS DEFINITION

Let�s look at the word �Bible�. The Bible (from Greek ὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is the collections of the primary religious text of Judaism and Christianity.

There is no common version of the Bible, as the individual books (Biblical cannon), their contents and their order vary among denominations. Mainstream Judaism divides the Tanakh into 24 books, while a minority stream of Judaism, the Samaritans, accepts only five.

The 24 texts of the Hebrew Bible are divided into 39 books in Christian Old Testaments, and the complete Christian Bible range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible, to the 84 books of the Eastern Orthodox Bible.

From the Bible Dictionary

Bible definition

Bible, the English form of the Greek name _Biblia_, meaning "books," the name which in the fifth century began to be given to the entire collection of sacred books, the "Library of Divine Revelation." The name Bible was adopted by Wickliffe, and came gradually into use in our English language. The Bible consists of sixty-six different books, composed by many different writers, in three different languages, under different circumstances; writers of almost every social rank, statesmen and peasants, kings, herdsmen, fishermen, priests, tax-gatherers, tentmakers; educated and uneducated, Jews and Gentiles; most of them unknown to each other, and writing at various periods during the space of about 1600 years: and yet, after all, it is only one book dealing with only one subject in its numberless aspects and relations, the subject of man's redemption. It is divided into the Old Testament, containing thirty-nine books, and the New Testament, containing twenty-seven books. The names given to the Old in the writings of the New are "the scriptures" (Matt. 21:42), "scripture" (2 Pet. 1:20), "the holy scriptures" (Rom. 1:2), "the law" (John 12:34), "the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms" (Luke 24:44), "the law and the prophets" (Matt. 5:17), "the old covenant" (2 Cor. 3:14, R.V.). There is a break of 400 years between the Old Testament and the New. (See APOCRYPHA.) (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bible)

From the above we can conclude that Jesus (s) never instruct anyone to go into the world and preach the �bible� because the bible is a �collection of books� which Jesus (s) has no knowledge of when he said: �Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creatures.� (Mark 16:15).

THE WORD �GOSPEL� AND THE MEANING

This is the definition they give you: the origin and the usage but also if we examine how it was by Jesus (s) we will arrive with a different meaning. Let�s read it from the Bible Dictionary.

Bible Dictionary

Gospel definition

a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, and meaning "God's spell", i.e., word of God, or rather, according to others, "good spell", i.e., good news. It is the rendering of the Greek _evangelion_, i.e., "good message." It denotes (1) "the welcome intelligence of salvation to man as preached by our Lord and his followers. (2.) It was afterwards transitively applied to each of the four histories of our Lord's life, published by those who are therefore called 'Evangelists', writers of the history of the gospel (the evangelion). (3.) The term is often used to express collectively the gospel doctrines; and 'preaching the gospel' is often used to include not only the proclaiming of the good tidings, but the teaching men how to avail themselves of the offer of salvation, the declaring of all the truths, precepts, promises, and threatenings of Christianity." It is termed "the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24), "the gospel of the kingdom" (Matt. 4:23), "the gospel of Christ" (Rom. 1:16), "the gospel of peace (Eph. 6:15), "the glorious gospel," "the everlasting gospel," "the gospel of salvation" (Eph. 1:13). http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gospel

That is how they got the word �gospel�. It was translated from these two Greek words �Euaggelizo / Euaggelion� which literally mean �good news� So when you see the word �Gospel�, it should read as  �Good News� I will examine it later on or you can check it out on the net (lexicon). The Jehovah witness rightly translates it as �Good News� and not �gospel�.

I will look at the usage and its application in the New Testament. These two words �Euaggelizo / Euaggelion� which literally mean �Good News� and was miss translates as �Gospel�. In Luke Chapter 1: 1 -19 the Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used there for the �announcement� of the birth of John (S) to Zachariah. Quote:

�The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.� (Luke 1:19)

The same Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used for the �announcement� of the birth of Jesus (S) in Luke 2: 1-10. Quote:

�But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;� (Luke 2:10)

As you can see the word �Good News� was used for making special announcement of importance.

Now, let us see how Jesus (S) used it. It mentioned in Luke 20:1  �And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders�, (Luk3 20: 1); and in Matthew 11:5 it mentioned: �The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.� (Matthew 11:5)

The same Greek word �Euaggalizo� was used there and was translates as �gospel�. As I have established before, the literal meaning of the word is �Good News�. Although the Greek word �euaggalizo� means �good news�; they decided to invent a new meaning: �God spell, Good spell and then gospel to misguide you. It was rightly translated as �good news� in the New World Translation. Luke 20:1 and Matthew 11:5 should read as follows:

On one of the days while he was teaching the people in the temple and declaring the good news, the chief priests and the scribes with the older men came near, (Luke 20:1 NWT)

The blind are seeing again, and the lame are walking about, the lepers are being cleansed and the deaf are hearing, and the dead are being raised up, and the poor are having the good news declared to them; (Matthew 11:5 NWT).

What was the Good News of so important Jesus (S) was preaching? Now, let�s look at good mark 1:14 and Matthew 4:23 It read as follows�

�Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God�. (Mark 1:14)

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. (Matthew 4:23 KJV)

What is the gospel of the kingdom? Is there any such thing as �gospel of the kingdom�? The try to trick you there! It is the Good News of the King of God; Jesus (S) was preaching the Good News of the coming of God�s Kingdom. The Greek word �euaggolizo� which means �Good news� was used there and translates a �gospel�. I t was correctly translated as �good news� in the New World Translation. So the verse should as follows: 

�Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the good news of the kingdom of God�. (Mark 1:14)

23Then he went around throughout the whole of Gal�i�lee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom and curing every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity among the people. (Matthew 4:23 NWT)

The Good News Jesus (S) was preaching was about coming of the kingdom of God. This is the definition they give you, from the Bible Dictionary:

Bible Dictionary

Gospel definition

a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, and meaning "God's spell", i.e., word of God, or rather, according to others, "good spell", i.e., good news. It is the rendering of the Greek _evangelion_, i.e., "good message." It denotes (1) "the welcome intelligence of salvation to man as preached by our Lord and his followers. (2.) It was afterwards transitively applied to each of the four histories of our Lord's life, published by those who are therefore called 'Evangelists', writers of the history of the gospel (the evangelion). (3.) The term is often used to express collectively the gospel doctrines; and 'preaching the gospel' is often used to include not only the proclaiming of the good tidings, but the teaching men how to avail themselves of the offer of salvation, the declaring of all the truths, precepts, promises, and threatenings of Christianity." It is termed "the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24), "the gospel of the kingdom" (Matt. 4:23), "the gospel of Christ" (Rom. 1:16), "the gospel of peace (Eph. 6:15), "the glorious gospel," "the everlasting gospel," "the gospel of salvation" (Eph. 1:13).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gospel

You see that! Jesus (s) never teaches the good news of the grace of Grace of God, nor the good news of Christ, nor the good news of peace, nor the good news of salvation, or even the good news of the everlasting gospel (good news). The everlasting good news is another book which was yet to come from Heaven and it mentioned in revelation 14: 6-7 which I will deal with later on; he also never teaches to believe in the bible. Bible is the English form of the Greek name _Biblia_, meaning "books," the name which in the fifth century began to be given to the entire collection of what they termed as sacred books, the name Bible was adopted by Wickliffe, and came gradually into use in our English language.

And just to add, the Qur�an also never in anyway conform for Christians to judge by the bible (a collection of books). The Qur�an mentioned that the people of the book will be judge by the �revelations� that was revealed to their prophets; and not a collection of books (BIBLE).

What Jesus (S) really thought his people it to �REPENT� and believe the Good News of the coming of God�s Kingdom on earth.

Jesus told them: �... saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel�. (Mark: 1:14)

You see, it mentioned there in Mark 1:14 again gospel? It was the good news! It should read as Follows:

�... saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the good news�. (Mark: 1:14)

It says: ��The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe�; Believe what? Believe the good news of the kingdom of God is at hand. This is what Jesus (S) was preaching, it was for you to �REPENT� and believe the �Good News� of the coming of God�s Kingdom on earth and that was the purpose of his mission. Let�s look it up, it mentioned in Luke 4:43. He said:

I must preach KINGDOM OF GOD to the other cities also, because for THIS PURPOSE I have been sent" (Luke 4:43 NKJV)

When Jesus (s) said: �Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation� (Mark 16:15); He was instructing his disciples to go in all the world and informed the people of the �Good News of the coming of the Kingdom of God. The NWT: And he said to them: �Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. (Mark 16:15 NWT)

You see that? He was not teaching any such thing as the good news of the grace of Grace of God, nor the good news of Christ, nor the good news of peace, nor the good news of salvation, or even the good news of the everlasting gospel (good news). He was not informing them to go and preach the �Bible�; Christians was misinformed to believe that.

The Kingdom of God was so important he thought his followers to pray for when it will come and the coming of it, the Most High name will sanctify:

�After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�(Matthew 6:9 )

Coming of God Almighty kingdom on earth �His� will� shall be done on earth. What is the will? God�s will is his divine law. The coming Kingdom is a message from God for all nations. He said:

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�

It is narrated that Jesus (S) said: �Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.�  (Matthew 7:21-22)

As we can see that the ticket to Heaven has a �condition� and that is, we have to �do the will of the Father� In other words, we have to be obedience to God Law according to Jesus (S) because he said: Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�

That is Islam (Submission to the will of God) will be done on earth when thy Kingdom come.

The kingdom of God was a another message to come:

<>

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27365&PN=1

Br. zainool

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Power of GOD View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power of GOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by truthnowcome truthnowcome wrote:

Where do you came from to tell us the Quran is the good news you are muslim quoting from the gospel that good news will be quran is that some kind of a prophecie that you concocted in your briliant mind and on the other hand you claim that the gospel is corrupted and unreliable so don't try and fool yourself by making that alligations everlasting good news the Quran I would have believe you if you had said everlasting bad news cause the Quran is bad news for the whole human race cause Muhammad wasn't near any kind of god or any kind of angel he made himself god of islam and he fooled all his believers.

Like one thing Dajjal islam's so called anti-christ where on earth has Muhammad came upon the looks of this creature and how can you have anti - christ if you don't have a christ or neither believe in christ it is like you already got the anti-dope but there is no disease or ilness, muslims do not believe in Jesus as the Christ so what is the need for muslims to have a anti-christ muslims are st**id they can't even see that they are draged by the satan.
The only anti christ that is visible now is islam so open your eyes of your mind the quran is bad news.

Peace unto you!

Br Zainool

I do not having trouble from what you have posted here the thing how can you quote from the gospel and make false prophecies about Muhammad in the gospel and with same breath muslims claim the bible is corrupted.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 8:20am

Peace unto you!

Br Zainool

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 9:16pm
Salaam Alaikum, Truthnowcome.

Who do you believe "the Comforter" who is mentioned in John 16:12-13 (the passage you quoted) is?

I have a feeling I know what your answer will be, but I would like to hear it from you before I move on and respond more to this thread.

Thank you.

Edited by TG12345 - 31 August 2014 at 12:12pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I see what has happened with you islamis[eace...you have gotten a big head, making yourself a self-proclaimed scholar with your 'blog', and one who is unable to have simple, civil conversation....Ah, it is all clear...asalaam.

What has happened with bro Islamispeace is that he only produces evidences from the scriptures and the Hadiths unlike you who blurts out nonsense from your very imaginative brain.

If you read his blog you will see that he only quotes from the scriptures and not from his whims and fancy. You should learn from him.

LOL Exactly!  Jazak Allah Khair for setting the record straight.

I think that people like "Caringheart" are afraid of the truth.  That is why she talks nonsense.  One would think that if my blog is somehow deficient, then Christians like "Caringheart" and "Power of God" should be able to refute the articles I have written.  But alas, we don't find any constructive criticism, just a whole lot of childish whining. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 9:11am

I see what has happened with you islamis[eace...you have gotten a big head, making yourself a self-proclaimed scholar with your 'blog', and one who is unable to have simple, civil conversation....Ah, it is all clear...asalaam.

What has happened with bro Islamispeace is that he only produces evidences from the scriptures and the Hadiths unlike you who blurts out nonsense from your very imaginative brain.

If you read his blog you will see that he only quotes from the scriptures and not from his whims and fancy. You should learn from him.
La Ilaha IllAllah
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 6:02pm

I see what has happened with you islamis[eace...
you have gotten a big head, making yourself a self-proclaimed scholar with your 'blog', and one who is unable to have simple, civil conversation....
Ah, it is all clear...
asalaam.

Oh come on, "Caringheart".  Stop making me laugh so much!

When did I proclaim myself a scholar?  I simply have studied the Bible and the Quran, unlike nitwits like you.  So, sue me!

My blog speaks for itself.  Have you read the articles?  Or are you afraid of the facts?  Are you afraid of the truth?  Wink

Ah, it is all clear indeed...
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic