IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Caliphate Declared  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Caliphate Declared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 11:50am
Where are the tears for the Yazidi's and the Christians of mosul?
Whenever I watched the destruction happening in Syria done by Bashar al Assad a year ago, I wept.  When I watched what the Egyptian military did to peaceful protesters a year ago, as they overran the barricades, I wept.
Are there any muslim tears for what has been, is being done, to the non-muslims in Syria and Iraq?  Is there equal horror among muslims, over what was done to journalist James Foley?
Why is this not a valid question to ask?
If someone asks me if I weep for injustice, the answer is easily yes, no defense needed.
Does it matter who it is that suffers the horror?  No.  Any horror that brings about death is cause for weeping.
I weep when I see what happens to the people in Gaza as Israel retaliates.
Do muslims weep for non-muslims, as I weep for them?  As I weep for any human life that is tragically taken... for those poor Yazidi's as they were dying of thirst, and throwing their babies off of cliffs to give them an easier death?  We don't even know what horrors the Mosul Christians faced because no thing was reported about their tragedy.
Why is this not a valid question to want to know the answer to?
I see people like TG, and other non-muslims, taking up to defend the injustices perpetuated in the West Bank against muslims.  When will we see muslims taking up to defend injustices perpetuated against non-muslims?  Are they cognizant of injustice to non-muslims, or do they feel that injustice to non-muslims is acceptable?  Is it justified?
I need to see more muslims taking up for those who are unjustly treated.
I need to know that they weep for us, as I weep for them.
It would go a long way towards peace building and trust.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 August 2014 at 11:53am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
JD Maller View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Maller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 11:21pm
I registered because I think the more Muslims who speak out against ISIS, IS, ISIL - whatever name they go by - the better. Can anyone deny that kidnapping journalists IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE? Let alone beheading them? Can anyone possibly justify that it is truly in Allah's cause to do such things? Journalists - people who want to report, photograph, provide information so that the people of the world can accurately assess and judge the events that take place all over the world. These people are simply straight-up criminals. They rob banks, kidnap people, extort people, murder innocent people, and on and on and on. These are the people who are supposedly the leaders of Islam, declaring an Islamic state? I don't think so. I think they're a bunch of backwards psychopaths who are earning sin and destruction and evil. There is a hadith which I am quite attached to, in English (I don't speak Arabic) it is translated thus:

Narrated Abu Musa:

A man came to the Prophet and asked, "A man fights for war booty; another fights for fame and a third fights for showing off; which of them fights in Allah's Cause?" The Prophet said, "He who fights that Allah's Word (i.e. Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause. (Sahih Bukhari  Vol 4 Book 52 Number 65)

Considering we know that Allah's Word is the truth, that it simply is superior, what I take this to mean - and this is just my personal thoughts - is that fighting in Allah's cause entails things like striving to be a good neighbor, a good example, turning away from ill speech, repelling the bad deed with what is better.

I think that anti-American and anti-British sentiment amongst Muslims is misplaced and an ignorance. In the city in which I live, in America, there are many masjids. Certainly there are more churches, but there are many masjids. Muslims are out and about doing stuff, every day. There is no state-sponsored activities discouraging us from being Muslims and carrying out our business. Should it not, then, eventually become clear to the broader population that Islam is the truth and that our lifestyle is superior to that of intoxication, fornication, falsehood, usury, etc etc? I think in an environment of freedom of thought, choice, religion, etc, etc, the truth especially becomes clear against the false. This clarity is made VASTLY more stable because rather than being forced to avoid intoxication, fornication, falsehood, usury at gunpoint - meaning, not because the individuals understand why these things are bad or incorrect but simply because other humans are threatening them with violence - people will come to the truth because they thought and understood why what is wrong is wrong. Only when people choose Islam will they truly believe.

ISIS will never succeed because they are simply a bunch of gun-toting criminals. I have no idea if they truly consider themselves Muslims or if they are just extremely cynical people using the name of Islam to try to grab power and obedient followers. But they will certainly fail and are certainly not going to become a state of any kind. Who would trade with them? Do they think they can build a society on looting and murder?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 4:20am
I've said it before but what these animals are doing has nothing to do with Islam. They are actually worse than animals because all the animals only kill to defend themselves or for food.

They are taking the name of Islam, the only religion acceptable to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and making it something evil.

My only wish is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala sends a thunderbolt from the sky or a wind or send angels to destroy these enemies of humanity.
La Ilaha IllAllah
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2014 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

My only wish is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala sends a thunderbolt from the sky or a wind or send angels to destroy these enemies of humanity.

Elsewhere on this forum you have written that everything was created by your Allah. Therefore, according to you, Allah created ISIS, and Allah (who knows the consequences of everything) is responsible for all of ISIS's actions. Allah is horribly malevolent to have created ISIS. Moreover, the fact that Allah has not sent a thunderbolt, or wind, or angels to destroy them, is evidence that Allah continues to condone their actions. Moreover, don't you find it ironic that the most likely destroyers of ISIS are Christian-majority nations?

Edited by marcello - 04 September 2014 at 5:11pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 4:17am
Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

Elsewhere on this forum you have written that everything was created by your Allah. Therefore, according to you, Allah created ISIS, and Allah (who knows the consequences of everything) is responsible for all of ISIS's actions. Allah is horribly malevolent to have created ISIS. Moreover, the fact that Allah has not sent a thunderbolt, or wind, or angels to destroy them, is evidence that Allah continues to condone their actions. Moreover, don't you find it ironic that the most likely destroyers of ISIS are Christian-majority nations?

It is true that everything you see and do not see is created by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala however ISIS was not created by Him as He does not create organisations that oppress innocent people. How do I know this? Well He tells us in the Qur'an that a true Muslim who fears Him MUST fight oppression wherever there is oppression.

Then the true believers are tested to the core. Like I mentioned ALL true believers are ordered to stand up to tyranny and oppression so it may be that the believers are being tested and we have ALL failed in our duties. The reason He doesn't destroy them is because they will ALL be judged on the Day of Resurrection. It was a rhetorical question on my part.

As I've stated on the 'Moon' thread He is not malevolent.

At the present moment in time it does look like only the Christian coalition of countries could stop ISIS. One reason that the Muslims do not get involved is because the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) told us that ALL Muslims are brothers and the Muslims will NEVER get involved because even though they are the oppressors we cannot kill them in case they are believers in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It would be a great sin if a believer kills another believer, but having said that if they are the oppressor then a Muslim has the right to take up arms. The thing is no Muslim is willing to take that chance.

So you could say that a Muslim will NEVER fight another 'Muslim'.   
La Ilaha IllAllah
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 9:25am

At the present moment in time it does look like only the Christian coalition of countries could stop ISIS. One reason that the Muslims do not get involved is because the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) told us that ALL Muslims are brothers and the Muslims will NEVER get involved because even though they are the oppressors we cannot kill them in case they are believers in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It would be a great sin if a believer kills another believer, but having said that if they are the oppressor then a Muslim has the right to take up arms. The thing is no Muslim is willing to take that chance.

So you could say that a Muslim will NEVER fight another 'Muslim'.   

Greetings Abu Loren,

How convenient... or rather, I should say inconvenient...

how very convenient... for the devil

Intelligent muslims must think of the irrationality of the kind of thinking and teaching that you shared.
How can an oppressor be one who belongs to the Creator?

It is interesting, I was going to ask, what about when the oppression is being done to non-muslims.  (this genocide, this ethnic cleansing, this is allowable?)
It is allowable for muslims to oppress non-muslims? (according to allah)
How can muslims not be called to stand up against oppressors whoever they may be and whoever they are oppressing?  especially when they are being barbaric and cruel, shedding innocent blood everywhere they go... (where is common sense and common goodness)

How can good ever be served under these type of guidelines?
How is not all oppression wrong?  (do you know good and loving neighbors that are not muslim?  should they be allowed to be killed?)
Wouldn't a loving Creator be against any and all oppression against any and all of His creation?

It is incumbent upon us as individuals that, if we are to serve the Creator, we know how to discern evil from good, and fight for the good
... and being called muslim does not always equate to good... just as being Christian or Jew does not always equate to evil.  What about these people whose hearts belong to the Creator?  It is ok if they are killed?

The devil has the muslims under his grip... to serve his evil purposes.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 06 September 2014 at 9:35am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Abu Loren,How convenient... or rather, I should say inconvenient...how very convenient... for the devilIntelligent muslims must think of the irrationality of the kind of thinking and teaching that you shared.How can an oppressor be one who belongs to the Creator?It is interesting, I was going to ask, what about when the oppression is being done to non-muslims.� (this genocide, this ethnic cleansing, this is allowable?)It is allowable for muslims to oppress non-muslims? (according to allah)How can muslims not be called to stand up against oppressors whoever they may be and whoever they are oppressing?� especially when they are being barbaric and cruel, shedding innocent blood everywhere they go... (where is common sense and common goodness)How can good ever be served under these type of guidelines?How is not all oppression wrong?� (do you know good and loving neighbors that are not muslim?� should they be allowed to be killed?)Wouldn't a loving Creator be against any and all oppression against any and all of His creation?It is incumbent upon us as individuals that, if we are to serve the Creator, we know how to discern evil from good, and fight for the good... and being called muslim does not always equate to good... just as being Christian or Jew does not always equate to evil.� What about these people whose hearts belong to the Creator?� It is ok if they are killed?The devil has the muslims under his grip... to serve his evil purposes.asalaam,Caringheart

The thing is even if Muslims find other so called Muslims committing atrocities against humanity they will NOT do anything. The reason being that a Muslim is not supposed to kill another human being who prays, fasts and believes in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. BUT all believing Muslims are told to fight oppression wherever they find it and to fight tyrants who oppress the people.

So it's like a catch 20 situation. However my personal opinion is that if the oppressors are causing corruption in the land then ALL Muslims have the obligation to take up arms against the oppressor even if they are calling themselves Muslims. The minute they take up arms against innocent people then they've stopped becoming brothers.

Edited by Abu Loren - 06 September 2014 at 1:23pm
La Ilaha IllAllah
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 5:08pm

It is true that everything you see and do not see is created by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala however ISIS was not created by Him . . .

You have contradicted yourself. Everything is created by Allah. But ISIS was not created by Allah?? How is that possible?

It would be a great sin if a believer kills another believer, but having said that if they are the oppressor then a Muslim has the right to take up arms. The thing is no Muslim is willing to take that chance.

Are you saying the Muslims are cowards? Or that Muslims think it's possible that ISIS is on the right track?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic