IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Edmonton muslims on Canada Day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edmonton muslims on Canada Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edmonton muslims on Canada Day
    Posted: 06 July 2014 at 11:32pm
Assalamalecum,caringheart nobody ever ever can be like Allah, Allah created us and our creator doesn't need to be created,he is way above all attributes, we are not the ones to judge who is spiritual who is not,it will b known to us who is what by Allah on judgement day.if we wud have all been spiritual then the world would have been sinless which is not the fact in reality.

Edited by NABA - 06 July 2014 at 11:40pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

�As man now is, God once was; as God now is, man may be�

Hi Reepeicheep,

You know, I'm not sure I can completely dismiss this.  I don't necessarily think it says that there are many gods, or that we all become gods.

In a way it kind of says, 'as man now is, God once was'
doesn't this describe Yshwe (known as Jesus)?

and as far as, 'as God now is, man may be'
can't this simply refer to the fact that we are flesh now, but are actually spirits on this journey, one day to be spirits again... i.e, like God.

Are you familiar with the quote:
"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2014 at 9:08am
Caringheart wrote: Mormons... believe we all have the ability to become gods.

Yes, Caringheart, your understanding of Mormon belief is correct. This particular belief was summarized over a hundred years ago by a past President of the Mormon church as the following well known couplet:

�As man now is, God once was; as God now is, man may be�

Did you also know that Mormons believe that the Apostle John never died and is currently living somewhere on Earth? Check out the following video featuring Islamispeace's favorite Christian apologists, Donall and Conall:

Donall and Conall meet the Morman Missionaries

(I noticed, Caringheart, that you posted in the "Trinity Analogies" thread, so I assume you watched the "Patrick" Donall and Conall video. These "Lutheran Satire" videos are made by a Lutheran pastor named Hans Fiene who belongs to the exact same denomination that I belong to. He does these videos as a humorous way to explain orthodox Christian doctrine.)

Edited by Reepicheep - 03 July 2014 at 10:21am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 4:59pm

One of the standard Christian Orthodox beliefs is the belief in a Triune God who is "Three in One". Since JW's and Mormons don't believe this, they are not Christian according to this definition.

What beliefs to Ismaili's have that make them non-muslim?

Do you have an opinion about Ahmadiyyas? Are they muslim? They are also very common in Canada.

What about Twelvers? Lots of them in Canada, too.

I was shocked to learn... if I am understanding correctly... that Mormons don't even believe in one God... they believe we all have the ability to become gods. Shocked
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 4:29pm
One of the standard Christian Orthodox beliefs is the belief in a Triune God who is "Three in One". Since JW's and Mormons don't believe this, they are not Christian according to this definition.

What beliefs to Ismaili's have that make them non-muslim?

Do you have an opinion about Ahmadiyyas? Are they muslim? They are also very common in Canada.

What about Twelvers? Lots of them in Canada, too.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 3:40pm

Abu Loren wrote: That's very nice and all but the Ismaili's are NOT Muslims.'

Canada's 100,000 Ismailies, and the 15 million Ismailies that live elsewhere in the world, would be surprised at this news. They consider themselves to be muslim. Who are you to say otherwise???

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons claim that they are Christians.  But Catholics and Protestants don't think so.  Do you disagree with them?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 2:34pm
Abu Loren wrote: That's very nice and all but the Ismaili's are NOT Muslims.'

Canada's 100,000 Ismailies, and the 15 million Ismailies that live elsewhere in the world, would be surprised at this news. They consider themselves to be muslim. Who are you to say otherwise???
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 12:24pm
That's very nice and all but the Ismaili's are NOT Muslims.

I must admit though that Canada has always been to my knowledge good to the immigrants and the coloured. Unlike your neighbours a bit further down South.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic